PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Version 1.67 released

Bob Hartzell
12-12-2000, 09:46 AM
Download from http://www.koolmoves.com/kmsetup.exe

See what's new at http://www.koolmoves.com/whatsnew.html

Next I will address the rotation problem, add bitmap transparency, fix the shape with bitmap fill scaling problem, and start coding bones.

GaijinTiger
12-12-2000, 11:53 AM
Great! I just downloaded this program the other day. Already an upgrade. :)

Perhaps someone should start a KoolMoves FlashFestival in response to the issues I've read about regarding the remainder of the FlashKit community. Just a thought.

BradBradleySL
12-14-2000, 12:19 AM
How do you plan on implementing bones, do you have an idea of the features, how they will work, details......

Thanks
Brad

i am so excited now:):)

johnie
12-14-2000, 12:32 AM
Please but a second between key frames window on the main intrface in the next version also if you have time. I'm tired of giving my tween+1/Fps speach to new users or look at the actions and sounds interface speach.

GaijinTiger
12-14-2000, 07:43 AM
oh yeah....bones.

after spending most of the night reading all the posts since inception i'm completely hyped about this product. my 29 dollars were well spent. :)

i would agree with above on the whole bones issue. That and motion paths (bezier kind if it's not already implemented, in which case my neophyte is showing) are what I would see as being two critically needed features.

with them on board (and bones would have precedent), and the daily breakthroughs johnie's coming up with (FS Commands, I mean...all I wanted was a row of blinking lights while my movie was loading...how was I to know? Now, Space Invaders? I think I have to sit down. Oh, wait ... I am sitting down) I think that KM could easily gain a huge gain in the all important "killer app" race.

but then again...what do I know?

Please Bob, bones. And soon. :)

Happy Holidays all.

Bob Hartzell
12-14-2000, 08:26 AM
The idea sprang from a teenager that Richard was teaching animation. He animated a stick figure performing martial arts. You can see part of it in the footer. It was quite beautiful. I am approaching the problem from the standpoint of programming simplicity and ease of use. I don't want to have to go through another major rewrite like I did with object grouping.

Richard and I have walked through this but it is still in the design stage. The user will be able to associate a stick figure with a shape with can be a group of shapes. One way of doing this is through the shape property list with a property called "Has Structure" or "Has Bones". If yes, a bones button appears at the top of the property list which on pressing goes to the bones view. This is just my initial stab at the GUI. A starting stick figure will be automatically computed (probably too hard initially) or will be constucted via joints (points) though drawing tools similar to what is currently in place. The user will manipulate the shape by moving joints in the stick figure. Joint movements will act like a tranform to the enclosing figure. How the entire stick figure behaves to individual joint movements maybe quite complicated, may involve kinematics, and may consider gravity. That is a local complication in the code so it will not affect the bulk of code already in place. I don't want the user to have to manually group points or manually associate points with the stick figure. I think that step can be eliminated through smart programming. The idea of a structure or bones can be useful for other shapes than human or animal figures. It can be regarded as a higher order method of moving the shape with fewer degrees of freedom than individual point adjustment.

Does this make sense?

GaijinTiger
12-14-2000, 01:45 PM
Um, sure. I'm not too clear on the technical aspects but if what I got out of your explanation boils down to a stick figure with a hiearchy that can be assigned objects from the project's "Shape List" then it makews sense to me.

For instance: the right arm...on the stick figure, one would click the forearm part and the GUI would ask for what shape was to be mapped to it. Is it something like that?

Anyways, did I read through the lines correctly to perceive that a great deal of the coding is already in place?

Bob Hartzell
12-14-2000, 07:31 PM
There is no hierarchy involved. The stick figure is associated with the entire form. Hierarchy is a programming nightmare which I would like to avoid. There is no code written so far.

johnie
12-14-2000, 08:08 PM
It makes sense to me.

Just tell them that they are getting bones and it will make animation easier.

djoy
12-14-2000, 09:28 PM
Can this be downloaded over my existing version succesfully? (I guess thats the way to put it) I know that some programs require you to remove any previous version before installation.

Just Checking. :-)

djoy
12-14-2000, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by djoy
Can this be downloaded over my existing version succesfully? (I guess thats the way to put it) I know that some programs require you to remove any previous version before installation.

Just Checking. :-)

Well, I thought I would just try it (assuming I don't need version 1.60 with the new one, correct?)

Uh, the "crucial help files/window" is not functioning. Any suggestion's? It locks up on me. I have to ctrl+alt+del to end task.

Bob Hartzell
12-15-2000, 08:31 AM
Well, I thought I would just try it (assuming I don't need version 1.60 with the new one, correct?)
-> The install program creates a separate folder for each version. So yes, uninstall first.

Uh, the "crucial help files/window" is not functioning. Any suggestion's? It locks up on me. I have to ctrl+alt+del to end task.
-> I am not sure what you mean by "crucial help files/window". Do you have koolmoves.chm in the KoolMoves folder and does it open if you double-click on it?

djoy
12-15-2000, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Bob Hartzell
-> The install program creates a separate folder for each version. So yes, uninstall first.

-> I am not sure what you mean by "crucial help files/window". Do you have koolmoves.chm in the KoolMoves folder and does it open if you double-click on it?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++

I have uninstalled v 1.60 and installed v 1.67 That seems to be ok. The "crucial help files/window" is where the Help Files or Help is located (they are crucial to me). I double click and it freezes up/locks up on me. Other times it will take a while before it loads completely.

Its probably just my system. I'm moving a little slow here.

No complaints, just want to make sure everything was complete on this end.

Bob Hartzell
12-15-2000, 08:16 PM
If I am reading you correctly, double-clicking on koolmoves.chm locks up your computer sometimes. If you send me an email at bob@koolmoves.com so I can get get your email address, I will email you the system file .ocx or .dll associated with html help. Maybe that will solve the problem.

djoy
12-17-2000, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Bob Hartzell
If I am reading you correctly, double-clicking on koolmoves.chm locks up your computer sometimes. If you send me an email at bob@koolmoves.com so I can get get your email address, I will email you the system file .ocx or .dll associated with html help. Maybe that will solve the problem.

Thanks for the Help (publically) The files sent worked great and solved the problem I was having. Thanks Again!

DJoy