PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Disp-lay Flash Text As HTML?

daydreams
11-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Hi. Is it possible to display the contents of a Flash text object as HTMl in a web page using FSCommands? Please give full details.

Thank you,

Andre

Frets
11-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Hi,

FScommands are pretty much dead in the browser environment.
Too many security issues in regards to trying to execute an fs command.

fscommands only operate in the exe environment and then limited to the functionality of the 3rd party app. exe's can't be displayed in a browser.

If you wanted to write a document that held the contents an input box you would need to integrate your flash wiith a middleware that would write the html document (such as php/asp etc)

frets

The_Xell
11-27-2006, 10:17 PM
geturl with a javascript command would work.

getURL("javascript:sendText('_root.txtsend')");

Something like that ;)

daydreams
11-27-2006, 10:58 PM
No, they are not. I've made use of every FSCommand on my web page; working in all three of the major browsers; Internet Explorer, Opera, and Firefox.

I simply wanted to know if it was possible to capture the text contained in a dynamic text string.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi,

FScommands are pretty much dead in the browser environment.
Too many security issues in regards to trying to execute an fs command.

fscommands only operate in the exe environment and then limited to the functionality of the 3rd party app. exe's can't be displayed in a browser.

If you wanted to write a document that held the contents an input box you would need to integrate your flash wiith a middleware that would write the html document (such as php/asp etc)

frets

daydreams
11-27-2006, 11:07 PM
How would a geturl command send the contents of a text object to HTML?

Also, please send all of your knowledge on the subject. How would I script it in Flash? And how would I script it in HTML?

Please help.

Thank you,

Andrew

geturl with a javascript command would work.

getURL("javascript:sendText('_root.txtsend')");

Something like that ;)