PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : How would I make a Submission Form

RDTJ
11-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Like a little form where people enter there name and upload like a swf flash file or something, then it would upload the swf flash file to my server and send me an email notifying me that "name in form" has submitted "name of swf file" or where it automatically adds it to the correct page?

I know the form has to go through a redirecting server or something that I think, but I'm sure you guys know more about that then me

kortex
11-28-2006, 02:31 PM
What type of server do you have? (PHP, ASP, ColdFusion)

RDTJ
11-28-2006, 02:34 PM
well honestly I dont know, its on godaddy.com hosting servers but i only know basic html and very little javascript, I dont know much about servers....

Is there a way i can figure out?

yasunobu13
11-30-2006, 01:24 AM
well honestly I dont know, its on godaddy.com hosting servers but i only know basic html and very little javascript, I dont know much about servers....

Is there a way i can figure out?
When you registered with GoDaddy, they should have given you some contact information or a link to your package information. If you can't find it when you sign into GoDaddy's site, then try emailing their help desk.

I would be surprised if they didn't have PHP.

A quick test would be to create a file named "test.php" and enter in

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Upload that to the server and view the page, it will be empty, say "phpinfo()" or it will be filled with a bunch of blue tables with server information. If it's the latter, then you can use PHP

RDTJ
12-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Im very sorry for the long delay in my reply ive been busy with personal stuff.

Anyway when i use the test.php thing it comes up with this

"The specified module could not be found."

as you can see here (http://www.majinziggy.com/test.php)

So i assume i cant use php then?

Frets
12-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Time for a new host...
Or check with go daddy they may be able to upgrade you to a php enabled server...

Personally I'd just get a new host.

RDTJ
12-06-2006, 05:00 PM
well it doesnt suprise me, it is a free account, so im sure they have php enabled servers, i was just hoping i could do that stuff on a free account. Guess ill have to calculate some stuff maybe i can afford a better server, what one would you reccomend?

jasonsplace
12-06-2006, 07:09 PM
GoDaddy has worked well for the 15 or 20 sites that I have on there. The Free ad supported servers suck though. They are very crippled. I have a few sites in the $3/month plan and it works great.