PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : PHP to .exe

dmwelch
01-16-2007, 03:50 AM
Hello,
I have built a small website/"program" in php and html. I was wondering if there was any way to make that a stand alone .exe. It would have to be able to connect to the internet as part of it must communicate with my website. Let me know if this is possible and if it is something I could learn quickly.
Thanks,
DW

MyFriendIsATaco
01-16-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm going to learn towards the "No" side on that one. at least, you can't do it by its self, there MAY be something out there for it, but it would be a 3rd party thing.

kortex
01-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Well I don't know about quickly, but if you created a Flash EXE, you could use LoadVars to get and pass data to your website, or you could compile the SWF into an EXE using either Zinc or SWF studio to get even mor system capabilities, but without knowing specifically, what it is you are trying to do, it is hard to say how long it would take to convert to an EXE version.

MyFriendIsATaco
01-16-2007, 12:00 PM
he wasnt referring to a flash .exe, at least i dont think, i thought he was referring to a strictly PHP/HTML website being bundled into an .exe

kortex
01-16-2007, 12:05 PM
he wasnt referring to a flash .exe, at least i dont think, i thought he was referring to a strictly PHP/HTML website being bundled into an .exe

Well in that case, no. I actually am not sure what he meant so I thought I would throw those options out there.

dmwelch
01-16-2007, 06:43 PM
The only problem with the flash idea is that I don't know if it will accept everything I want to do inside the movie. I actually tried that option first but parts of the scripts such as iframes and others will not transfer into a flash program. I would love to do it that way if I could though! :)
Thanks,
DW

kortex
01-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Well if it is just text or even a few images, the textarea component can act like an iFrame.

jasonsplace
01-17-2007, 11:07 AM
You could always try something like this (http://www.bambalam.se/bamcompile/). I've never tried it but it's always looked interesting. There are a few other PHP to EXE compilers that you can look up on Google but this seems to be the most popular.

dmwelch
01-17-2007, 01:01 PM
problem is that the iframe uses php as well. I think it is just too complicated for flash. :) LOL!

1stbite
01-18-2007, 03:23 PM
you could load a complete LAMP environment onto disk or pen drive and run the site within a localhost server which means you could take it to any windows based machine.

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html (read install for zip installation)