PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Html Tables Help

tongcv1
01-24-2007, 02:34 PM
I've been using Flash for quite some time now and I need to know how to make a flash site into HTML. I saw how templates are made of and most of them use tables and jpg files to design a site with Frontpage. Is there another easy way of building a html website?? Its so difficult to get these images to align right using Frontpage and working with tables. Any software? does Dreamweaver use html?

jasonsplace
01-24-2007, 04:07 PM
DreamWeaver does HTML too but the easiest thing to do is sit down with a book and learn to do it yourself. HTML isn't all that difficult and when you know how the HTML works, it's easier to fix problems that will arise when developing.

MyFriendIsATaco
01-24-2007, 05:08 PM
really, if you arent too knowledgeable in html, which like jasonsplace said, is rather simple to learn, if you have the design into photoshop, you can slice it up however you want with the slice tool, then go to the save for web, and you can export all of the images and it can write the html code for you. if youd like some help with that, feel free to PM me about it and i can set you in the right direction.

cristi_b_1
02-13-2007, 06:12 PM
i suggest Dreamweaver :D. i hate coding

hothousegraphix
02-13-2007, 10:15 PM
I would tend to agree with jasonsplace. Dreamweaver is a good option. Adobe also has GoLive, their answer to Dreamweaver....funny how they own both now.

My suggestion would be to get your hands dirty before spending any money on an app of that sort - take a look under the hood (view source) of some of the non-flash sites you find interesting. IMO the best thing to come a designerís way is the developerís tool bar extension for Firefox. This makes it easy to look at how a site is put together on the client side. What scripts are being used and for what? Look at the mark-up, its structure and how it relates to the page it holds together.

As you become more comfortable, you'll find yourself using "source view" in these authoring apps. Unquestionably the easiest way to deal a page layout
once you understand what youíre looking at.