PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Launching a PowerPoint pop-up from a Projector File

PullinGz
07-09-2000, 10:13 AM
Does anyone know of a way to launch a PowerPoint deck from Flash such that the PowerPoint deck opens in a new PowerPoint window, and NOT in the web browser?

I came across an FLA a while back that used Generator to access a text file that in turn used the "fscommand" collumn to open a PowerPoint. When done this way, the PowerPoint opened in it's own window (similar to a JavaScript pop-up). However, I don't know Generator very well, and was hoping there was an easier way to accomplish the PowerPoint pop-up. One would think that I could just use the fscommand feature from within Flash, but I can't seem to figure it out this way.

I'd appreciate any help or guidance the Flash community could provide.

Thanks in advance!

Pope de Flash
07-09-2000, 06:14 PM
I know you can do this using a product called JStart put out by Third Eye Solutitons at http://www.***********.com You can name the file and program you want to open the file in. I know that one of the new members is a thread below is trying to create a little exe that will do some of that and they plan to release it as shareware. You may want to check the latest posts. Regards, Bill