PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Size Property

colboy
12-18-2000, 03:49 PM
Just having a play with KoolMoves to do a holding page for my new site and was playing with shapes. I wanted to have a shape that was as wide as the page size and decrement it bit by bit. However there doesn't seem to be a property for width and height on the shape properties. Am I missing something. There should be a width and height property for every visual element, so you can easily manipulate it. Also a property to scale in ratio would be good in relation to height and width.

Colin

johnie
12-18-2000, 04:50 PM
Its all WYSWIG you can adjust size with the scale button. All you have to do is to select the shapes you want to scale and then hit the button-Its the button above the paint buket. The Gold Frame Rectangle is the screen size.

If you want your Movie to scale to the size of the screen either edit the HTML by changing the Hieght and Width attributes to 99% or just use the SWF without a web page. Keep in mind that if you use the movie without an HTML you loose many things including a scripting environment. You can script with Kool Moves by using FS Commands. Type FScommand:[command] in the get URL and the Arguments in the target. You also limit the ability to call javascript function directly from the SWF. It is more convienent to write your functions on the HTML page and then call them from the Get URL section by typing Javascript:function() . Java applets methods can also be called this way by calling them from the Get URL Action with nothing in the target. So in other words it is in your best interest to use a SWFR that is embedded on your HTML instead of a SWF alone.

The entire movie can also be scaled with the transform functions (scale frames and scale movie).

Bob Hartzell
12-18-2000, 08:17 PM
Size and position control of shapes from the property list is on my list of things to do.

colboy
12-19-2000, 12:43 PM
I'm more used to using drawing programs like CorelDraw and prefer to have complete control on how a shape is sized, down to the last pixel.

Colin

colboy
12-19-2000, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Bob Hartzell
Size and position control of shapes from the property list is on my list of things to do.

Thanks Bob I look forward to you adding this feature.