PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : opening MIDI file in background

Twandeman
03-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Hello,
I'm having a problem I can't solve on my own... Please help!
I'm using flash for a touchscreen-interface in front of a large model with buildings. When clicking on a building on the touchscreen, all the lights dim and the corresponding building is supposed to light up. In order to achieve this, I open MIDI files which communicate with the lightcomputer which controls the channels. Opening the MIDI files isn't the problem, but I don't want to create a new browser-window for the midi files, or opening a seperate application (such as Windows Media Player). I tried several things allready:
1. I tried to use the flashMidi (http://www.alexisisaac.net/products/flashMidi/) plug-in, but it doesn't work accurate. After installing the plug-in, the samples work once, but when I refresh the browserwindow, he doesn't recognize the plug-in anymore....
2. I tried to use pop-unders which link directly to the .mid files, but once they start playing the get on top again....
3. I tried to use pop-unders which link to a html file with <BGSOUND> tags in them, but they don't work in Firefox....
4. I tried opening them with Windows Media Player, but then you get the player on top of the browser ervery time you call a .mid file....

Does anyone have a solution? Any help is welcome!