PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : how do I set a preview image for an embeded FLV movie

Axelrod1
03-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Hi,

I'm using Dreamweaver, embedding a FLV video and I'm desperately trying to have a 'preview image' show instead of the black box.

Anyone know?

Thanks!!!!

Axelrod1
03-21-2007, 03:53 PM
I am praying to the lord that someone will respond to this before I jump off a bridge....

and I am only half joking.

thnx -AX1

rdoyle720
03-22-2007, 09:23 AM
There's no way to do it with Dreamweaver on it's own. You need to either put a still image in your Flash file or use code in your Flash file to load a bit of the movie and pause on a certain frame.

jAQUAN
03-25-2007, 06:18 AM
at the moment I'm using

my_netStream.seek(.1);
my_netStream.pause();

ihoss.com
03-25-2007, 11:21 AM
A more DOMy way of doing it would be to save a screenshot from the movie on the server. On your page you would then make to divs, one with an id of "thumbnail" and the other with an id of "movie". The movie would need this style:
display: none
and the thumbnail div would have an href tag with an image inside, with the thumbnail. Then you would add this code to the href tag:

onclick="document.getElementById('thumbnail').style.display = 'hidden'; document.getElementById('movie').style.display = 'block';"