PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : file certification

jpam
12-29-2000, 10:36 PM
hello everyone

i struggle with a problem in windows
is it possible to make a small menu in flash
for starting explorer or a mp3 player,
without the problem of certification errors in windows?
every time i make a button with a action goto url
c:\windows\explorer
a window pops up, "do you want to download or open it"
i want a menu that can run every program on hd
without that popup window.
is that possible???
thanks for any reply
jan

ps; sorry for my bad english, i'am dutch:)

fwhilton
12-30-2000, 10:43 AM
I have tried the URL thing like you and get the same thing.

That would be awesome if KM didn't prompt for that "save file" window.

By the way... How do you make those popup menus??

Thanks

Bob Hartzell
12-30-2000, 01:06 PM
I would try performing a search on FlashKit or asking this question in a general Flash forum. This popup window is probably a function of the browser. I believe that I see it with IE but not Netscape.

johnie
01-01-2001, 10:01 PM
That is a security feature of IE. when a web page access a exe it asks if you want to save or run the program. In order to overcome this what you need to do is lower the security on IE- (not recommended). There are also some hacks that can be done. http://www.happyhacker.com has more on it. Keep in mind that the info on this site can get you into trouble (she points out what will get you into trouble and tells you not to do these things and warns that if you cross the line you will go to jail) if you misuse the info.

johnie
01-01-2001, 10:16 PM
this is amirror of the content that was on that page: http://security.tsu.ru/harmless.html

Now I will double warn you. his content points out what is criminal and what is not. I am not condoning criminal behavior by posting this link. The author of that content points out what is criminal also and she does not advocate you do anything( nor tells you how to do the criminal things) so don't do anything stupid.

jpam
01-02-2001, 07:17 AM
hey johnie

Thanks for reply
1: i don't want to harm anyone on the net
2: i know wat you mean, you can send someone a flashmovie and format his harddrive or something like that!
3: The only thing i want is to make a shell on my computer
in flash, where i can execute files like explorer, paint program or a mp3 player.
4: lower the securitie on my computer do not help
*.exe files do not load whitout the popup window.
johnie, thanks for the url, butt can't find anything
that suits my needs:)
greetings jan

johnie
01-02-2001, 12:47 PM
It can be done as a standalone projector file with FS commands. The command is FScommand:exec in the Get URL and then the Path of the program in the target (Some problems here- the target area does not allow much room- perhaps it can be expanded- I have fiddled with the Fun file in wordpad and have gotten it to work for longer paths).

There are also several apps that will autoluanch programs. Juglor is one and there is a free version up in stand alone and 3'rd party tools forum (One of the moderators wrote the app).

Here is some info on signing files:

http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/signedobj/trust/owp.htm

http://members.aol.com/EJNBell/pgp-www.html

Please note that the second listing is PGP and although legal in the US it is not legal in all countries (like France, China, Iraq, Iran, and Russia).

Bob Hartzell
01-02-2001, 01:54 PM
I fixed the problem with entering long strings for the target in the next version due probably tomorrow.

For general information, using notepad to edit the file is OK (the advantage of an ascii file representation) except when there is a multi-line text block. The carriage returns are removed on saving in notepad. The text can be made into multi-line again by editing the text in KoolMoves.

jpam
01-02-2001, 04:09 PM
Thanks johnie

I found a proggie "flash tools"
It works!!!
I saved my file as projector *.exe file
saving as *.swf do not work!
I wonder how to use it in koolmoves or swish
I can't find any fs command!

The format in flash5= fscommand ("exec", "ftoolapp" add chr (9) add "open" add chr (9) add "mydoc.txt");

Can anyone do this in koolmoves or swish???
I hope so, because flash5 is not my favoriet :)
cu jan

johnie
01-02-2001, 04:19 PM
Yes it can be done in Kool Moves and in Swish.

Use the Get URL Action. In the URL box type FScommand:(command) and in the target type in the argument. So in the get URL box you have; FScommand:exec

and in the target you have

"ftoolapp" add chr (9) add "open" add chr (9) add "mydoc.txt"

The SWF file structure is such that FS commands are sent through the Get URL command. Flash 2.0 you actually typed FS Commands into the get URL dialog just as you are going to do in Swish 1.5X or Kool Moves.

You want need to use Flash tools to open just an EXE. The command would be FScommand:exec (in the get URL) and C:\MPLAYER.EXE (in the target box) on my computer Mplayer is in the C: Directory. The important thing is to have the path right.

[Edited by johnie on 01-02-2001 at 03:22 PM]