PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Quick Time Movie in exe file

horalau
07-18-2000, 10:59 AM
Hi.
I need to create a CD with flash and i have a problem.
When i put into flash a .mov (import a quick time movie) and i test if it is correct that i do, there is no problem, but when i create a flash projector (.exe) i could not see the movie.
please, help me!!!!

Thanks, and sorry if my english is not good.

Pope de Flash
07-18-2000, 05:27 PM
If you read the documentation you will see that Mov's can only be seen in the QT Player. Therefore you will have to create your product to fit in that environment. It can be done and is a bit more difficult, but will give you a cross platform cd. On the other hand if you are creating a CD for PC use only then I suggest you check out http://www.***********.com and look at JAVI it will allow you to run AVI's from you projector file, positioned where you want them and they will scale with the screen. Regards, Bill

sonwah
07-18-2000, 10:21 PM
Pope, oh learned one, do you know if qtime playback will be included within flash 5? or is it a marketing thing, only being able to play back from within director.

Pope de Flash
07-18-2000, 11:45 PM
I dont know what F5 will do with QT. But the QT solution is a much more robust package then everyone knows about. You can use the wired tracks in the QT player to talk between the swf file and the player. There is a product called "Live Stage" made by http://www.totallyhip.com that will send commands from flash sprites to the wired environment. The original intent was to give you a way to play your swf's as buttons etc in the QT environment. As you know a mov file is cross platform deliverable. This means one product produced that will play on both Mac and PC. Plus you can have great video as well as great animation. I see this being a huge door opening that people will start to capitalize on. I dont know if you remember "Real Flash" that came out a few years ago when they introduced the smil file. Well this is that and a whole lot more. I suggest you check out the totaly hip web site and also look at the MI2 (mission impossible) and the X men movie sites on the QuickTime page. these were created using flash assets in the QT wired environment. Sorry for going so long but when I see somthing that looks like the future I just like talking about it. Regards, Bill