PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Suggestion: Dear FlashGuru... (or somebody else) column in the newsletter

UpNorth
01-22-2001, 02:18 AM
I thought that it might be a good idea to have a 'column' in theweekly newsletter something like a dear abby type thing except maybe 'Dear FlashGuru...' or 'Dear Den...' oe somebody who EVERYBODY knows is awesome at Flash. Have a bunch of people submit questions and have the person pick a few and write answers for it.

ie

Dear FlashGuru - I am having some trouble understanding the Trace function in Flash. Could you please give some explination on this? Thanks!

Confused Flasher

Dear Confused Flasher - Here's some info on the Trace function.

Usage: Trace ("[Message]" & [Variable])
Parameters: Message - Any string. Can also be used to add meaning to the variable value being displayed.
Variable - The variable to be displayed for testing purposes.

Example uses: Testing a flash movie.

Description:
This a great tool and I wish I had learned this one before any other action. The time and effort I would have saved. This action enables you to output any variable or string for testing purposes into a special window during run time. This has no effect on the size of the movie and does not appear in your final movie.

Basic Example: Trace ("Now inside Loop")

Basic Example: Trace ("mouse is over button" & buttonnumber)

So what do you all think? Guy would you be willing to do this? It would make a great addition to the newsletter!!

Cheers!
Chuck

UpNorth
01-24-2001, 12:49 PM
top - please peeps!!!!!

:D:D:DChuck:D:D:D

UpNorth
01-24-2001, 10:51 PM
I guess nobody likes my idea. I feel small:(

Nik128
01-24-2001, 11:40 PM
Hey, that's a GREAT idea !!!! I think it's better for everyone to see an answer or suggestion from toughest flash masters like FlashGuru or Den, and other great FK crews, as you've already mentioned.

Otherwise, having people asking individually is fine too, but the ideas stay somewhere hidden in some thread.
Now it's time to find out what they think about this.

::::::::::::::::Post a thread in the Loungee and have a link to this thread, since I really haven't seen any Moderators here.

If I see FlashGuru or other great moderator in other thread, I'll try to give the link to this thread.
[Edited by Nik128 on 01-24-2001 at 10:47 PM]

Flashkit
01-25-2001, 03:43 AM
Yep, looks like fun, but it will be a while before it gets going as we have a few rather urgent issues to do with the site architecture to attend to first!

Nik128
01-27-2001, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Flashkit
Yep, looks like fun, but it will be a while before it gets going as we have a few rather urgent issues to do with the site architecture to attend to first!
Yes, with all respect, I will not proceed further asking more moderators...:)

UpNorth
02-03-2001, 12:19 PM