PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : holy @%#$

[elvis]
07-18-2000, 04:01 PM
exported a lil' animation from SWIFT3D with 40 frames and iw15 rotating down. 654K! man, that's a BIG filesize. i was wondering if my connection was Ok. but when i saw the filesize...oh man...anyone had the same trouble.

i'm onna go in flash, and select multiple frames and resize that [expletive] to a minimum. that is completely incredible. just 4 letters rotating and more than half a meg. that's like a site on its own...
[Edited by Pope de Flash on 07-19-2000 at 03:52 PM]

shiro
07-18-2000, 04:11 PM
I had the same problem!!

shiro

Vince
07-19-2000, 09:05 AM
hahahaha... it's about the number of Polygons... certain fonts will end up giving you crazy mad file sizes... not to mention if you bevel it on both sides and then render it in mesh shading.

Try changing the font, or turn off the bevels, or use area or flat shading...

BTW, welcome to 3D in Flash... hahahahahaha

Rock On,
Vince

gooch
07-19-2000, 12:44 PM
Moderation is the key with 3D to flash. Try to keep poly count low. render objects that dont move separatley and import as stills. try not to move your camera cuz that will change the perspective on everything. The thing that wuld change everything, and idon't know if its possible or not, is if somehow polys could be tweened frame instead of each frame having a new poly. If this was to happen there'd be nothing to stop 3d. Oh yeah it would also be dope if Max could render the math for curves somehow so they didn't get broken into polys. I hope and pray that maybe some sort of coopertation is happening between macromedia or e-rain and 3d companies like autodesk or Newtek. If there was a 3D product that was not designed from the ground up to render to bitmaps........

jk

Steve Zytariuk
07-21-2000, 08:55 AM
Let's keep it simple guys. . . when it comes to 3D Modeling the file sizes will always be insane if you want a SHARP image.

zbailey
07-22-2000, 01:21 AM
I finnaly figured out the polygon/big file size problem thanks.
BTW Steve when r u going to become a moderator?

Steve Zytariuk
07-22-2000, 04:30 PM
I have no idea man. Im just here because i need help to! I have had a few blow up's with certain moderators, so i really don't know. Im happy right where i am :D