PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Video to Vector Art

Decameron
01-29-2001, 10:39 PM
Was hoping someone could help point me in the right direction for getting the cool video effects I've seen of people in a sort of "streamlined" motion. An example can be found at http://www.hillmancurtis.com/site2/webmotion01.html then click on "The Feed Room" Portfolio piece. Does anyone know of any software programs that will convert that kind of "high-contrast" video to vector art for use in Flash?

Thanks in Advanced

aversion
01-30-2001, 04:45 AM
adobe premiere wil export frames of video as jpegs, then you can trace the jpegs in a suitable app, flash is actually best at this imho but you can try illustrator too.

the best way to do it is to reduce the colours and up the contrast.. you can end up with vectors that are bigger than your jpegs, it's usually a process of trial and error.

good luck!

rohit
01-31-2001, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Decameron
Was hoping someone could help point me in the right direction for getting the cool video effects I've seen of people in a sort of "streamlined" motion. An example can be found at http://www.hillmancurtis.com/site2/webmotion01.html then click on "The Feed Room" Portfolio piece. Does anyone know of any software programs that will convert that kind of "high-contrast" video to vector art for use in Flash?

Thanks in Advanced

Get Corel R.A.V.E. Import avi & export to swf & now you are ready to import swf in flash Have fun!

allcode
02-03-2001, 03:26 PM
If you are on a budget, try using MGI VideoWave. I use it to scrub straight from my miniDV camcorder, and it exports sequential images in just about any format you want.

After the export is done, it is a simple (but sometimes time consuming) matter of tracing the images to vector.

And it's a lot cheaper than Premiere. ($99 < $999) I use both, but the results are the same for this kind of application.
Mike.

studio249
02-04-2001, 12:15 AM
Hillman Curtis deconstructs this technique in his book.
If I remember correctly, he shoots his own video and
uses premiere and traces in flash. I think its a frame by frame animation, and he chooses the frames with care...In any case, you might want to browse the section. I bought the book, to be inspired by the thought processes, creative standards as well as the techniques.