PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Should I learn XML ?

sryder
02-02-2001, 06:21 PM
Just as the subject says:

Should I learn XML ? There are numerous books out on the subject and having a look at them seems that it may be beneficial to sit down and learn. Curious if anybody knows of any good sites to learn it ? The future with XML / Flash seems bright so perhaps it would be good to know.... ;)

mackmunch
02-02-2001, 07:02 PM
Yes.

Webmonkey.com is always good.

mg33
02-02-2001, 07:34 PM
From my standpoint, if you want to work at a job where it's going to be used, then it's probably wise to learn in.

It's definatly the way things are going with database interaction and such. I must hear those letters 100 times or more at work every day-our software's database interaction uses XML.

For simple things like personal flash sites or web sites, I don't really see a need for it.

It's probably a good skill to have if looking for a job that would involve it. That's where I would rank it.

Hope that makes sense. Hopefully we can get a few responses from people using it.
What I'm kind of trying to say is there should pretty much be a point to wanting to learn it, rather than just "learning it for no reason."

mg33

roguenroll
02-03-2001, 03:10 AM
check my footer for XML links, 'script' page.

Not many, but a start.

Rogue

DJ_SFinKz
02-03-2001, 05:49 AM
Yeah, it may be a good idea to learn.