PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : The Future of Rich Advertising. . . or What?

Ed O'Connell
02-05-2001, 03:51 AM
Has anyone seens ads like the ones on this page from C|Net: http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-4684177.html ? I can't be sure which ad you'll see if you follow the link; they seem to refresh every ten minutes or so. Anyway, they don't, upon my inspection (my Flash experience is limited to making Ecards for record labels), seem to involve Flash at all, but they are *very* slick, imho. Mess around with them and you'll see they behave very much like a lot of early Flash sites, though the fact that they don't "break" the web, a la Jakob Neilson's complaint, must make them very appealing to web usablity freaks, which I admit I am, just because. I don't know DHMTL very well, beyond an elementary appreciation for it's basic architecture. I wonder if anyone might care to pop by that link and check out the ad, and the source(s) that go with it. Really I am just looking for a kind of "How do you think this was done?" sort of response, and I post this to Flashkit not because I think Flash is involved (though I may just be naive) but because I think Flash is conspicuously absent. Will the development of things like DHTML and SVG cause Flash to wither on the vine? What is going on?

Juztyn
02-06-2001, 12:17 PM
My guess is it was done in flash, cause when you right click on the ad it says "Macromedia Flash 5" which *may* be a little bit of a giveaway.

dstewart21
02-06-2001, 02:34 PM
That is indeed Flash.

And no, I don't see DHTML, SVG and the like over-taking Flash in the foreseeable future. Flash technology, coupled with all the talent that uses Flash, will continue to be the cutting edge technology well into the future. I'm sure most in the sector would agree.

regards,

dstewart