PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!

yeffer
02-08-2001, 03:42 PM
When are you going to speed things up? You've probably heard this before, but you guys are SSSLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, again. I'm also not getting notification of replies to my posts.

cheers

yeffer, patiently tapping his feet.

thewiz1972
02-08-2001, 05:15 PM
This question has been asked many times before, but no satisfactory answer has been forthcoming. Personally, I would want people to know what's going on before they give up on the site altogether. The help forums are a joke now because no one has the patience to wait five minutes for the reply form to load and then another five minutes to see their reply.

What's the deal? All I want is a straight answer.:(

flea
02-08-2001, 09:02 PM
The answer is so simple guys.

The reason that the forums are so slow is because there are so many members. Think about it. FK needs to (and plans to) do some major up grading. Be patient this place is free, don't ever forget that.

Plus, if you go on at peak times during the day you are going to experience lag. 7:00 pm EST is a great time to go on. There is barely NO lag at all.

Rog
02-09-2001, 09:40 AM
Actually there are answers, within the Flashkit 2.0 thread:
http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=93951

After my own post to complain about the dog-slowness of the forums, I read that thread and then slapped my forehead wondering why I hadn't read it first-- well it wasn't exactly called the "We're working on fixing the horrific slow forums" thread". :)

Personally I think they should just zip up the forums for retrieving the archives later and in the meantime delete anything from the forums older than a few weeks. What good are archives when it starts to become so unusable?