PDA

Click to See Complete Forum and Search --> : [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

jydnas
07-21-2000, 05:47 PM
I am interested in doing character animation so my question is "what do i need to get started"?

Regards...

Jeff

Akane
07-21-2000, 05:53 PM
i think the best is to learn to draw =) of course !

i am preparing a tutorial and CNO is doing same thing, on flashkit soon.

first, you can take anime picts and try to redraw it first, or even try to make very simple carcaters and animate them.

a very good method, if you have adobe premeire, is to extract several picts from a anime avi/mpg/mov file, and observe how did the animators to create the motions. it is not that difficult when you watch it very slow !

shockanime
07-21-2000, 06:05 PM
I agree. Also if you going to import your drawing from something you've drawn on paper it would probably best to have an art program like photoshop, paint shop pro, corel ,etc., and scan the image in (line art) in black white only. A good sound program or sound recorder will be needed to give your characters life and voices. Sound Forge (http://www.sonicfoundry.com/PRODUCTS/newshowproduct.asp?PID=5) is highly recommended.

Akane
07-21-2000, 06:07 PM
i agree with shockanime, but i think jydnas knows well and has SoundForge =)

shockanime
07-21-2000, 06:13 PM
LOL! I guess I should have look at the the signature closer.

jydnas
07-21-2000, 06:52 PM
So i should draw the pictures,(black and White)
Then scan them.
Then use PhotoShop to do the color.

Ok that works for me.

Also do you two have some links i could check out?

Or a simple animation you could send me...

Thanks

Flashkit
07-21-2000, 07:06 PM
I would advise using Flash to color and shade the drawings.
I'd scan them in as lines, convert to vector, using streamline or flash, then fill within flash, this will give much smaller file sizes for animations... in fact I am going to have a go tonight!

Akane
07-21-2000, 07:50 PM
yes ! better want to color with flash, or maybe freehand or illustrator.
just import black and white scans into flash, then "trace bitmap" or redraw on a second layer if you have a tablet.

shockanime
07-21-2000, 08:07 PM
Right. That's what I forgot to mentioned "Color in flash"

Then edit your image(s)
Color them in flash :)
Check the file size

a good example of this http://www.noogy.com/noogy/intro.html
The animation is Great but the file size is a little heavy (420kb) for 48 seconds and no sound.
[Edited by shockanime on 07-21-2000 at 08:11 PM]

Scills
07-21-2000, 08:46 PM
I'm pretty sure Mark is going to add another section in the Open Source movies for Anime. Hope this helps.

Stay tuned.

jydnas
07-22-2000, 03:50 PM
Thats cool i would rather use Flash to do colors anyway.
It just makes more sense because i will be doing the animation in flash, so why not just do it all in flash.

Sounds good.
Thanks for all the help.
If you have anything else you want to add just reply.:)

Jeff

jydnas
07-22-2000, 04:06 PM
Oh and thanks shockanime
That site noogy.com is just what i am looking for.

armadillo88
07-22-2000, 05:18 PM
wow that was cool. i liked that intro alot.

shockanime
07-23-2000, 05:10 AM
That intro is what I'm pushing myself to do, and now that Mark has this new flashkit-anime coming along, That will only raise the bar for flash animated cartoons :):):):)

I guess this is only the beginning...

Naldoman
07-23-2000, 02:22 PM
After doing a Trace Bitmap, you may want to do MODIFY-->>OPTIMIZE-->>CURVES. This will reduce the number of vector points in your art, saving lots of file size. It's great for getting rid of those little 'kinks' in a line.

Be aware, that it will also make your art look more squarish or blocky to some extent. Use the slider bar when you optimize to adjust how much you want to apply the effect. Just a little bit can make a startling difference.

Afterwards, use your pointer tool to go in and bend some of the curves out again so they look smoother.

End result---a very clean looking graphic. One of the tougher lessons of animation is keeping your drawings fairly simple. This makes it easier to make modifications on them as you animate.

Learn to build your sketches in layers. 1. Body 2. Head 3. Face 4. Hair 5. Accessories 6. Highlights

You can animate each layer separately for varied effects.

armadillo88
07-23-2000, 09:35 PM
hmm. this really really doesnt work for me. my problem is i draw pictures with a sketchy touch to it. its my style. so my pic has lots of little extra lines and stuff that cant be erased cause well they add to the touch. so whenever i import the pic and trace bitmap it gets majorly screwed over and it converts it into lots and lots of tiny fragments of lines and each a diffrent shade of gray. it disfigures the pic a lot. im wonderin if theres another wy to do this cause i really really cant change my style of drawing. i try so hard but well i just cant get one perfect line. i gotta go over it a couple times an then it looks good.

shockanime
07-24-2000, 06:19 AM
Your image needs to be inked and sorta clean for this to work.
To get rid of the grey in you art, You must set your scanner to scan black and white only.
No color. Well, Since I have a little time to kill I guess I can show you how I do it.

This is my 5 minute sketch in ink,
http://www.geocities.com/shockanime/flashkit.gif.

I scanned it in at 300dpi black and white only.
Note : When the image is scan big you better results.

Next I import it into flash and resize so that it fit my window.
Then I choose Modify-->> Trace Bitmap-->>

Color Threshold 2
Minimum Area 10
Curve Fit Tight or Normal
Corner Threshold Normal

Next I select all the lines and click the smooth button.
This is what I get:
http://www.geocities.com/shockanime/inks.swf.

After that, I delete all the inbetween white spaces.

Finally its the fun part. Adding color. This is what I get.
http://www.geocities.com/shockanime/color.swf.

That's how I do it. If you want to try it using my bitmap then
Click here to Get my bitmap (http://www.geocities.com/shockanime/inks.gif).
Just save it to your desktop and follow what I just explain above.

Good Luck :):):):):):)

This Quick Tutorial has been brought to you by ShockAnime!

[Edited by shockanime on 07-24-2000 at 06:35 AM]

Akane
07-24-2000, 06:23 AM
yay good job shockanime
hope you'll make some tutorials !

shockanime
07-24-2000, 07:04 AM
Thanks. I would have done that as a tutorial for anime section but I think someone has submitted something similar already in the other tutorial sections. But I could be wrong. Oh well, I guess if Flash kit wants it, they'll tell me. :)

Okay I gotta get back to work. :)
Another week No sleep.

armadillo88
07-24-2000, 08:50 AM
holy son of a mother lover........ that is really really really really amazing. your really good. [jaw drops and drools] wow i need lots of practice i see. hmm. time to hit the drawing boards.

jydnas
07-24-2000, 11:58 AM
WOW!!!! that is so cool...

jydnas
07-24-2000, 12:02 PM
shockanime how would you make her eyes blink and her hair move a little from a light breeze?

I hope you reply i really want to know:)

CNO
07-24-2000, 12:23 PM
Nice, Shock.
You may also want to include in your tutorial the methods of using Photoshop/Fireworks to adjust levels/brightness/contrast to get a grayscale image into a useable bitmap suitable for tracing (or to bump up the contrast in a color image to make it ready to posterize, for that matter).

shockanime
07-24-2000, 01:30 PM
I can show the blink,
http://www.geocities.com/shockanime/blink.swf.

But I'll have to show you the moving hair later.

To create blink :
I first Change the image to a Movie clip.
Then I open the movie clip for editing.
Since the animation was set at 12fps I add 59 frames.
Next I lock the layer the character is on and add a layer above it.
I use the pen and paintbrush tool to add the blink on last6 frames of the top layer.

I don't know if this is confusing anyone, So I guess to make things a little more clear.
Just Download the Fla file (http://www.geocities.com/shockanime/flashkit-girl.zip) and open the movie clip to see what I trying to explain.
Press right click, save target as, to download.

Sorry, I'm just really sleepy, I'm trying to finish my webmovie, and I just realize that
there are only 24 hours in a day (All I need is 8 more hours). But it makes me happy that
everyone is so eager learn. :):). You guys are great.

CNO I don't use photoshop or fireworks to adjust the levels/contrast/etc
because when I use the scanner, I set it to black and white scan only.
I use a non-photo blue pencil to do the layout of the drawing.
For some reason when do use the adjust levels etc., and import it flash
I get unwanted grey areas near the black lines. Only time I use it is when
I color with those programs.

But I'm glad you mention it. How do import images in flash CNO?
I notice you're pretty talented yourself. :):)

Note: I'm going into a small coma for about 10hours due to Lack of sleep.
But I'll be back. By the way I hope this stuff helps you all.
Good Luck

Naldoman
07-24-2000, 02:09 PM
Great instructions and samples!

You rock, Shock!

armadillo88
07-24-2000, 08:24 PM
amZING. now i know how the blink effect works. swwet. im on my way to big stuff now. if i can get my things to import nicley...... crappy stuff give me gray all over. ill figure it out. i dont usually ink my pics so its probably i need to work on my inking.

crankbunny
07-24-2000, 10:16 PM
ahhh a flash anime section!

this is very nice to see. alot of my work/site is influenced by manga/anime (more of the obscure wierd stuff like hideshi hino)drawings n ideas.(but i still love a candy flik like ranma1/2). but this section/post/thread here in flashkit is very nice. if you want to see lots of blinking and hair moving check out two of my links

http://www.crankbunny.com/level11/level11.htm

and

http://www.crankbunny.com/level5/level5.htm

anime hair flowing just kills me.
yau'll tremendous,
-crankbunny

armadillo88
07-24-2000, 10:24 PM
hhehe . ecchi. very funny. nice hair movement. face lil messed up. the flash was getting messed up.

jydnas
07-24-2000, 11:17 PM
That is really cool Thank again.

Ever heard of "Aeon Flux"?
Or how about the classic "Heavy Metal"?
I think that style is cool.
As matter of fact any style is cool with me.

http://www.aeonflux.org/aeonflux.html
http://www.heavy-metal.net/index.epl?been_here=1

armadillo88
07-25-2000, 07:00 AM
ive finally found whats wrong with the flashkit girl. i understand that this was done in 5 min. but i still bothered me. the body is a bit unproportionit. one tits up and the others down. still a good pic though. i just had to get that off my mind. bothered me.

shockanime
07-25-2000, 10:02 AM
Whoa you're right! It must be..
http://www.geocities.com/shockanime/badbra.swf.
..A Bad Wonderbra. Oh well, Back to work.

armadillo88
07-25-2000, 10:17 AM
lolololol oh man my sides are splitting. thats hilarous. never thought of that. great man. very great.

damadprofessor
07-25-2000, 10:48 AM
just thought i'd pop my head in here for a quick see into the flash anime world..
and Shock 'Quickdraw' Anime and the rest of you guys are all awesome..thanks for the links and the laughs....

Flash ON!

-damadprofessor

Akane
07-25-2000, 11:00 AM
welcome here damadprofessor =), hope you'llbe back soon.

Shockanime : lol, your pict is coool. Hope you'll animate her :D (i love the blue haired girls)

happy
07-25-2000, 11:08 AM
that is soooooo cool

i wish i could do that...........

happy
07-25-2000, 11:10 AM
draw like that.. not wear a bra........well actually.......

Naldoman
07-25-2000, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by armadillo88:
my problem is i draw pictures with a sketchy touch to it. its my style. so my pic has lots of little extra lines and stuff that cant be erased cause well they add to the touch. im wonderin if theres another wy to do this

I'm wonderin' if you imported your sketch, then added a new layer to trace over it with the pencil tool. When you're finished, select all of it and convert the line to the broken line [ ---.--.-.---.---.-.-] and maybe that will give the FLASH rendering more of a sketchy look.

Then again, it'll make coloring a nightmare, sigh.

Naldoman
07-25-2000, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by happy
draw like that.. not wear a bra........well actually.......

Zeta loves you, anyway...

http://pages.prodigy.net/rwarnold/sketches/zeta_lu.gif

armadillo88
07-25-2000, 12:22 PM
http://board.flashkit.com/board/

okay i inked my picture. looks a lil weird cause i like the sketchy touch. but i really am not good in the importing it in flash. mabye someone can help me to color her in flash and make her look cool. then i can do the rest from there.

shockanime
07-25-2000, 07:41 PM
Well I guess CNO was right about adding the adjust contrast
in my tutorials. Okay here goes.....

Armadillo Your Art need to be clean and white.
Your ink work was good, but I think you may have made some error
when you scanned it in. The image appears to be grey and black instead of
Black and white. Not to worry, if this happens just use an art
program (I used Paint shop pro 5 for this) and adjust the lightness
as bright as possible. Then use the histogram functions to equalize
the art and lines. After you do that you should get this:
http://www.geocities.com/shockanime/tsunami.jpg

Then save it as a bitmap not gif or jpg also just a reminder,
Make sure when you scan the image, scan it large. That way it keeps
all the detail in your art once you import it to flash.

Click Here to get the bitmap I use. (http://www.geocities.com/shockanime/tsunami.zip)
Just right click, save target as, to download.

I imported it into flash and Then I colored it. :)
http://www.geocities.com/shockanime/tsunami.swf.

When I saw your drawing this is what I saw.
These are the colors I saw. You have to train you eyes
to see color even when there is none there. Only then
will you become a true Shaolin colorist.
Opps, too many Jet Li movies in my head.:)

Your art can be only as cool as you make it.

Hope this helps you.
Okay, I gotta get Back to work.

[Edited by shockanime on 07-25-2000 at 07:52 PM]

Naldoman
07-25-2000, 08:22 PM
Shock, you are a master of Tai Chi FLASH. Luved the movie on your site --- the music and style brought to mind the animated City Hunter (I, II, III?) opening credits.

Armadillo88, let the colors flow through you...and dodge those trucks on the road.

fluxxy
07-25-2000, 09:28 PM
man, you are the coolest, more lessons please!! on the drawing side for me mostly =)
[Edited by fluxxy on 07-25-2000 at 09:33 PM]

armadillo88
07-25-2000, 10:04 PM
oh no! its all wrong! im not saying that its bad. the colors are all wrong. does not anyone know who this is?! this is the great tsunami of tenchi muyo!!!! she has blue hair! she has a dark blue kimona! ahhhhh. still its good. the colors look wrong though since i know what it really looks like. but still thanks alot shock. i always had that problem with my scanner ginving me gray. now i know how to fix it. thanx alot man! yah! how did you fix up the lining though? make it so that it doesnt have gaps and that it isnt all over the place. ?

armadillo88
07-25-2000, 10:25 PM
just one more thing too. i understand you are very good. but how did you do the shading and glare on the hair?

shockanime
07-25-2000, 11:54 PM
I don't think I've seen Tenchi Muyo
before. Waitaminute...

Is this Tsunami?
http://www.geocities.com/shockanime/tsunami2.swf.

:):):)

How did I do the shading and glare on the hair?

hmmmm.....
Well I have to add that to my list
of tutorials to do.

Read Carefully. This is for coloring in general.

I use the pen tool to guide me and the fill tools to color with.
I don't use the paint brush unless I'm editing . Once I draw the guide
lines (with the pen tool 0.5) to where color goes, I then fill it in with the fill tools.
Sometimes I may have to adjust the fills to close large or medium gaps to avoid the color
leaking all over the place. After that I remove all the guide lines I made with the pen tool.
And that it.

Makes sense?

Got Milk?
Cookie Crisp taste better with Milk. Sometimes.
Oh, well now back to scene 33...

shockanime
07-26-2000, 12:02 AM
Wait, That's not Tsunami, that's Ayeka.

All I have are these posters, Of Tenchi characters.
I'm guessing the names.
There is No is need for Tenchi at this Forum. :)

armadillo88
07-26-2000, 07:54 AM
lol. tenchi means heaven and earth and muyo means no need for. but tenchi muyo is translated as no need for tenchi and tenhci is takin as a name. i worship tenchi muyo. my pic is tsunami. the only thing that is diffrent about her is she is missing two dots from her forhead and one stray strand hair from the other ear. its tsunami. no one can know more about tenchi muyo thatn me on this board
[Edited by armadillo88 on 07-26-2000 at 08:42 AM]

armadillo88
07-26-2000, 07:57 AM
very nice pic of ayeka.

damadprofessor
07-26-2000, 09:20 AM
....i always had that problem with my scanner ginving me gray. now i know how to fix it...
----------------------------

Hey Arm', you may try one thing to shorten or even eliminate your whole grey/black/white scanning issue....

i had a similar problem when i started scanning.
Check to see if your scanner software has a 'calibration' tool. you'll need a blank piece of white paper for this.
What it does is adjusts/resets the scanning 'brightness' levels.

This may or may not help at all, but i hope it does
-damadprofessor

mgason
07-26-2000, 05:21 PM
Hi armadillo,
Although there are many ways to clean up a scan by adjusting brightness contrast etc in a graphics program, the best thing is just to scan it right the first time.

seems from reading this thread you need to find the right setting in your scanner driver. You dont want "black and white" in the sense of "greyscale" meaning no colors but 256 shades of grey, which is obviously what you scanned in.

You want "black and white" as in only 2 colors. Try looking for options like "2 BIT COLOR" or "LINEART" in your driver when scanning, they would normally be on a list with stuff like "8 bit color", "12 bit color", "true color" "256 scale black and white" (which is what you have scnned in by the look of things).

It would be really nice if all scanners used the same terms but they dont.

mark

armadillo88
07-26-2000, 07:07 PM
thanx alot people. yes both things worked acutally. thanx to both of ya! i recalibrated it and set my color down to black and white. it scans pretty good now. anyone can teach me how to use photoshop 5? i have it but have no idea how to use it. also one more thing. shock can you give me the fla for the pic you did? the otehr one you had was wrong. it had the flashkit grl in there. and thanx again.

shockanime
07-26-2000, 10:43 PM
Click Here to get the bitmap I use. (http://www.geocities.com/shockanime/tsunami.zip)
Just right click, save target as, to download.

Hey Once you get A new pic done, post it here in color and in flash. I want to see if you learn anything.
:):):):):):)

armadillo88
07-26-2000, 10:55 PM
heheh. yes sensai. i will return victorious. i will not fail you. you will not be dissapointed master shock. u have taught us well. we small creatures are not worthy of your knowledge but you can count on us. we will train hard from day to night sensai.

shockanime
07-27-2000, 03:08 AM
;) LOL

Naldoman
07-27-2000, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by armadillo88
anyone can teach me how to use photoshop 5? i have it but have no idea how to use it.

:P Always it is what cannot be done!

:P Patience, young FLASHer, ready must you be for your DESTINY! A young student, overcome was he by the power of FLASH. Turned he did to the dark side. Frustration became anger. Anger turns to suf-fer-ing.

:P Let the FLASH within you flow. Feel the power. Release the emotion. Only then, become will you a FLASH master!

armadillo88
07-27-2000, 12:14 PM
yes. im beggingi to understand. i feel the flash flowing within me! the FLASH! ITS BLINDING! I FEEL IT! I AM INDESTRUCTIBLE! YAH! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Kraken
07-27-2000, 12:30 PM
Ah, the wisdom of master Yoda.

I can't learn Flash...it's just too big!
Size matters not! Judge me by my size do you?

Luminous Flashers are we, not this crude matter. The Flash flows through us, binds us, it is all around us. Between you and me, the tree, the rock, the flashkit.

heh,
Rich

armadillo88
07-27-2000, 03:30 PM
one thing naldo man. your post was enlighting. but it diodnt help me whatsoever with photoshop 5. mabye it helped me sort my philosophies of flash. but im still stumped on photoshop 5

Reen
07-28-2000, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by shockanime
Your image needs to be inked and sorta clean for this to work.
Click here to Get my bitmap (http://www.geocities.com/shockanime/inks.gif).
Just save it to your desktop and follow what I just explain above.

Good Luck :):):):):):)

This Quick Tutorial has been brought to you by ShockAnime!

[Edited by shockanime on 07-24-2000 at 06:35 AM]
wow shock youre great !!! you are relly cool dude ... can you tell me some hints for drawing ... cause im into coloring but i cant draw that well ... and im looking for someone who show me how to draw drop me a mail if oyu interesed thx :)

Savant
07-28-2000, 04:11 PM
Well, first I want to say that this has been a great thread! Lots of useful, informed tips and suggestions.

With all the talk of scanners flying about, I want to ask a question to all the illustrator types out there. Do any of you just skip the scanning process and just work directly with a graphics tablet?? Thoughts?? Criticisms?? Testimonials??

I also agree that starting with a good scan is best, but in the case that you do not, I have found the threshold command to be more useful then brightness/contrast when you are in needs of pure black & white. (I apologize if anyone already stated this. I read the posts a few days ago and am just now getting around to putting up a reply).

Naldoman
07-28-2000, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Savant
With all the talk of scanners flying about, I want to ask a question to all the illustrator types out there. Do any of you just skip the scanning process and just work directly with a graphics tablet??

I seem to be one of the lonely ones who draws direct in FLASH with a graphic tablet. FLASH can read pressure-sensitivity, so with a fast computer, it works pretty nice. I just like to get up and sketch, that's why my technique differs from most.

Also I don't have a scanner, (other than a 6-year old hand scanner that's not hooked up), and I'm too impatient to draw on paper, scan, clean up, import, then trace bitmap to get something I could have just drawn in the program to begin with.

I must agree with the others that using paper sketches is much easier in plotting character animations. I'm a cartoonist, so I tend to take shortcuts and just do my animations on the fly.

Shockanime's quick tutorial posts earlier in this threat are really on the mark!

Use what works best for you, and good luck!

Armadillo 88: The force is stronger between Photoshop and LiveMotion, but I found LiveMotion a real bear to use, so all I can say is: "Let the Wookie win!"

...or invest in a Photoshop 5 Bible (by Deke McClelland) or one of the other Photoshop guides. Ain't nuthin' to it, but to do it.

armadillo88
07-28-2000, 09:03 PM
uh no thanx. ill just find a tutorial online. theres bound to be one. hehehe.

Flashkit
08-01-2000, 02:35 AM
What can I say Shockanime... your talents are impressive!
Still looking forward to that cool header :)

Keep up the awesome and really helpful stuff, you are getting me into anime as well!!!!

shockanime
08-01-2000, 09:23 AM
Still Finishing up my web movie, Fight scenes in flash,
I never thought I could pull it off,.. until now. :):)

Mark I got a header and intro planned...

fierystars
08-01-2000, 09:27 AM
jus out of curiosity...how many hours a day do u spend drawing?

Reen
08-01-2000, 09:33 AM
yepp I wanna know to

and shock what do you think of this ...
http://www.geocities.com/yokibaer/bademotions.jpg

armadillo88
08-01-2000, 07:58 PM
hmm. looks good. looks like water colors though. might wanna add a head to it though. :D look master shock. reen has returned victorous from battle with the head of her enemy. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

shockanime
08-01-2000, 09:09 PM
16 hours a day monday thru friday,
saturday and sunday about 7 hours a day

Since I draw so much it's pretty much second nature.
But animating is a different level of drawing.
The characters sizes, heights, weight, speed, the
way they walk, and look it all must stay consistent.

The reason I have so much time to draw is because
about a month ago when I launch my site to the
public, I made enough money from my banner
and ecards to quit my day job and do this full time.

But....
Due to the fact I have a girlfriend I'm required
to go out with her at least twice a week to keep
her. :)
She understanding, since she seen my first check...

:)

Reen, That looks great! Do you use photoshop for that
blur like effect?

fierystars
08-01-2000, 09:13 PM
lol :)

i wish i has as much time to draw as you...i'll be very happy if i can have at least an hour to draw a day...:( maybe two hours on the weekend...but i'll have an excuse to draw more for my website...:D mom approves of web related stuff :D

shockanime
08-01-2000, 09:27 PM
Whoa, Be careful what you wish for..

I said almost the same thing a while ago. Now its
my only means of income, Drawing night and day everyday.
Sound like a nightmare until you see your creations on
your screen running around fighting each other, cutting
heads off blood flying every where, opps I ruining my
story.

The thing is , I'm addicted. I draw everywhere. At home,
in the car, in the kitchen, in the bathroom, at school,
while I'm sleep, while I'm eating, hell I'm even drawing
in dreams. I can't stop. It like some kind of drug.

I've called 1-800 numbers and everything to stop drawing,
I even called 1-800 Stop Art , they said I had the wrong
number. Damn them! So I guess I'll be drawing forever.

Which isn't all that bad since I'm making money doing it.
I would do it for free if there wasn't a such thing as bills.

Besides If stop, God may take this talent away.

So like I said becareful what you wish for.

armadillo88
08-01-2000, 09:53 PM
wow. an amazing story master shock. i will take heed of this lesson and choose my words carfully. thank you master shock. *bows* you are a respected person in my vision. (first, the legendary mark :D)

Reen
08-02-2000, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by shockanime

But....
Due to the fact I have a girlfriend I'm required
to go out with her at least twice a week to keep
her. :)
She understanding, since she seen my first check...
:)
Reen, That looks great! Do you use photoshop for that
blur like effect?

thx shock :)
yes i first drew the face on paper scaned it redraw some lines and than add the blur effect so it looks more smoother
than the original :)

fierystars
08-02-2000, 12:11 PM
ur footer is really good...:D it looks mad tho...hopefully not at me :)

armadillo88
08-02-2000, 09:14 PM
kinda looks like akumas eyes. kinda very good

Reen
08-03-2000, 04:26 AM
thx :)
not at you firey never :p
the eyes are not akumas ... I loved Wondermans eyes (the old one) and i thought i would be cool if my eyes would looked pissed and have that special thing in it :)

armadillo88
08-03-2000, 08:57 AM
still. the font and color help to make it akumas eyes. i dont care what you say. it is akuma. nanananananananananan. BLPH! KAIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reen
08-03-2000, 09:10 AM
hmm I am just thinking about starting an argument but no .. not with 4 person in one :)

and its not akuma !!!!
it maybe bison but not akuma

armadillo88
08-03-2000, 09:31 AM
bison would have psychodelic colors. akuma is just plain insane and crazy. HE DA MAN! who wrote that. i didnt. shut up. make me. both of you stop fighting ! screw you too\! dont make me get in there and pound you. nanananananananna. thats it im coming in. OW OOF! crap that hurt. DIE! alright all threee of you i have a flame torch and im not afraid to use it............... HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!!!

Reen
08-03-2000, 09:38 AM
youre great animal :) !!! for sure you are DA MAN no bison or akuma or even Gallileo had chance beating you in illness :p

armadillo88
08-03-2000, 09:50 AM
i know. and thats the scary part....... theyre fake and im real.... no they arent. yes they are! will you 2 stop fighting for godsake!? NEVER! KAIIIII!!!!!!! WILL YOU STOP SAYING THAT! EAT ROCKETS!!!!!! PLOOOOOMF! GET IT OUTTA HIS MOUTH OR WWE"LL ALL DIE! who cares! WE BOTH DO! i dont. me too. I thought you were with me! "uumf ummmf" i thinks hes trying to say something. naaaaaaaaaa. KABOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!

Reen
08-03-2000, 10:09 AM
ok can somebody please call a doctor ... or set a limit of post to animal :) twenty must be enough for him makes five for each personality he has :)
buy the way ... hasanyone a plane how i can convert my scanned drawings to vecor graphics ???

armadillo88
08-03-2000, 11:18 AM
ummm i tried that....... didnt work.....

fierystars
08-03-2000, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Reen
hasanyone a plane how i can convert my scanned drawings to vecor graphics ???

u can trace bitmap in flash, or dump it into illustrator and also turn it into a vector graphic...note: i've always found that if i use color before scanning, the vector form of it is really messed up...black and white works well :)

armadillo88
08-03-2000, 01:33 PM
you have summoned the beast inside hasan. my name is hasanyone. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH! i will annhilate the world. i am the inner animal that controls all aspects of hasan's life. i am the one. i am alpha and omega. the begging and the end. i am the greatest. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

Reen
08-04-2000, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by fierystars

u can trace bitmap in flash, or dump it into illustrator and also turn it into a vector graphic...note: i've always found that if i use color before scanning, the vector form of it is really messed up...black and white works well :)

thx fiery .. but how can i trace a bitmap in flash ????
only in illustrator or is it possible in fireworks ?? i do all my scannings in black and white ... almost all :)
but any way
thank you fiery .

and animal i thought that you would love it :) !!

ekvall
08-04-2000, 08:02 AM
I just wonder.. I have done a litlle anime... shortversion ... how do I show it for ya all?? I dont have any webspace??? Its about 300 kb!

Akane
08-04-2000, 08:49 AM
you have no web space ??? :(

well, you can send it to me by mail, just take care to add your name in your swf if ya want, and i'll put it on wone of my web space and give you the url path.

fierystars
08-04-2000, 08:59 AM

thx fiery .. but how can i trace a bitmap in flash ????
only in illustrator or is it possible in fireworks ?? i do all my scannings in black and white ... almost all :)
but any way
thank you fiery .

and animal i thought that you would love it :) !!

there's a trace bitmap thing in the modify menu in Flash. once u import, and the picture is selected, the trace bitmap thing will then be "un-grayed"...

ekvall
08-04-2000, 10:15 AM
.. thanx akane I have send ya an E-mail

ekvall
08-04-2000, 10:42 AM
http://www.intermult.net/andreas/solo2.jpg

ekvall
08-04-2000, 10:45 AM
sorry this is the link

http://www.intermult.net/andreas/cirkel/swing/norf/musik/solo/

Akane
08-04-2000, 01:40 PM
no pb

here is the url

http://mizuno.ctw.cc/strangereality.swf

it's very good, i like it !

ekvall
08-05-2000, 01:00 PM
oh .. thanx Akane ;) ... but the story... is a little bit strange hu ;) anyway thanx man !!

Electro Designs
08-09-2000, 10:49 AM
This is my version of ShockAnime's drawing, like it or hate it? A while ago I found a link to a site (I think it was on Virtual-FX) and it gave tips, hint, etc. on doing anime. I can't find it. If anyone knows of a site or a tutorial somewhere on the web, please e-mail me the link. Thanks!
http://xtech.dis.org.nz/Anime.swf

Reen
08-09-2000, 11:21 AM
wow akane weird is maybe the right thing to say to this story but its cool weird ;p I liked it !!

muze
12-21-2000, 01:20 AM
This is sooo, rad I simply adore it. I tried to download the Fla ani but the yahoo page says its not there its a error. Can you please send me a email someone anyone on where I can download something to make my image on my guestbook to my website http://www.angelfire.com/music/GRAMMYAWARDS2000 I would like to get the artist eye to wink or blink Please your help will be appreciated.

Peace, muze