A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: **** Swish 2.0 Alpha 6 BUG THREAD ****

(Hung-Hsin)- Tnx for the prompt reply & the fixes

[Edited by flash777 on 02-21-2001 at 01:54 AM]

Problem with Sprites.

I am having problems with a sprite, I have several objects that i am applying the same effect to a 3d effect,yet some of them have a motion path instead of a 3d. looking in the timeline it says 3d spin, and I can find no where in transformation that indicate a linear movement. It was all working fine until I converted to Sprite.

Heres the URL for the swi if it helps.
    http://www.polkmedia.com/Movie1.swi

Re: Problem with Sprites.

Originally posted by FATBRAIN
    I am having problems with a sprite, I have several objects that i am applying the same effect to a 3d effect,yet some of them have a motion path instead of a 3d. looking in the timeline it says 3d spin, and I can find no where in transformation that indicate a linear movement. It was all working fine until I converted to Sprite.

Sorry, thought that would work if you just right clicked and "saved target as". I must be missing something cause the file is uploaded. How am I supposed to send swi's.?

Got it!

Originally posted by flash777
    (Hung-Hsin)- Tnx for the prompt reply & the fixes

(dbd)- Hey Dawn...how can I contact you via e-mail?
    I've tried & tried & tried to modify my FK settings
    to plug-in an e-mail address but to no avail. If you
    would, please e-mail me: (hope it makes it past my spam filters :-) Tnx.
    Pull it off quick before they get you!!!
    Dawn
    Check your e-mail
    [Edited by dbd on 02-21-2001 at 02:24 AM]

Originally posted by dbd
    Hi Hung-Hsin,
    When you try to select a different Alpha value, the mouse almost always rolls over another color so you either have to reset the color or choose the color menu on the top right of the panel to change the Alpha value without changing the color. If the R G B and Alpha input boxes were moved below the palette (just above or below the MRU indicator) , this would probably not happen.
    Ok! I've changed the layout.

Hung-Hsin

Re: Re: Problem with Sprites.

Sorry, thought that would work if you just right clicked and "saved target as". I must be missing something cause the file is uploaded. How am I supposed to send swi's.?
    Please send the swi to hhchang@optushome.com.au

Thanks,

Hung-Hsin

File sizes

There seems to be a huge difference in file sizes shown in the status bar and file sizes "Windows Properties" shows.

I just sent you that swi in email and it was twice the size in outlook express as it was in the status bar in Alpha 6. I checked a movie that I thought was 22 kb and it shows 89kb under "properties"! This is a major problem for me.
    We need to figure out what is going on with that.

Bugs and Problems with Alpha 6

Hi Roger!
    Hi Hung!

I have some problems with SWiSH a6:

1st. I have a swi, maked with 1.52, with Slide In/Out efect with start alpha 30%. BUT option Unchainged alpha
    don't work. It's starts 30%, but finished in 100% Opaque!!!!

2nd. There is a screenshot with some UI problems (the same as with alpha 5):

http://free.bol.bg/meloman/SWiSH_a5.gif

a) TimeLine - There needs a microscope to see frames, keyfames, actions and efects!!! (No problem in alpha 3)
    b) Also I cannot see properly object buttons left to TimeLine

I have some recommendations:

1st. Add round corners

Bye.

Re: File sizes

There seems to be a huge difference in file sizes shown in the status bar and file sizes "Windows Properties" shows.

I just sent you that swi in email and it was twice the size in outlook express as it was in the status bar in Alpha 6. I checked a movie that I thought was 22 kb and it shows 89kb under "properties"! This is a major problem for me.
    Maybe thats swf size not swi size.......duhhh...! gettin all worked up fer nothin.

Adding FX to individual button states

Will it be possible to add individual FX to each button state? I can't seem to figure out how right now if it's even possible? What about grouping of separate objects and effects or sprites within each button state?

KUTGW!!!

Originally posted by Hung-Hsin Chang
    Originally posted by dbd
    Hi Hung-Hsin,
    When you try to select a different Alpha value, the mouse almost always rolls over another color so you either have to reset the color or choose the color menu on the top right of the panel to change the Alpha value without changing the color. If the R G B and Alpha input boxes were moved below the palette (just above or below the MRU indicator) , this would probably not happen.
    Ok! I've changed the layout.

Hung-Hsin
    Thanks Hung-Hsin...boy you are fast!
    Dawn

Importing Flash 4 Movie into Swish 2 A6

When I import a .swf file created by Swish into Swish 2 A6 as a sprite it works as is does in swish or in a browser.

When I import a .swf file created as a Flash 4 .swf file it does not import ALL of the objects properly, and it seems that it does NOT import the frames (missing or zero) as it should.

Should I be able to import a Flash 4 .swf file as a sprite and run it? It would be REAL NICE if this feature would work. That would allow us to import all the .fla and .swf objects on the Flashkit and other FLASH resource sites.

Thanks.

Hung-Hsin
    I'm not sure why but all of the sudden my sound sprite started working again.But the scene refresh is still a major concern it seems that while playing your movie if you try to go click on something that takes you to another scene seems to work however try to click on the link back to the last scene it wont change back for some reason.You have my .swi already which has the same problem and i've tripple checked on every angle to make sure it's not a mistake I may have made.And you can see for yourself on the actions i've put on them and they are only standard.

Re: File sizes

It's SWF file size not SWI.

Hung-Hsin

Re: Importing Flash 4 Movie into Swish 2 A6

Originally posted by timhitchcock
    When I import a .swf file created by Swish into Swish 2 A6 as a sprite it works as is does in swish or in a browser.

When I import a .swf file created as a Flash 4 .swf file it does not import ALL of the objects properly, and it seems that it does NOT import the frames (missing or zero) as it should.

Should I be able to import a Flash 4 .swf file as a sprite and run it? It would be REAL NICE if this feature would work. That would allow us to import all the .fla and .swf objects on the Flashkit and other FLASH resource sites.

Thanks.

Please send the swf created by Flash4 to hhchang@optushome.com.au

Thanks,

Hung-Hsin

Re: Adding FX to individual button states

Originally posted by spam.lover
    Will it be possible to add individual FX to each button state? I can't seem to figure out how right now if it's even possible? What about grouping of separate objects and effects or sprites within each button state?

KUTGW!!!
    You can insert a sprite into a button state and then add the objects and effects under the sprite.

Hung-Hsin

Not a bug, but a suggestion -

Include a freehand drawing tool in addition to the rectangle, oval, and bezier tools. KoolMoves has this and I love it... thats about the only thing I like about kool moves though...so if Swish 2.0 did this, I would have no need for KoolMoves!

When I draw a rectangle and use the reshape tool, it causes black distortions and black "slicing" of the image. Email me and I can provide a screenshot of it. I am using Win98se on a Dell PIII 700, 256mb RAM with a NVidia TNT2 M64 video card.

Originally posted by mmreed
    When I draw a rectangle and use the reshape tool, it causes black distortions and black "slicing" of the image. Email me and I can provide a screenshot of it. I am using Win98se on a Dell PIII 700, 256mb RAM with a NVidia TNT2 M64 video card.
    Please send both screenshot and the swi to hhchang@optushome.com.au

Thanks,

Hung-Hsin

Originally posted by Rykor
    Hung-Hsin
    I'm not sure why but all of the sudden my sound sprite started working again.But the scene refresh is still a major concern it seems that while playing your movie if you try to go click on something that takes you to another scene seems to work however try to click on the link back to the last scene it wont change back for some reason.You have my .swi already which has the same problem and i've tripple checked on every angle to make sure it's not a mistake I may have made.And you can see for yourself on the actions i've put on them and they are only standard.
    As i said those text objects in different scenes are at the same depth and SWF only allows one object at any given depth. In Swish, if a scene is not the last scene, the objects will be hidden automatically at the end of the scene. For jumping to a subsequent scene, because the process will go through the last frame of the scene, the objects will be hidden automatically. But for jumping to a prior scene, since the last frame of curren scene is skipped, you got to hide those objects manually.

Hung-Hsin