A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: **** Swish 2.0 Alpha 6 BUG THREAD ****

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hung-Hsin Chang
    As i said those text objects in different scenes are at the same depth and SWF only allows one object at any given depth. In Swish, if a scene is not the last scene, the objects will be hidden automatically at the end of the scene. For jumping to a subsequent scene, because the process will go through the last frame of the scene, the objects will be hidden automatically. But for jumping to a prior scene, since the last frame of curren scene is skipped, you got to hide those objects manually.
    So are trying to say that it will only work in an SWF form or something.I'm not to sure what you meant about depths.And so if I need to hide them manually how in the heck do u tell it to hide the object from (example) scene 3 on scene 2.It's odd to me that this only occurs with the sprite but everything else chages.And for some reason it not only doesn't automatically hide the object but it replaces the object from that scene which shouldn't happen.

Hi Hung-Hsin,
    Slide In from Left effect: does not work within a sprite. Works ok in main timeline only.
    Dawn

Originally posted by dbd
    Hi Hung-Hsin,
    Slide In from Left effect: does not work within a sprite. Works ok in main timeline only.
    Dawn
    See Hung-Hsin this is what I mean I ungouped the sprites and it worked fine so that means it had something to do with sprite object.

Originally posted by dbd
    Hi Hung-Hsin,
    Dawn
    It works fine for me. Could you send me the swi?

Thanks,

Hung-Hsin

Originally posted by dbd
    Hi Hung-Hsin,
    Dawn
    Wouldn't this be intentional? How does a sprite object reference itself in relation to the edges of the stage? For a slide in from ___, you need an absolute reference point on the stage, and a sprite object doesn't use the movie stage as it's frame of reference. If you were to tell a sprite object to slide in from left, the question would be, the left what?

It makes sense to me that you would have to do a slide in from left TO the sprite object from within the main timeline, and have the complete sprite object slide in from left. One possible workaround within the sprite would be to do a movement effect with a "jump left by __" as a start coordinate, then a "move right by ___" as and end. A sprite object could comprehend and execute that instruction relative to its absolute coordinates are on the stage, but then again, I don't know if that command even exists still in v2, I don't know if it's necessary...

Hope I'm making some kind of sense...

Will

Originally posted by Hung-Hsin Chang
    Originally posted by dbd
    Hi Hung-Hsin,
    Dawn
    It works fine for me. Could you send me the swi?

Thanks,

Hung-Hsin
    Hung-Hsin,
    This is actually a sprite within a sprite that the effect won't work with. Will e-mail the .swi.
    Thanks,
    Dawn

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rykor
    Originally posted by Hung-Hsin Chang
    As i said those text objects in different scenes are at the same depth and SWF only allows one object at any given depth. In Swish, if a scene is not the last scene, the objects will be hidden automatically at the end of the scene. For jumping to a subsequent scene, because the process will go through the last frame of the scene, the objects will be hidden automatically. But for jumping to a prior scene, since the last frame of curren scene is skipped, you got to hide those objects manually.
    So are trying to say that it will only work in an SWF form or something.I'm not to sure what you meant about depths.And so if I need to hide them manually how in the heck do u tell it to hide the object from (example) scene 3 on scene 2.It's odd to me that this only occurs with the sprite but everything else chages.And for some reason it not only doesn't automatically hide the object but it replaces the object from that scene which shouldn't happen.
    The depth is like layer in drawing program. I don't know why it only occurs with sprite objects. Maybe Flash player treats sprite objects in dfferent way. However i will send you a swi to show you how to hide those objects.

Hung-Hsin

Re: Bugs and Problems with Alpha 6

Originally posted by Stefan_Shterev
    Hi Roger!
    Hi Hung!

I have some problems with SWiSH a6:

<snip>

I have some recommendations:

1st. Add round corners

YES...YES...YES ROUNDED CORNERS!!!

Re: Re: Bugs and Problems with Alpha 6

Originally posted by flash777
    Originally posted by Stefan_Shterev
    Hi Roger!
    Hi Hung!

I have some problems with SWiSH a6:

<snip>

I have some recommendations:

1st. Add round corners

YES...YES...YES ROUNDED CORNERS!!!
    Done! It will be in the next release.

Hung-Hsin

Originally posted by flashopper
    Originally posted by dbd
    Hi Hung-Hsin,
    Dawn
    Wouldn't this be intentional? How does a sprite object reference itself in relation to the edges of the stage? For a slide in from ___, you need an absolute reference point on the stage, and a sprite object doesn't use the movie stage as it's frame of reference. If you were to tell a sprite object to slide in from left, the question would be, the left what?

It makes sense to me that you would have to do a slide in from left TO the sprite object from within the main timeline, and have the complete sprite object slide in from left. One possible workaround within the sprite would be to do a movement effect with a "jump left by __" as a start coordinate, then a "move right by ___" as and end. A sprite object could comprehend and execute that instruction relative to its absolute coordinates are on the stage, but then again, I don't know if that command even exists still in v2, I don't know if it's necessary...

Hope I'm making some kind of sense...

Will
    Yeah! It's a problem for using Slide in/out effect in a sprite. Since there is no frame size setting for a sprite, in the next release, the bounds rectangle(the smallest rectangle contains all objects) of the scene will be used as the reference frame.

Hung-Hsin

Choice Bro!
    Sorry, Not a bug but a request??

If you covert text to a shape you can skew & alter the shape of each indivual letter. Excellent!, However....
    Would it be possible to skew or 'distort' all the letters as a whole? In Freehand I believe it's called an envelope tool? This feature could add psuedo perspective FX.

Regards

Rich

SWiSHoldie

some Problems

Hi there.. somebaody has Answers?
    Curved Motion Question:
    I will paint a Pat (straight down, curved up) I will manipulate the curved Path.
    How can I realize this?
    The work of Motion path is not clear for me.
    How can I create a animation with a motion path.
    Can I create seperat a Motionpath and give a object access to the path?

Painting and Transforming
    I make a ellipse and the should be some transformed display. I will transform with reshapes. This change should be animated, but when
    I use the reshape and play, the form was not changed (at start deformed).
    What's wrong?

What are Anchors and how can I add this?

Import SWF
    I can't find the menu to import a swf. It's not possible?

Program:
    I use WIN 98 SE, 192 MB RAM, Pentium III Mobile Processor and when I opening more the 5 IE -Window or Outlook, I get the message "Out of Memory" and have so many crashes.

THX for Help

SWiSHoldie

some Problems

Hi There, thx for your help

Curved Motion Question:
    I will paint a Pat (straight down, curved up) I will manipulate the curved Path.
    How can I realize this?

I make a ellipse and the should be some transformed display. I will transform with reshapes. This change should be animated, but when
    What's wrong?

Import SWF

Program:
    I use WIN 98 SE, 192 MB RAM, Pentium III Mobile Processor and when I opening more the 5 IE -Window or Outlook, I get the message "Out of Memory" and have so many crashes.

THX for Help

Re: some Problems

Another request. More actions. I would really like to see more actions besides the basic actions that are included. In particular I would like to see dragging objects implemented, some of my favorite sites have small popups, usually text, that can be moved around to get them out of the way, then you can just close them at will. I think Dawns winning Swish entry had popups, imagine how great it would be to be able to move them around. Just put a startdrag on press and stopdrag on release. I dont think that would be near as hard as other stuff you have added like the new drawing tools.

If anyone else wants this speak up now as we are running out of time to make requests.

By the way what is "set label" under actions for?

<<YES...YES...YES ROUNDED CORNERS!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Done! It will be in the next release.

Hung-Hsin>>

Awesome! Thanks, Hung & Team!

Will

Hi there,

Swish 6 is looking great - tried to find the Swish guys in the Flashforward listings but they don't appear to be there.

My bug with Swish 6 is this :

Three scenes...a b and c. In scene C I created a sprite that had a few menu options - on pressing one of these options I wanted to specify goto frame 1 of scene a. However I couldn't type in the scene details as the availble scene listings continually came up blank..

good luck with the Swish and I can't wait until it's available...

Re: some Problems

Originally posted by Wildthinks

Curved Motion Question:
    How can I realize this?

What's wrong?

Import SWF
    1. Creating a motion path: Insert two or more "move" effects on an object. You'll see that if you reposition the object, the motion paths are now joined and will curve all over the place. It's very cool;

2. No, at this point, you can't create a separate path and place an object on it. However, you can draw the type of path you want, then do as many move effects as you need to create the path;

3. RE Shape transforming: Swish 2.0 doesn't yet do shape transforms. If you edit a shape at the end, it will show up at the beginning edited as well, as you yourself experienced. The Swish team has shape transforms on the wish list, though I don't know if it has been set for release in 2.0, we'll have to see;

4. Anchors: Indeed, what are they? I haven't heard about them. Did you see them somewhere in the Swish program? If so, anybody have any info on this?

5. Importing SWF: File --> Import --> Shape, choose file type .swf

Hope that helps

Best, Will

Re: Re: some Problems

Originally posted by FATBRAIN

In particular I would like to see dragging objects implemented, some of my favorite sites have small popups, usually text, that can be moved around to get them out of the way, then you can just close them at will...

If anyone else wants this speak up now as we are running out of time to make requests.

By the way what is "set label" under actions for?
    Yes, mouse follow would indeed be powerful, many people have mentioned it including myself, but I'm happy to do so again.

"Set Label" is to create a frame label, a very powerful feature. Say you have a section of your movie where a ball drops off a table, and you want the movie to go there on a mouse over. At the start of that section of animation you can set a frame label called "Ball Drop." Then on the mouse over, instead of going to frame number so and so, you can say "Goto Frame Label 'Ball Drop'" What this does is allows you to make whatever changes you want to to the timeline (add/delete frames) and it doesn't change the nature of that command -- it will always go to the frame labelled "Ball Drop" no matter where it resides on that timeline in that scene. So basically, frame labels do away with the need for you to renumber all your "goto frame" commands when you move things around in your scene.

Hope that helps

Best, Will

Originally posted by Ant Marvelling
    Hi there,

Swish 6 is looking great - tried to find the Swish guys in the Flashforward listings but they don't appear to be there.

My bug with Swish 6 is this :

Three scenes...a b and c. In scene C I created a sprite that had a few menu options - on pressing one of these options I wanted to specify goto frame 1 of scene a. However I couldn't type in the scene details as the availble scene listings continually came up blank..

good luck with the Swish and I can't wait until it's available...
    It's not a bug, but something I have mentioned a couple of times.They just havn't put that in yet and I'm not sure if they are going to.

Re: Re: some Problems

Originally posted by flashopper
    Originally posted by Wildthinks

4. Anchors: Indeed, what are they? I haven't heard about them. Did you see them somewhere in the Swish program? If so, anybody have any info on this?

Hope that helps

Best, Will
    An anchor is an on-curve control point used by reshaping tool. To insert an anchor, you need to right click on an edge and select 'Insert Anchor' in the pop-up menu. To remove an anchor, you right click on the anchor and select 'Remove Anchor' instead.

Hung-Hsin