A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: **** Swish 2.0 Alpha 6 BUG THREAD ****

Crashing worse than win95

Alpha 6 has forced me to go back to alpha 5 after crashing for no reason in multiple spots. one happens when i try to click the frame after the last used frame of a movie, others happen juts while working or playing a movie for no damn reason.

brandon

Fixed -- However . . . .

Hi Again (gosh I hope I'm not become bothersome)

I read all the bug reports - And, I have a question. I noticed that you said the Gradient Fill (pressing outside the object resets everything) was fixed . . . However, nothing was mentioned about the "FIT" button. Everytime I push the fit button it resets all the numbers back to the original numbers. Changing the positions (ie. Top Left, Bottom Right, etc) has no effect on the gradient fill either. The Fit button doesn't seem to do anything (except reseting the coordinates) . Is this a bug ?? Or, could you explain what the FIT button does (even though it always resets the numbers) . . . ??

Thanks

Cadence

Re: Fixed -- However . . . .

Originally posted by Cadence
    Hi Again (gosh I hope I'm not become bothersome)

I read all the bug reports - And, I have a question. I noticed that you said the Gradient Fill (pressing outside the object resets everything) was fixed . . . However, nothing was mentioned about the "FIT" button. Everytime I push the fit button it resets all the numbers back to the original numbers. Changing the positions (ie. Top Left, Bottom Right, etc) has no effect on the gradient fill either. The Fit button doesn't seem to do anything (except reseting the coordinates) . Is this a bug ?? Or, could you explain what the FIT button does (even though it always resets the numbers) . . . ??
    The Fit button fits the gradient or image to the bounding rectangle of the object. You can adjust the position, scale and angle of the filled gradient/image by changing the settings in the dialog. However, an interactive tool for fill transform has been implement. You probably don't need to use the dialog to manipulate the gradient/image fill in the next release.

Hung-Hsin

SWiSHoldie

Problem with Button

Ok 2 Problems:
    1. The second Button will after a change never work with over state. The same problem is with a copied Button.
    2. I try to make a popup,m but I can draw a Rectangel on each point, but I can't insert a popup text on the Rectangel. I don'T understand why I can't move the over state Text? I'm stupid?

Any Hints for me?

A little please: Make a Option, that list all used fonts. It's for better documentation for OPen SWI. THX.

Hi, i've tried the v2.0 alpha6 and i wish to congratulate all the dev team for their work it's great. The first problem i had after 2 minutes is that i can't hide objects with the eye button

that's all for now

OK, I may have found one:

Movie speed: 24 fps (probably doesn't matter for this)

Main timeline: Insert text: "Xylophone" (also probably not crucial)

Frame 0: Insert Fade Out, motion rotation set to 90 deg., motion scale set to 25% (fades out while rotating clockwise to 90 deg and shrinks). Length of effect: 20 frames.

Frame 21: Insert Fade In, motion settings: resize back to 100%, rotate CW 270 deg. Effect length: 20 frames.

Play scene, things work fine. The word rotates 90 deg CW and fades out while shrinking. Then the second effect kicks in, and the word begins fading in, starting at that 90 rotation, and getting bigger as it rotates the remaining 270 degrees to end up at 0 degrees (flat) and back at 100%. Describing this here so you can compare playback versus the bug below

NOW the bug:

Go to frame 50, insert, "repeat frames" effect:
    Start frame = -50 (frame 0)
    Number of frames = 40 (both effects described above)
    Repeat # = 1

NOW when I play back the scene, the first two effects work great. Then on the repeat effect, the first effect works fine, same result as above. But on the second effect, the fade in, none of the settings of the previous fade out carry over, and in fact, the second effect doesn't even show up as a fade in. The word starts at 0 degrees (should be starting at 90 degrees, I think, carry over setting from previous effect), starts at full opacity (should be starting at 100 transparent, I think, as it is a fade in effect), and starts at 100% scale (should start at 25% scale, which was the ending scale of the previous effect). The result is that the word rotates at 100% scale and full opacity for 270 degrees, and thus ends at 270 degrees.

Is this a bug? My understanding is that the repeat frames effect should reproduce the effects commanded as they originally display, and the effects repeated should still work off of each other to relay ending and starting settings for the various attributes.

Thanks, hope this makes sense!

Best, Will

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by flashopper
    OK, I may have found one:
    snip
    I've reprodcued this and am fixing it now (I hope)

There's something really F@#ked Up with swish alpha 6 and windows combination.I've heard others have has the same problem too so I know its not just my system (no it cant be Dragon Fire my poor baby!)But before everytime I exit Swish it popped up with an error saying Swish created an invalid something with Kernel32.dll. Now that hasd stopped after whiping my drive clean reinstalling windows and now after maybe 15 uses or so it crashes on the opening of swisha6.Not only that it seems that when i open swisha6 it uses a lot of my computer resources like I am burning a CD or something.You might want to do a little research into it because I'm unable to explain how to reproduce this because I havn't done anything but open swish and it does this on two out of nine of my computers.It works fine for a while then goes to hell.

Re: Problem with Button

Originally posted by Wildthinks
    Ok 2 Problems:
    1. The second Button will after a change never work with over state. The same problem is with a copied Button.
    2. I try to make a popup,m but I can draw a Rectangel on each point, but I can't insert a popup text on the Rectangel. I don'T understand why I can't move the over state Text? I'm stupid?
    Fixed! It's a bug.

Hung-Hsin

SWiSHoldie

I missed that so...

Hi,

I create all my Swi in a small size (Fonts < 6, Lines =0.25 or smaller). That decrease the filesize draatically, but I can't see what I see when I publish this site. Ok, I need a Menu where I can define a resolution for the preview SWF.
    I make the swf with Zomm and all other very nice tools and I can switch and change the resolution to 800x600 or what I need. The scaling make the way between Objects and the objects self bigger and I don't know what the result is, when I publish with 640x480 or 800x600 or so. Dreamweaver have the same function.

Can you realize this?

A word to this version:
    Your SalesSupport give a releasedate in march. That's not good. I think, you destroy your buiseness when you release this instable version.
    After alpha is beta or not?

I hope you release a very good stable version.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.

tiled and clipped images

have I missed a post on this?
    When I use a tiled image fill in a rectangle it doesn't really tile, if I change the size of the rectangle, the image doesn't tile, it just enlarges or reduces as the case maybe. This also happens with a clipped image fill under the same circumstances.
    Am I misunderstanding the use of these expressions? My understanding is that a tiled image fill will stay at the original size and tile to fit the dimensions of the thing it is filling. Ditto with a clipped image fill, if I reduce the size of the rectangle, I expected the amount of the image I see reduced, not that the image would distort to fit the new dimensions. Am I just misunderstanding the terms?
    david p.

Re: tiled and clipped images

Originally posted by david petley
    have I missed a post on this?
    When I use a tiled image fill in a rectangle it doesn't really tile, if I change the size of the rectangle, the image doesn't tile, it just enlarges or reduces as the case maybe. This also happens with a clipped image fill under the same circumstances.
    Am I misunderstanding the use of these expressions? My understanding is that a tiled image fill will stay at the original size and tile to fit the dimensions of the thing it is filling. Ditto with a clipped image fill, if I reduce the size of the rectangle, I expected the amount of the image I see reduced, not that the image would distort to fit the new dimensions. Am I just misunderstanding the terms?
    david p.
    If you use the select tool to change the size of a shape, you only change its transform settings, and the filled image will get transformed as well. To change the coordinates of a shape, you should use reshaping tool instead.

Hung-Hsin

SWiSHoldie

Zoomfaktor

Hi there,

the zoomfaktor in a spriteview is not the same as in Layoutview. The Problem is that I can't create a Popupsprite, because the tweening works not exakt.

Curve option was always on.

Layering

it seems to me there is no easy way of changing the layers each object sits on. I'm having to resort to cutting and pasting objects to relayer them.

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    To reorder, use the order toolbar (with four buttons for bring forward, send backwards, bring to front and send to back. Or use the Modify->Order menu, or right click modify.

In the next alpha, you'll be able to drag the layers around in the timeline panel and (if I get it done in time) in the tree in the outline panel.

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: Zoomfaktor

the zoomfaktor in a spriteview is not the same as in Layoutview.
    Zooming is the same in scene and sprite view. You can zoom in and out etc as well.

You may find turning on the grid and ruler might help
    The Problem is that I can't create a Popupsprite, because the tweening works not exakt. Curve option was always on.
    You can turn off the curveing by right-clicking on the keyframe in the layout panel and turning off the curve motion path. Or doubel-click on the movement effect in the timeline and turn off the curvine there.

In the next alpha you will be able to draw straight movements by holding the ctrl-key while drawing the path (also shift key to draw in 15deg increments).

SWiSHoldie

Re: Re: Zoomfaktor

Originally posted by roger_onslow
    the zoomfaktor in a spriteview is not the same as in Layoutview.
    Zooming is the same in scene and sprite view. You can zoom in and out etc as well.

You may find turning on the grid and ruler might help
    The Problem is that I can't create a Popupsprite, because the tweening works not exakt. Curve option was always on.
    You can turn off the curveing by right-clicking on the keyframe in the layout panel and turning off the curve motion path. Or doubel-click on the movement effect in the timeline and turn off the curvine there.

In the next alpha you will be able to draw straight movements by holding the ctrl-key while drawing the path (also shift key to draw in 15deg increments).

Hi Roger,

I write not clear. The Zoomfactor was not displayed (or I don't see) and the switch from generela layout with a big zoom to a sprite is the sprite in original (100%) layoutview. Is better when the same Zoomfactor in both layouts active.

Curving
    I know, but after the animation is the curving on (I have switch off before I animate this (I mean preview)).

Win2K
    A User of my forum have massiv Problems with Swish and Win2K. Swish.exe make a heavy exception (Schutzverletzung in German).Have any hints to this problem?

I waiting for the next alpha.

---------------

OK, I'm a chicken. I Have found the ruler and I can read the numbers :-))--- Sorry..
    [Edited by Wildthinks on 03-26-2001 at 09:33 AM]

Typewriter

Hey guys, is it just me tha is having trouble with the typewriter tool?
    Its when i select the flashing cursor that I want, everything is fine but the cursor doesnt go on a straight line. It starts a little bit under the text and then it moves up and done while going foward.
    Does anyone else have this problem?

Cheers,
    John

SWiSHoldie

Some Problems

Hi there, keep good working...
    here is snowing...

1. What is the single Color in Sprite? I have change it and that have no effect.
    2. Sprite move right by is changed to move to x, when I go back after animation
    3. Mark Content and del-Key then Delete the Scene and not the content
    4. Convert a Text to shape > no Effects can be added (I will fade in and out the Letters alone and successivemente)
    5. Ruler in Layout can't view under WinNT?

Nice day, my little boy and myself going to the snowboards :-)
    [Edited by Wildthinks on 03-27-2001 at 02:07 AM]

SWiSHoldie

Autosave

Hi there,
    it's possible to make a autosave with a free timer?
    It'S very important, so many peoples use the alpha and so many crashes :-))