A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FLA Post room

FLA POST ROOM go go go go

As a new commer to the site and a rookie with flash I HOPE the FLA post room, the "FPR" can get started. In reading the previous threads a home for "FPR" is one of, if not the biggest problem. There seems to be many people who have the skills to provide the tech training. I am not really sure of the way this site workd but it seem the administrators would be one group and a lot of the "senior members" would be another group both of which could handle the "FRP" tech work. If what I have said is true perhaps an alternative to a room would be a FLA quiz type thing. One fla problem file is posted by who ever. The fla file has some particular problem that is typical of something and the membership have a week to fix it and respond. The results could be posted the next week with the original correction required and if some of the membership had a better idea that could also be posted.

This would spread the work around so it would not be a real burden and AAAAAAALLLLLLLLL of the rookies could learn

Just a thought

How ever it turns out you got my vote.

good idea,

ahh as this may be a great idea, can they get the space for all of it? if yes.. then w00t ! put up dem fla's !!

hey !

lol sorry about the double post! nice logo carp! lol! flashy colors! hehe

I am the first one to post a .fla

he is my trouble i cant get these variables to work. Any help? Has to do with scores and stuff, no biggy.

http://clientnano.hypermrt.net/variables.zip
    [Edited by Nano on 08-02-2000 at 10:13 PM]

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar
    Sounds like a great idea!
    Ill look to setting something up soon, I have a lot
    of features I want to get going on the site, this is another great one!

Congrats on your persistency Carpadeim...

Tony

Replies

I'd like to thank the following for replying to this potential fla room

quarkplugs...Thanks!
    Inque........ I like your idea too, I'd be concerned myself posting a fla of my new web site and having someone else benefiting from all your hard labor. Hey, maybe we could even contract the work out to be fixed! *smiles* $$$

Zplunk....good links! Thanks

BugiMan!

Gura dada You make very good points

Angel Tyreal... Yeah, that's seems to be the real concern so far.. the space for it, but if they can figure something out, I think flashKit would get real recognition from all the flash users out there, and grow 1000 fold!

Nano, I'll check it out tonight

FlashKit.. Thanks.. You have alittle more influence than the rest of us, so make it happen!

XU1, Thanks Tony, I hope it becomes into being!

Need some other flashers out there, new members and old alike to post to this Fla room concept. It's up to all of us to make this happen!

So POST!!!!!!!!!!!

CARP a fla's a terrible thing to waste!

Make it easy for me...
    One post in here with a list of features so I can think about it and how best I can get the team to integrate it into the site, as this one is a *lot* of work, and we have a big todo list

Thanks Mark.. My talents lie in game progamming and web site design , but would this work?
    1)To have the Fla post room connect to another server so it wouldn't effect this site's bandwidth ect, Hi-Speed.com the server that I'm with have unlimited web space for only 20 bucks a month.
    2)The files dated more than a week old would be deleted from the server, thus clearing the view and space
    3) Only members and above could use this feature, thus creating a new flow of members into FlashKit awaiting to become a member
    4) A file size would have to be placed.. That's in your court
    5) Fixed Fla's would be placed on the other server and after a certain time they would also be deleted thus always keeping it clean.
    I think this is how I'd try to approach it, if any other person knows better, please post how and I'll write then down for Mark to look at.

You could even create an icon or another unique member name for the members who fix more than 10 say.. Like the Fla-Man
    ect!

Thanks mark for taking this concept into perception.
    If there's any way I can assist you in this please fell free to contact me
    sjwatt@earthlink.net
    P.S. Need any new moderators?

CARP/aka Steve Watt

I've heard the unlimited plan before...
    I used to be on one, its lasted 1 month, now I am serving around 30-40 gig a day!!!

Yeah, I hear Yeah.. I'm sure HiSpeed is the same way if you go past their certain amount of space. Like I said before,
    I'm mostly into small web sites and game programming, but would hope to get to dabble in the big web site stuctures.

CARP

Samuel C. Granato
    Multimedia Utopia

Hallelujah!! Carpadeim sure seized the day.
    I think this would really be a good idea...if implemented right. How about every flashkit member get some space at myspace.com (it's free..300mb)and upload their fla's. You could post your password and anyone can download work and even upload it back. Just a suggestion...trying to make this happen.

Di@volo

Although many members would be willing to do this others wouldn't. You never want to make people do more work than they have to. Anyway it would become out of flashkits hands if someone was being vulgar or the like. Mark wouldn't be able to say okay now you have to leave myspace.com because your an ass. You see what I'm saying. Im not sure of the alternative but we'll think of something. I for one think that there would have to be a password sytem of some sort so that only te members that I specify can get to my fla's. Not everyone is as honest as we would like them to be.
    Catch ya later,

Z

FK Bored Crew

Just a thought...

While this seems like a great idea, keep in mind that people will try to abuse the talents of others, IE: getting lazy..."It didn't work the first time, I'll just post it and let someone who knows what they're doing deal with it"....we could end up providing a LOT of work on someone's paying gig, and not get a dime in return. See where I'm coming from?

-fishee

I agree wholehartedly with fishee. Someone could end up with an amazingly productive buisiness and an awesome portfolio at the expense of our generousity. Thats why I think that a password system should be set up, hey maybe you wouldn't need one, you could use the current member system to let only certain people into certain projects. Couldn't you?

that rating system mentioned

How about that rating system that was mentioned? Maybe you keep track of how many times someone has posted a .fla for help vs. how many times they have helped someone else. That way if someone who has posted 20 flas for fixing and has helped with 0, people would be less likely to help them out...they'd know they were just working the system. Then if someone who has helped with 10 flas and has asked for help twice, you'd be more willing to help them, since you know they'll do the same for you if they can.....

Groove papa; Excellent idea!!!

Kinda like a give and get policy

CARP

FK Bored Crew
    We could just leave it as up to the discretion of the helper...if the helper feels a user is abusing the "free fla fix", then the member doesn't have to help...there's no obligation on anyones part....although the idea of a rating/ratio system is good too, but it might require a database interfaced with flashkit to keep track of who helps, how many times, and how often they ask for help with their own fla's....

-fishee

Yeah, it would probably take that. But Flashkit seems to have a pretty impressive Database-based discussion board already, so I'm sure it wouldn't be any trouble for them at all! right guys?