A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: need novice code coaching....

I am fairly new to flash--about 2 weeks--and I am having problems with something. I am trying to code a rollover action on buttons on my page. When rolled over, a txt description appears in a small orange box at the bottom of the page. Right now, I have all buttons coded with the "over" code and don't think it is right. Whenever the mouse goes over the orange box, all the different txt descriptions are visible.

Shouldn't I be using a movie clip instance for this and use one frame for each piece of txt? And if I do use a movie clip, how do I keep it invisible unless activated by the button?

thanks for your help

FK Bored Crew

I like grilled cheese.

Please post "General Help" questions in the "General Help" forum, you'll likely get a faster response.

-fishee

Welcome to Flashkit. I'd offer the suggestion that you post your question in the general help section, the coffee lounge is pretty much general conversation, gossip, politics, relationship problems, retirement issues, and concern over global warming. Everything is broken down into sections on the board, and I wish you luck in finding your answer.

Again, welcome to Flashkit!

mg33

Fishee, I was tempted to respond with, "No, you may not ask questions here. Flashkit is a forum devoted only to anwsers. You may submit answers to a wide variety of Flash topics, however, at no time will posts involving questions be allowed. Should you feel that you have an answer that you feel someone may benefit from, please feel free to post this answer. For example, if you are trying to find out how to use text as a mask layer, DO NOT create a thread entitled "Text as a mask layer. HELP!!!" Rather, search and search for one that is titled "How to use text as a mask layer." If at any time questions are posed, a vote will be taken by moderators as to the number of post points that should be deducted from you. This will be based on a simple and effective scale: The more general and basic questions will result in more points being lost than a question of great difficulty involving complex actionscript or any other complex task in Flash 4. Please abide by these rules from now on."

Well, that's my stab at sarcasm for the day, the stuff just flows through my vains. hehe

mg33