A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Go to bottom of previous page when hitting "back" on browser.

On a simple html page in both IE and Netscape when you are down at the bottom of a page and hit a link, go to the link and then hit the back button, you are returned to the bottom of the page where you were. When you build the entire page in Flash, that feature goes away in Netscape and you are returned to the top of the page no matter where you were previously. Anyone have a fix for that?

Lightbulb

I don't have the exact answer, but what I would do is go to a web page that has that funtionality and then view the source code. Also, view the source code of the page(s) published in Flash and see if you can spot any differences. You'll probably have to do some hand-coding. BOL - Sam C.

Thanks. However, I've already done that. I've been told that it's a functionality of the browser itself. And apparently it's the addition of a Flash movie that's causing Netscape not to function as usual. There is no special code on any of the regular html pages I've looked at. It works on IE, just doesn't work on Netscape.