A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite cartoon?

Smile

Mine's probably Exo-Squad.....the coolest sci-fi cartoon I've ever seen.......okay, so the animation might not have been so good, but I used to live on that show as a kid

i'm a fan of 'Record of lodoss war','TenchiMuyo','Ranma1/2' and 'Slamdunk'

Possibly this isnt a anime cartoon that you're looking for. but I dont watch much anime.

Best cartoon I've seen is Dexters Lab. Pure class!

Noo Deedee, do not puush dat button!!!!!
    Love that cartoon!

Yes! And "Just du it"

Mweehee! And Omelette du fromage..

I am a fan.

Gennedy Tartovsky and Craig McCracken are really heavily inspired by anime.

Have you seen the episode where Dexter goes to Japan as an exchange student? And they end up fighting in giant mecha? Hehehe! And I also like the ninja paper delivery boys.

Ooof! I'm a closet anime fan!

I havent seen that episode yet.. I'll look out for it.

Chuck Jones....ahhhh yea

Chuck Jones....ahhhh yea

I'd Have to say that my favorite non anime cartoon would have to be either The Tick, The Simpsons, or Hulk Hogan's Rock & Roll Wrestling...LoL, and I like the old Bugs Bunny Cartoons. I dont think the newer cartoons have the quality of the older ones. Like The Simpsons for example. you arent gonna get another cartoon as developed as that when its gone. Oh yeah, gotta love Animaniacs and Tiny Toons...=) I love almost all cartoons

My fav. non-anime cartoons are:
    G.I. Joe
    Transformers
    Thundercats
    Bugs Bunny Cartoons
    Simpsons
    Tick
    Animaniacs

My fav. anime cartoons are:
    Ghost In A Shell
    Akira
    Ninja Scroll
    Ranma1/2

JML

Oh yeah! Have you lot see/heard about the new Action Man toon? In three-d? It looks really good. Not sure when its coming out here (England) but I think its in the US.

I'll try and find the article I have about it for more info.

The old action man cartoons sucked!! esp. the corny videos shot at Unversal Studios(I think so, 'cos I've seen the same sets 'n stunts 100s of times).

I also like :
    Freakazoid, Anamaniacs, Pinky & the brain, etc

Did you guys see the Dexter epi. where he tries to beat deedee on his new bike and ends up going too fast which burns up all his clothes ? or the Speed Racer parody?

If you didn't, youuu arre stuupid, and not only zaat, you are sttuupid...............

-I like kids with funny accents :P

I can say I'm a fan of action man,, just read about them doing new wizzy 3D ones from my computer arts magazine.

Heehee! I must have seen every episode! Yeah, both were funny!

The one with the electricity bill.. Or! Ooh! The one where he turns de-de into a pony.. that was the first episode I saw..

The Mech one was really funny.. Yee! Might go see if its on today!

Originally posted by sujil
    or the Speed Racer parody?
    I must have watched this one a bunch of times - when they first aired the episode over here, during a Dexter marathon, they were showing this one about every hour - and it cracked me up every time I saw it. Such a dead on parody, lots of nuances you don't pick up on until the second or third viewing.

They do great stuff. It's kind of disappointing to see everyone adopting the heavy black outline style, tho, just because it's popular now.

But while we're talking about cartoon network, I think it's definately fun to watch shows like the Powerpuff Girls and be able to point out all of their nods to anime (There was this one sequence from the Rowdy Ruff Boys episode that was a total rip of Sailor Moon that had me in tears)

Speaking of Bill....im just a bill, sitting on Capitol Hill...remember that...used to air in the late 80's early 90's(inbetween the REAL Saturday Morning Cartoons...)
    Hey CNO Where you from?
    And for the love of god please someone tell me that they have seen Hulk Hogan's Rock and Roll Wrestling....I'd hate to think that I dreampt that one up

School House Rocks!

"As your body grows bigger, your mind must flower. It's great to learn, because knowledge is power!"

From Brooklyn, NY. Born and raised.

Rock and Roll Wrestling... Was that the one with Junkyard Dog and Koko B. Ware?

HAHA, I KNEW SOMEONE KNEW ABOUT IT...LoL, i wish I could see an episode or two of that...yes KOKO the BIRD MAN...LoL, and the Junkyard Dogg, and some others....hahahahahahhahhahahah how old cno?

Im ashamed to admit it but...

Gem and the Holograms was always one on my favorite cartoons growing up. hahahaha!!

If i had to chose just one as far as it being my favorite toon today I guess I would have to go with The Powerpuff Gilrs... hahaha what with me and all these girlie toons anyway... I remember I used to watch Rainbow Brite and Stawberry ShortCake and My Little Pony as as well!!!!

Of course there were the boy toons at the time too, transformers, gobots, voltron, Ulysses31, Popeye (got to be one of my favorites as well), was Beverly Hills Teens a boy cartoon? hard to tell. provably not, I guess Im just a sucker for the girlie toons hahahaha. and I really am ashamed to admit it.

Smile

Originally posted by Lauradot

The one with the electricity bill..
    Is that the one where some guy makes his Lab 99% efficient or something?

Did you see the one in which Dex turns Deedee into a car...("Guess I wasn't out of gas after all!")

Boy, I miss Cartoon Network...don't get it any more.