A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Prompt in excess...(help)

Okay, my site is ready for a beta launch,

After tireless work, I finally got it to work in all of the major browsers, v. 4.0 and later, or so I thought...

I went to one of my good friends' house, wanted to brag about my site, but got shut down...

So here's the problem, Every time a Flash Movie is loading, he gets a prompt.. "Do you want Flash" (or whatever it says)

Is it his machine, or a correctable error on my side?

I have a very Flash intensive site. If every movie that loads prompts the user to get Flash, (as in my friends' case; he has the Flash plugin, but still gets a prompt,) I am sure that users will quickly turn away.

What can I do to avoid this?
    Is this his machine, or a easily correctable glitch on my side?

Please view my site, and determine weather it is a local error, or a widespread programming glitch that needs a fixin.

Here is the URL, and make sure the speakers are on! (Don't want to miss the best part of future web development (SOUND) do ya?!?)

http://www.crestedbuttesearch.com/indexb.htm

Thanks a mill-skii,

GUMP

I didn't have any problem with your site
    Sounds like your friend's got everything turned off in his browser; Ask before accepting a cookie, Ask before running Java, Ask before going to the bathroom , etc.
    Is there a way to overide this? Not that I know of, anymore than getting people to see your page in the same color you have it layed out in when they have "Overide font settings, always use my preferences" cause some shmuck in an Irish bar decided that everything on the pub's terminal should appear in green. Nope, you can't make them see you anymore than you can make people walking around with their hands over their ears listen to you

No problem here either...You should have a look at your friends settings etc.

~mgb

LOL Thanks guys! =)! Thanks guys =) EoM

LOL Thanks guys! =)! Thanks guys =) EoM