A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Xara 3d in flash

Basicaly the title says it. How to i put a working 3d text into flash 5. Help please, thanks

does anyone know about this or heard of this???? Should i post this at da popes site?

Originally posted by 0-60 b4 you get off
    does anyone know about this or heard of this???? Should i post this at da popes site?
    you can import your Xara 3d files into Flash as an animated gif. Flash will create a keyframe for each frame of your animation. The filesize will be fairly big though because gif is a bitmap format. Flash is great for small filesizes cos its vector based. You can get the filesize down by converting each frame of your gif to png format which is better compression. The other way to get 3d into flash is to use a third party application such as Swift3D which creates 3d animations that are exported as swf files that are Flash native format and will have smaller filesizes. It has more animation controls than Xara too. But its not free of course, though it is fairly cheap. Check out the other Forums, 3D would be a good bet too. Hope that is of help??