A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A word of advice if youve purchsed Swifftools

I purchased Swifftools about Three days ago..Cost $100.00 US Very Expensive but I thought it was worth it after trying out Jugglor and some other program.

I ran into a problem with it though for some reason I cannot get it to Build the file for me, and I cant edit the text in the Filename Field so that I can change the Filename.

I had this problem with the trial version as well but occasionally it would work for some reason, This problem happened on TWO different computers running Windows 98.

Well now that I purchased it I still have the same problem...which If it dosent get fixed makes the SwiffCanvass preety useless for any work.

The problem is also that AFTER 3 E-mails to the Swifftools Author I still have not even received a reply AT ALL, Not even to say that they are looking into it or that they have received my mail.

SwiffTools does NOT have a support contact for this program, so I have been sending it to their @info e-mail address...you would think that the mail was read...but any way.

If you are reading this, because I cant seem to get any type of reply from your site. I `am going to contact my credit card provider to and ask them to re-credit my account as your product is faulty.

I purchased SWF viewer from you a while ago...and I think I have supported you on both accounts by purchasing your products....How about Supporting those of us who have supported you by answering your e-mails??

It is NOT only UN- Proffessional...but you can rest assured that I will NEVER buy any more programs from you again.

Tony (please dont give me this I didnt get your mail to me I sent THREE of them and None has come back to me..if that is the wrong e-mail address on your site then you should fix it...)

I`m sorry to have to write to you in here but... since I dont get any reply from you..and since you are a Moderator in this forum you should also take the criticism...I`m not only frustrated but feel like this is the only way I can get my message across.
    [Edited by Tony Saffioti on 03-14-2001 at 05:39 PM]

I also ran into problems with them and their support, by the time they got around to contact me (weeks and weeks later) it was to late and I charged my credit card back. You are right, it's no way to run a business. It's a shame to because the products are pretty decent.

Mike

You know $100.00US is More than Windows98 full version here in Australia, So SwiffCAnvass is Actually more Expensive than the Windows operating System...Yet there is NO comparison in the service...As bad as Microsoft may seem to people..at least I would have had the problem solved within the first 24 hours with them..

This guy dosent even reply, to at least Say.."Thank you I have received you e-mail and will be back to you shortly"

I mean what A`m I to think after forking out $100.00??
    That I got ripped off?? you can hardly blame me for thinking this.

I`m sure that hes a good enough person but...Business is Business...and his business is LOUSY to say the least.

Tony

I had the same problem with Swiff Canvas- It works fine on WIN 95 but it does not work on WIN 98. I E-mailed him and never got a response so I didn't purchase the product.

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar

I have just played around with SwiffCanvas, but here's what I know...

The build button is actually down in the bottom right corner on the build page. I don't know how many times I stabbed the "Build" menu at the top of the screen just waiting for it to build

The build worked fine for me on Windows NT most of the time but it also crashed (hard) more than a couple of times. Probably because I didn't have something set right. ALWAYS SAVE YOUR WORK FIRST (regardless of what product you're using).

You can't just type over the file name, you have to use the little browse button to select a directory and give the file a name. If you do this it should work for you.

Now I'm supporting "the other guy's" products? Gotta be suffering some dain bramage

I have actually worked a way around it myself North...But I really should not have to considering the Expense of the product, and youre right it also crashes my computer as well, and the LOCAL command is not as easy to use as its made out to be.

Still no reply.......Actually he hasnt posted in this forum since August last year....I`m sure that over 90% of his clients would come from this site....

Now if you compare the number of postings by other Authors on this site, EG Swish. WilfFX etc these guys care not only about their products but are very much concerned with the feed back they receive, and aslo very quick to help out with any problems......

Personally I dont think SwiffTools qualifies for the exposure he is getting from this site

Tony
    [Edited by Tony Saffioti on 03-15-2001 at 05:23 PM]

Originally posted by Northcode

I have just played around with SwiffCanvas, but here's what I know...

The build button is actually down in the bottom right corner on the build page. I don't know how many times I stabbed the "Build" menu at the top of the screen just waiting for it to build

The build worked fine for me on Windows NT most of the time but it also crashed (hard) more than a couple of times. Probably because I didn't have something set right. ALWAYS SAVE YOUR WORK FIRST (regardless of what product you're using).

You can't just type over the file name, you have to use the little browse button to select a directory and give the file a name. If you do this it should work for you.

Now I'm supporting "the other guy's" products? Gotta be suffering some dain bramage

In Windows 98 second edition- often the build button does not show up at all!!! This is the bug we are refering to. At first I thought SWF Studio had the same Bug but am relieved to find that it does not.

I did have a bug in an earlier build where the Help button got chopped off the end of the toolbar (when a larger default font was selected in Windows). A user called wondering why I didn't include ANY help! Ugh.

I've made a few improvements in the UI to help new users and included at least one of your suggestions johnnie. There's now an "Add Movie" button on the movies page in SWF Studio

That annoyingly confusing right pane full of instructions is gone and had been replaced by simplified instructions and a BUTTON to add items to the tree for instant gratification.

I'll be releasing a new build today with these enhancements, some bug fixes, a couple new features that were requested by users. Who needs sleep?

SWF Studio will also now allow the file version info and icon to be changed in the trial version (a LOT of people wanted this).

X-PRESSIVE.COM
    BEWARE!!!
    I already bought Screenweaver (same author) some months ago -and can't believe how crappy it is!! Many functions do not work properly and I also never received an answer. Now I've been waiting for an update all the time but there IS none. What I assume is that the author got stuck and don't know how to do this job at all (

I think a product should be well tested before making money of it.

Mike

Well Two Weeks and still no reply to my e-mails

Wouldn`t it be great if you purchased this program and were stuck with a work deadline, and had to rely on this dudes service...??

personally I think that NorthCodes Macromedia endorsed SWF Studio...should be featured here, with NorthCode as one of the moderators in this forum...

Tony ( Aka ex XU1)

Are you trying to make more work for me?

Using SWF Studio and can't get the GetUrl plug-in to work. Do I need to place the fscommand in my movie? If not how do I do it in the Studio?

The GetURL plugin makes a new fscommand available, it doesn't replace the Flash getURL() function.

If you need more help, send email to support@northcode.com. Registered users have priority but It doesn't matter whether you're a registered user or not, I help everyone who contacts me.

SWF Studio

Let's get this straight once and for all. SWF Studio is the best standalane projector tool on offer.

Not only does it feature all of the features of all it competitors - it is also extensible via the use of plug ins. As well as this, the author (Northcode) obviously looks after his customers with updates and fixes, help with problems and monitoring of this board.

I'd like to see see all newbies that require a standalone tool recommended towards SWF Studio - not *********** or Swifftools which are clearly inferior products.

The best way to be informed, whether a newbie or a veteran, is to have all the information you can that pertains to your situation, then make a personal decision based on that. Northcode and his product are definitely showing out strong, however there ARE other options, and some cheaper options. It is up to the individual to decide what is the best resource for them.

The Master's Ftools is freeware and has a nice little suite of tools. While there aren't as many options (by far) as with Swf Studio, it may be all someone needs.

Anyway, give thanks to everyone on this board who is offering information to keep us all informed.

Regards,
    Jabez

Yesterday I had a question about SWF Studio, made a post, and within a half hour got a reply from Northcode. I followed up with an email in greater detail. Northcode then sent me the fla's and other files needed to test.

Point blank I have never recieved support like this from Swiff or anyone else (except the Master). It would be great if others could respond the way Northcode has but they don't. It's true, make up your own mind, but if you need a better stand alone, a better product and need some direction using it, SWF Studio is the best.

Wow! I wish I would have read this thread before wasting my time with SwiffCanvas. No offense intended to its developer - it is a good idea, but the program certainly isn't ready for public release. I guess I don't have to even post my problem here now, it looks like everyone that touches it has problems...

I suppose I should have suspected problems when SwiffCANVAS crashed my system while installing...

And I can now say it has taken well over 4 months and after repeated e-mails...Still NO ANSWER FROM SWIOFF TOOLS...whats worse my credit card provider will NOT give me back my money, because its a product fault that has nothing to do with them.

So I`m going to contact SwiffTools secure merchant and explain to them that SwiffTools DOES NOT offer support on their products. LET THIS BE A WARNING TO ANY ONE WHO WANT TO BUY THIS PRODUCT.

I dont know why you are a moderator in here at all SwiffTools not only do you not reply to your e-mails but you havent eve had the decency to answer this thread when it started, not even to say you will look into it. All we can assume from that is You cound`t give to stuffs about the people who buy your products, so you are in effect RIPPING US OFF

He hasn't posted since Aug 2000- almost a whole year. I think he fell off the planet.

I'd say so.. I'll post in the moderator room to have Swifttools removed as moderator based on this thread..

Ohh and I remember this thread