A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Never Do That....

for tiger:
    i explain to you that including credits means to the jury that we stole all the code and they automatically give us 0
    be reasonnable
    but i'm here now to say that we have read what pastore have write then perfom all the game
    (4 months spent)
    The Matrix Has You
    -------------------
    end transmission
    -------------------
    h

Originally posted by issamneo
    our second language is FRENCH and the third can be english or german
    Well, I wasn't that far off

what you say about open source is about big things like unix not a little fla source
    Says who? As far as I know that site is about Open Source in general and that would indeed apply to little things like .fla sources.

if you was in my place what will you do
    I would STILL give credit to the Author of the original Open Source.

Better yet, I would've learnt what I needed to from his/her supplied Open Source and then apply that new knowledge to my coding. And no, that does not mean just writing out his/her code again word by word or with just different variables, it means adapting it into my own coding style.
    Last edited by StenFLASH; 05-19-2004 at 07:58 AM.

for spent flash : if his game was functionnal he should be post before us but WE got the first functional pacman flashgame with flash 4
    The Matrix Has You
    -------------------
    end transmission
    -------------------
    h

free-webmaster-resource.com deamothul's Avatar
    for deamothul :
    i advise you to never attack me because when you attack me i can't control my self if you wan't discussion howdy and welcome
    if you attck me another time i will answer you diferently
    and if any moderator are seeing what i'm saying and what you are saying and he think that i must be banned he will banned me
    so stop your posts for me and stop hating other member

I have never seen such a sad individual here over at FK.
    You feel attacked , but you asked for it.
    If everybody went on posting like you then what would FK be like.
    One big pool of insults, and people crying about being "attacked"

Eveybody that reads this thread will laugh his ass off if they read what you wrote thoughout this thread, im sure of that mate.

I'll leave it at this cause i dont really feel like spending more time to such a person like you, have a

for spent flash : if his game was functionnal he should be post before us but WE got the first functional pacman flashgame with flash 4
    Maybe so. You might've got it working but the fact of the argument is that you built yours from this other persons open source. You didn't do yours from scratch. Thus, you should've given credit to the original Author.

it's the time of the break i will answer all question in 90 minutes

for deamothul: thank you for not posting in this thread again
    The Matrix Has You
    -------------------
    end transmission
    -------------------
    h

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    The simpliest thing you should have done is re-credit the author when distributing the file to the community : the fact that you don't want to get caught by your jury is one thing, but AFTER, when sending it on FlashKit, you should have put the original credit in.

Ihoss
    If you used an open source and you didnt tell the jury then that is worse than saying you used an opensource. Its called cheating. Now dont take this bad because i have nothing against you. Im still trying to understand how this thread could have been made 3 years ago if pastore posted his opensource 2 years ago.

And everyone stop the flaming, its really childish (that includes you deamothul). if someone screams at you dont scream back, just explain your view of the case. I think that issamneo has some good points and i understand why you did it.

One thing though, try to run your post through a spell check in word first. I did that when i first joined as my english wasnt very good. It makes you more respectable over here and its easier for us to understand what you mean. Now lets just put this case behind us and start over again, ok?

for tiger:
    i explain to you that including credits means to the jury that we stole all the code and they automatically give us 0
    be reasonnable
    but i'm here now to say that we have read what pastore have write then perfom all the game
    (4 months spent)
    My interpretation of what you meant with that post:

"If I credited the author of the original open source, those reviewing my version would give me a 0 because they would feel I did no work.

I have read pastore's code but I have added more to it to make it a completed working game. I spent 4 months to do that."

Ok, so pastore's the original author of the open source you used and you say you didn't want to credit him because people would give you 0. Well...

1. If you modified the code a substantial amount and credited pastore, they'd have no reason to give you 0.

2. If you modified it slightly and it still looks very similar to the original and you also didn't credit pastore then too right they should give you 0!!! You showed no respect to pastore.

The reason I think you didn't give him credit is because your situation fell into number 2 above and you know it so you tried to sneak your way out of people knowing. Very poor.

Ihoss: I know it's strange that pastore's code was submitted 2 years ago and this thread made 3 years ago but issamneo has already admitted that he read and based his code upon pastore's (from what i've gathered).
    Last edited by StenFLASH; 05-19-2004 at 08:22 AM.

for tiger:
    be carefull you are attcking me
    well, I wasn't attacking you, and if I were, why should i be careful?

By the way, issamneo, how old are you?

Edit: checked your profile. 23 years old. Wow. I simply can't understand how a 23 year-old man could behave so childish.
    Last edited by T1ger; 05-19-2004 at 08:31 AM.

free-webmaster-resource.com deamothul's Avatar
    Originally posted by Ihoss
    (that includes you deamothul).

listen mate i just quit and now you start about me, thisway it will never end.
    I have already drawn my conclusions so have no further interest in this childish stuff, so please dont ask me to stop , i already said i would and i did !!

Ok, I'm assuming that issamneo came with good intentions, just maybe not quite so good communication tools.

Issamneo, it would be nice if you could give us a run down of the changes that you made, for clarity's sake. Also, if you could add Credit to the original author (it's part of the open source ethos) then that would also be great. If you don't want to give credit, then please remove the game from the listing, as it isn't fair on those who spend the time and make their creations open-source.

I hope we can all leave the rest to rust out of memory? I'm leaving this thread open, since the matter isn't finished. Issamneo, you can send me an email from here: http://www.edmack.com/contact/ if you would like to.

Also Issamneo, flaming people is not the way to deal with things. Control your temper as it is nobodies fault but yours. And, others did flame back. BlinkOK &
    StenFLASH, thank you for your responses.

it isn't me who post the game here
    and the game was posted here before we get the note ( a part of the work was to send the movies to an actionscipt flash site) ican't answer all of you at a time and i'm not flaming any one only the man who sayed burn them then he sayed that was a joke and that's all
    for my age it's 24 we are in 2004 and i'm born in 1980
    and i'm a developper engineer
    The Matrix Has You
    -------------------
    end transmission
    -------------------
    h

for my age it's 24
    OMG! You can't be serious, I though you were close to 12. 24 and still insulting people with their mother? Dude... how sad are you?

for saphua and demothul: i will not answer you it's a waste of time talking to you so post all what you want
    The Matrix Has You
    -------------------
    end transmission
    -------------------
    h

Well, I would like to this.

It alles happened last week, on a rainy day...

I was walking down the street when suddenly this big dude walked over at me and i though 'wow, what a big dude'. So when I finaly noticed the supermarked was closed on saterday morning I went home fishing. Our garden was like one big mess when I finaly finisched those pancakes, but it was worth it; the fish tasted like fish. Then I though I could better ask that big dude for directions, so I didn't. I went to our local butcher and bought a sheep for diner. The weather finaly started to clear up so I bought an umbrella, but it just didn't fit with my brown jacket, I decided to buy a new sheep.

issamneo, I know that it's 2004, but you are not 24 yet, according to your profile, where you state that your birthday is August 17, 1980, which means that you are 23 years old.

for tiger : 23 years and 10 months is 24 years not 23
    The Matrix Has You
    -------------------
    end transmission
    -------------------
    h

thank you Ed mack and blinkok for trying to know the reality before judging
    The Matrix Has You
    -------------------
    end transmission
    -------------------
    h

flash mangler drunkenmaster2000's Avatar
    cheating your way through school? that's evil. How do you plan to live the rest of your life? by taking other people's work and saying you did it? That's not going to work for long. You're going to have to face reality soon. Or perhaps join middle management, they have no spine or morals either (for the most part).

Not crediting the person that gave you nearly all the code that you used to cheat at school is just plain wrong, too.

I've had one of my flash games stolen, although it wasn't an open-source fla. He basically renamed the .swf out of his cache, posted it on some flash site and said that he and his mate wrote it. Not so much of a problem, seeing as he didn't have the skill to take my name out and put his own in But still very annoying all the same. Especially seeing as he said it was finished, despite the word 'beta' appearing on the intro page, and all the reviews were complaining that it wasn't finished

And if someone could explain the whole 'thread is a year older than the crime' thing, I'd appreciate it.

ps. SCHOOL CHEATER!!