A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you ever wanted some good sound programs ......

what about ACID pro 3? That seems like a great newbie prog. or am i wrong?

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    post the link and i will see what i can do

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™

ACID PRO 3.0

ACID™ PRO 3.0 is an award-winning loop-based music creation tool that allows you to produce original, royalty-free music. Use ACID to create songs, remix tracks, develop music beds, score videos, and develop music for Web sites and Flash™ animations. This revolutionary tool is intuitive and easy to use. Work with hundreds of loops in multiple genres. Use unlimited tracks of audio. Import complete songs, even MP3s. And when you're done, publish your music to ACIDplanet.comSM. It even has built-in support for MIDI, video scoring, and can save to a number of audio and video file formats, including WAV, WMA, RM, AVI, and MP3.

Why ACID PRO?
    Music creation made easy — With ACID, you can create original, royalty-free music in minutes. This revolutionary tool makes creating music a breeze. It's as simple as pick, paint, and play. Simply pick the loops you like, paint them on a track, play your results and enjoy the music.

Powerful features — Use as many loops as you like with unlimited tracks. The sky's the limit. Adjust the volume and panning for each track. Alter effects over time using volume and track envelopes. Apply fades and transitions. Create amazing drum fills. Combine music loops with existing songs. Even apply effects on tracks, busses or in assignable effects chains.

Amazing effects — ACID PRO includes 18 DirectX® Audio Plug-Ins from Sonic Foundry's XFX™ 1, XFX™ 2 and XFX™ 3*. This arsenal of effects includes Amplitude Modulation, Chorus, Delay, Distortion, Flange, Noise Gate, Reverb and more. ACID PRO also includes three EQs—Graphic, Parametric, and Paragraphic and supports third party DirectX Plug-Ins.

Hundreds of loops — ACID PRO includes a music content CD containing more than 600 music loops and dozens of projects from Sonic Foundry's Loops for ACID™ collection. This huge assortment will get you on your way to creating royalty-free music in minutes. Genres include: Dance, Hip-Hop, Techno, Industrial, Pop, Rock, Jazz, Ambient, Orchestral and more.

An excellent value — ACID PRO includes more than $650 of free software, including Sonic Foundry's XFX 1, XFX 2 and XFX 3*, Sound Forge® XP Studio and Vegas® Audio LE**. Learn more about these products by clicking the links above.

Video scoring** — Create the perfect music bed. Score original music alongside your video to create the ultimate video production. With ACID's seamless ability to match pitch and tempo, scoring your video has never been easier.

MIDI and DLS Sound File Support — Combine MIDI files with your audio tracks in ACID. MIDI files can be played using external or internal MIDI sound sources, including DLS (Downloadable Sounds) Sound Files, through the DirectX Soft Synth. MIDI tracks time stretch perfectly to any tempo, and can be rendered with effects just like audio tracks!

Platform: Windows 98, Me, 2000
    List Price: $499.95
    Packaged: $399.96
    Download: $349.97
    * XFX 1, XFX 2 and XFX 3 previously sold separately. All components are installed with ACID PRO except Vegas Audio LE and Sound Forge XP Studio, which require a separate installation.

** 400 MHz processor and Windows 98SE, Me, or 2000 for video scoring.

98SE, Me, or 2000 for Vegas Audio LE.

GMF! Your the m4n! (wow...i actually like a moderater!, shocking!)

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™

question authority
    Originally posted by B S T L A
    Among all these wonderful products is there one which has VOICES in the true sense of the word, either "sung" or "spoken". We should be able to construct complete sung sections and choruses from, say, a bank of voices which would pronounce any letter of the alphabet, all we would then have to do is mess around with the attack and delay etc and tweak the pitch to get virtualy any sung words we want. [/B]
    I think realistic human voice replication is a _long_ way off. But it is an interesting concept.
    m

question authority
    My favorite stereo editors:
    for pc: wavelab http://www.steinberg.net/products/ps...l?sid=05450949
    for mac: peak
    http://www.bias-inc.com
    m

Beyond the Sea

great thread *bump*

what is the best loop-based editor for the Mac? I had been using Acid on the PC for the past 2 years, but now I'm in a Mac design shop. What do I do? Where do I turn? Sonic Foundry's official statement on if they're going to produce their software for the mac is "we're focusing on the PC". So, that's a big kiss off from them...which is a shame because Acid is so good.

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    Kraken , i dont know much about mac´s but the Steinbrgs that monkii posted also have this apps for Mac´s

http://service.steinberg.net/webdoc.nsf/show/download_e

As far as I know about Steinberg and http://www.propellerheads.se is AWESOME stuff. Also check out Mano1´s site http://www.futureproducers.com for more apps and reviews . All about sound and producing it .

Beyond the Sea
    awsome!
    Thanks, man.

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    Feel Free To Add a link to A Program, I´ll do the work.

question authority
    kraken, for the mac you have a couple of options for a loop based editor:

bias peak: great app, very powerful..
    tc electronics spark: better interface than peak, but not quite as 'pro' imho
    propellerheads recycle: awesome loop making tool. works great in conjuction with a sampler too. (or reason)
    bitheads phrazer like 'acid' for the mac.. check it here - http://www.bitheadz.com/Products/Phrazer/main.html
    digidesign protools free: this is a multitrack, but you can use it for stereo loop editing. fantastic, industry standard app - and it's free and needs no extra hardware!

if you want to know more, let me know..

Which of these programs would be best for making sound loops for Flash movies? I am not a musician, I just need a proggy to make and clean sound loops.

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    HI , I would say SoundForge for cutting and Rebirth or Reason for makeing them from scratch wich is the best way of making it.

cre8ive
    I'm not a fan of SoundForge so here's an alternate. Maybe you can review it GMF?

Cool Edit 2000 $69
    http://www.syntrillium.com/cooledit/
    Cool Edit Pro $399
    http://www.syntrillium.com/cep/

Its great for loop making since you can zoom down to individual bit sample and make sure the loops begins and ends at a zero crossing.

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    I´ll see what I can do jason

P.S SoundForge has the Looptuner too. Different taste

question authority
    If you want an app to create loops, you wont find a better one than recycle 2.0

ok..now which is the best?
    Fruity loops...i had a demo version...and all i can learn is how to use the built in loops... ...its difficult to learn...what about sound forge..never used it..but as far as i know...Sound forge can only be used to cut loops...or make loops out of other large sounds...(u get it?)
    and u cannot make own loops in sound forge like u can in fruity??
    what about?

SONAR from Cakewalk, has got to be the best program for novises to start off with. The interface hasnt change that much over the years from the previous versions of Pro Audio. If you can learn Fruity Loops, then you can definitely learn SONAR. Though it cost more, you can construct complex arrangements in a short amount of time, using an assortment of tools that are a mouse click away.