A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Control Someone's Computer from Your Home

Not a Flash Kit Moderator
    The FlashDoctor

I found this software called Radmin. I am on PC platform, and what this software does is allow you to control someone elses computer that has the plugin.
    My problem is that I am on PC, but I want to be able to at least watch a network of Macintosh's from my PC, does anyone know any software that does so? Cheers!! Steve

FK Times - Head Publisher
    FK Board Heavyweight

Originally posted by stevestarr
    I found this software called Radmin. I am on PC platform, and what this software does is allow you to control someone elses computer that has the plugin.
    My problem is that I am on PC, but I want to be able to at least watch a network of Macintosh's from my PC, does anyone know any software that does so? Cheers!! Steve
    LapLink.

FK Doctor of Love
    who are you, Bill Gates?

FK Times - Head Publisher
    FK Board Heavyweight

The FlashDoctor

Is there any freeware that does this? Steve

The FlashDoctor

Laplink doesnt do that. Its just for filesharing. I am looking for a similar program to PC-anywhere. But cross platform. Cheers, Steve

Steve, if you want to see what someone is doing on a computer(s) forget the technological stuff.

Get some surveillance cameras that are B&W, mount em on a wall so as they have a view of the computers. Now THAT would be the way to go.

mg33

The FlashDoctor

LOL, Is that the method you sick sick little men use? Watching people on little hidden black and white cameras? We know about your little online society. Lol just kidding. The reason why i am asking is because I showed a teacher at school, and she wanted to know if she could control the natwork at school from her PC. Its a network full of MAC's, which is basically a garden full of demons, but hey thats what you get when you have a bunch of old people running your school district, who like the pretty translucent colors of Macintosh I-Craps. Steve

I seem to recall something called Timbuktu but I don't know whether it works cross-platform...

My mum and dad used to use Timbuktu when they networked a bunch of macs...but now we use Windows and don't need it ^^

How do u get someone's IP address? Ive been getting hassle from a certain someone on the net and shes just bugging me.
    I wanna tell her her IP address just to scare her and tell her to beat it.

Any ideas???? Help

"village idiot" not brackets ""

Wanna-be Jezza

LOL, Is that the method you sick sick little men use? Watching people on little hidden black and white cameras?
    No, THATS HORRIBLE!

I use colors cameras myself . . .

snyx

Originally posted by rugbystud
    How do u get someone's IP address? Ive been getting hassle from a certain someone on the net and shes just bugging me.
    I wanna tell her her IP address just to scare her and tell her to beat it.

Any ideas???? Help
    Well, what I do is add human click or somethin to a web page, then tell the person to go there and tell me what they think, or just look, and then I have the person's IP!
    But if she keeps bugging you after you tell her what her IP is just get a sub seven, tell her it's a chat program and then play with her computer...

Just go to download.com and get VNC, it's free and you can control pretty much anything from a pc or mac, it even works through the browser window. I don't rememeber the website, but the program rocks...

Originally posted by Mac8myPC
    Just go to download.com and get VNC, it's free and you can control pretty much anything from a pc or mac, it even works through the browser window. I don't rememeber the website, but the program rocks...
    Interesting - very very interesting - anyone know the program or any program that's easy to use?

StayingOccupied

...... To get her IP

if your working on a PC... when you im them and they talk back just go into dos and type in netstat -n and that should give you your ip and theirs..

Thanx acid, but I know nothing about M-DOS mode though

OK, so I got the VNC program, now its asking for a VNC server?

Ancient Member
    Get all your info on VNC here http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/ . It is just one amazing program

Go to the download page, download the mac version and it has the client and server in one file. Then run the server on the mac set a password for it. Use the client on yor PC connect to the Mac's ip, enter the password, and poof you're controlling the mac.

-Skraut

hey, forget the cameras... i know where you live steve, and i see what is on your screen. fear not, for i will harmlessly integrate your sacred files into my universe.

haha

thanks for the tip!

i have norton internet security running which does a fine job of monitoring my network and logging any activity on it or any one trying to get into it.