A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Reversing only the frames played

Reversing only the frames played

Hi there,

I am using Flash 5, and have a button, which, on the over state, motion tweens the graphic. When the user rolls out the button returns to the Up state as expected.

But I am looking for a way for the button to 'reverse' the sequence in the Over state, before returning to the UP state.

THe problem is furthered because say for example the user rolls over and then rolls out before the animation is complete - I would then want ONLY THE FRAMES PLAYED, to reverse, before returning to the Up state, rather than reversing the entire sequence of frames played in the Over state.

Can anyone suggest a way to do this?

I apologise if this is unclear and would be happy to elaborate.

Many thanks,

Summoner

I've tied this but...

i dont know, its because flash runs in linear mode, only straight-forward, but I guess that using some code you can do that.

I mean, make a Movie withthe animation and use it as the Over button state.

in the RollOut use a copy of the movie or instance and modify to play backward the animation.

don't know how to explain, it would be better if you provide a link to see more clearly

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I see what you mean - in Flash 5, the quickest way would be to 'reverse frames'. But this reverses the entire set of frames, when I would prefer it if only the frames played were reversed. The problem arises because I will not know how many frames are played when a user tries it out.

Therefore, using the reverse frames command is of little use.

However, I thought this would have been an easy thing to do in Flash - I've seen many websites where animations roll back and forth as you move the mouse. I'm not an expert with Flash - so I definetely want to keep things simple! Perhaps I've elaborated too much and people think I am trying to do something more complex than I really am?

Thanks for your help,

Summoner