A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problem with sound and scenes

Hi,
    I have this problem with sound and scenes, i have an exe file with 5 scenes and 5 buttons, on click of each button a different scene is loaded, now each scene has a sound playing through the whole timeline, now when i go to say the third scene, the sound from the second scene, overlaps the sound in the present scene, so how do i avoid this. I am using stream, and on each scene's first frame i have a stop all sounds, and i start the sound from the second frame onwards, so what am i doing wrong here. and how do i make the sound loop only in this particular scene.

Thanks

Praveen Pinto

Senior Moderator
    FKs Banning Machine
    If you have set the sound to stream and you switch to a different scene , the sound stops auto . Check your sound actions one more time

i have checked but it still does the same

hi i had a look at it but it still is using stream and gives me this problem

I had about the same problem and I managed to get rid of it by turning my sounds into movie clips.When you drag your movie clip onthe stage give them an instance name.For example name the sound in scene1 "sound1" and the sound in scene2 "sound2".In scene1 on your Forward button put the following actions:
    On (Release)
    Go to and Play (Scene 2, 1)
    Begin Tell Target ("/sound1")
    Stop All Sounds
    End Tell Target
    End On

In scene2 on your backward button put:
    On (Release)
    Go to and Play (Scene 1, 1)
    Begin Tell Target ("/sound2")
    Stop All Sounds
    End Tell Target
    End On

For me it worked that way,but my sounds were set to Event.I'm not sure it will work with streaming sound.
    Good luck!

This was how you do it in Flash4 by the way...