A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flash 5 . . . Huh?

Re: RE

Originally posted by Steve Zytariuk
    Tell me matt. How come the flash 5 player is avaiable to everyone to download then? Because according to flashkit we are not allowed to post ANYTHING at all about flash5 content!
    Steve, is this a real question?

Flash 5 player beta --> available on our site.

Flash 5 authoring program --> available in September.

If you don't understand this, I'm afraid that I can't help you.

Matt

rawebd -

We know that you and everyone love Flash and want to shout it from the rooftops. That's not the problem.

The problems stem from bootleggers and warez people spreading unauthorized dev builds of our software that are NOT for distribution. To compound this problem are people who d/l this software and want to start developing with it. Not only is it warez, it's illegal, and I certainly won't help people use an illegal, unreleased and unsupported program.

We ask people to not support the contraband program, that is all. It does not represent Flash 5, and will only cause problems for all of us.

Matt

I can only re-iterate Matt's comments above. This forum is here to allow Flashers all over the world to ask questions about the up coming Flash 5 product, share opinions of the documented featured set and get some great feedback at the same time. We are fortunate to have the Macromedia Community Manager supporting this forum and answering questions.

Flash Kit respects Macromedia's position on the release of its product. We would ask that all users of the board do the same.

I know everyone is dying to have a look at the product but it will be out very soon and we can all go crazy.

you are rigth on this point. I understand that some ppl are selected for beta program, and others not. What i can't stand is that some beta tester can show what thet did with flash5 NOW, while the product is not released yet, and take advantage "we are the first to offer you flash5 content : call us".

that's just what i read after some company's demo ... near from here.

Yeah,I can understand your point there and the Flash 5 movie was okayed officially by Macromedia. I know that the beta testers are unpaid and the time that some have spent over the last 18 months working with Macromedia is considerable. Personally, I think that work may deserve a little headstart. Don't forget that everyone else will have quite a few months to catch up as it will take a while for the plugin to spread.

BTW, I wouldn't like to have to foot MMs bandwidth bill over the next few months.

Flash 5 beta player problem

Originally posted by Steve Zytariuk
    Tell me matt. How come the flash 5 player is avaiable to everyone to download then? Because according to flashkit we are not allowed to post ANYTHING at all about flash5 content!
    My guess has to be so that Macromedia can get broad scope of the problems still found with Flash 5 and it's player.

I posted elsewhere about what seems to be a BUG that I've found..so i apologize for the repost here but...
    it's quite annoying, cause i can't even uninstall the beta 5 player and get 4 back.

I'm sitting here with two machines, testing my movie:
    http://www.iamlost.com/carlos/banner

The first system, using the Flash 4 player this movie plays fine:

but on the other, with the beta player...
    the pause between the refresh is not working.

It's just a 'while' loop over 4-5 frames...

so, unless the NEW action/javascript in Flash 5, is not fully compatible with Flash 4's actionscript, then I can't figure the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced,

Thanks for the posts, everyone.

RE: Flash 5 beta player bugs. If you find something that does not play right in this player, and does play right in the Flash 4 player, you can (and should) alert MM about this.

Send an email to flash5_player@macromedia.com - detail the problem - what features seem to be malfunctioning, what platform/browser/version you're on.

Indeed, the public beta is designed to help people find issues before the final player goes live. We do *extensive* testing, but nothing beats that real-world public test to ferret out all of the hidden issues.

Thanks for testing!!

Matt

Wait, one more response to that last post...

You can uninstall the F5 beta player if you need to - go to the Flash Support Center and type "uninstall" or "remove" in the Search field:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash

There's a TechNote that walks you through the proper uninstall so you can get your old player back!

Sorry I didn't post the exact URL - I got lazy and thought I'd give you the first step.

Matt

no answer about the the other posts ?

danka

Excellent thanks for the addy,
    email has been sent to MM.
    I'll pass any responses i get to the crew as soon as i get it.

Thanks for the uninstall tip too...looking into it now.
    8? )=)

Originally posted by Akane
    no answer about the the other posts ?
    What questions are still left unanswered???

Matt