A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WAREZ Warning - Please read

I posted a crack search engine, to so that people could find info on an emulator. A mod made me delete it!! I mean, unless your distruibiting Waraz software, then I think that it is perfectly fine to talk about it.

People out there are earning loads of money (one I know did a job for £60,000 the other week)using dodgy software and has no intention to purchase any proper software. While I'm sat here scrimping and saving to purchase the stuff that I need... which to be honest F***s me off.

When you say that the products are over priced and people only rip them off cos' they're expensive.... have you ever thought that things are so expensive because people keep ripping them off.

Arrgh guh guhhhhh kaw.

hehe

lol Yes, I agree completely with CNO.

Yours truly,
    ~M

FK Junkie
    Originally posted by webprodesign
    I posted a crack search engine, to so that people could find info on an emulator. A mod made me delete it!! I mean, unless your distruibiting Waraz software, then I think that it is perfectly fine to talk about it.
    Talking about an illegal activity is one thing, providing a means to persue that illegal activity is different entirely.

As steve said, "Flash Kit has zero tollerance for anything to do with WAREZ. It is pretty much an automatic ban to post links to them."

You are in their backyard, where they make the rules. In this case the rules are no warez links whatsoever.

Sorry to be so blunt, but thems the breaks!

I know , but I mean I don't think that it is that big of a deal just to talk about it !

Re: no warez = stifled innovation

Originally posted by Juztyn
    I totally disagree with the concept that Warez=bad. Stop being a corporate lacky!
    I do understand and support what Scills is saying about no warez on flashkit. It isn't the place to be promoting illegal copies of software etc, there are plenty of sites for that.

BUT think about it - warez=innovation. There would be a lot less piracy if software houses didn't charge through the nose for it, so they are a large part of the problem.

My view is simple, and my own experience hopefully illustrates what I'm saying. When I first wanted to learn flash there was no way I could afford the $$$ for the product, same goes with max, fotoshop, illustrator, pro tools yada yada yada. Luckily I'm a warez junkie so I got them all for free. I learnt Flash, I thought - this is the ****. This program is so good, those macromedia guys are so innovative, I give em so much respect that if I move into a commercial environment there is no way I won't pay the dollars for it. End result is I conviced my company to buy the product, people are now using it here, and they are buying more copies. When my own home business gets off the ground I will definitely buy a personal copy, no questions asked. If warez didn't exist I may not have learnt flash, therefore my company WOULDN'T have bought copies and I wouldn't set up my own business.

Someone out there tell me that everyone doesn't win in a situation like this.

Personal = go for it, grab everything for free and learn up!
    Commercial = buy and support the product fool!
    Quit the crap kid, hard work is innovation... You have to work your way up with the rest... you're even screwing up our jobs. My job is to design sites for people with the tools I spent good money for and the long hours I took to learn it all. You, on the other hand, cut the work part and just start charging people... it's like an inflation of labor. We have too many damned Flash designers now that watching a Flash movie isn't even magical anymore... and there's a whole lot of damn ugly newbie sites to go with it too. Don't even say that you buy your products if you like them, that's why they make demos! If you already have the full version, why go throw $200 away for good morality? How many people do you know that give money like that "for the sake of commerce?" All you warez junkies say that and you never practice what you preach, bunch of rats.

So quit whining about the prices, get a rake, and go do elderly people's yard to scrape up some money like everyone else did. Or you could do like I did and get Flash for Christmas... wait, nevermind, you're probably some stingey spoiled brat who wanted a Playstation 2 instead of a tool to make money.

Go Kefka! Go Kefka!!!
    I know exactly what you mean, but for a big company like Macromedia, I don't think that a couple programs of Flash will hurt their budget.

Eat Rice!
    Originally posted by webprodesign
    Go Kefka! Go Kefka!!!
    I know exactly what you mean, but for a big company like Macromedia, I don't think that a couple programs of Flash will hurt their budget.
    after visiting the newbies forums for awhile and looking at all these flash sites popping up, i can guarentee you that it is a lot more then 'a couple programs'.

If you build a website you expect to get paid right? So why shouldn't Macromedia get paid for providing us with a tool like Flash? How would you feel after you'd spent a lot of time and effort on a project, for the client to run off with it without paying you?

People who use Warez are unfair competitors. We have worked long and hard to get the software we need and in the end it pays for itself. I bought Director, got a job the next week and earned enough money in 10 days to for it to pay for itself and upgrade other essential pieces of software.

I guess people who mainly use Warez aren't even a registered business and earn their money illegally on the side.

the usual
    Originally posted by djswerve
    any company that tries to charge two g's for their peice of software can stick it as far up their ass as is possible!
    i agree - i believe that it's 3500 for 3ds max and something like 10,000 for another design program called maya surely these prices cannot be justified, if the companies producing these had any sence they would cut the prices - as i would expect more people to buy them, i read somewhere in an issue of COMPUTER ARTS that 50% of 3ds users are illegal...

however this does not justify warez

Keep FK safe from the pirates!

Eat Rice!
    In response to all the money issues:

IF you can't afford it, you probably don't need it.

the usual

I know its got nothing to do with this thread but....

riceraver >>> congrats on the 2000 posts!

Originally posted by riceraver
    In response to all the money issues:

IF you can't afford it, you probably don't need it.
    So does that apply to going to Napster, and downloading MP3's? I reckon a very high percentage of people on this thread have done that at least once.

It's the same principal. You're getting something for free which people have spent loads on money on developing and manufacturing.

Every single argument you put forward about warez has a parallel in the music industry - right down to the prices for legitimate purchasers being bumped up by piracy.

Don't get me wrong - I'm anti-warez as well - but let's not throw stones in glass houses.

FK Doctor of Love
    Has anyone every heard of a small business loan?

If you're serious about doing web desing, go to the bank or credit union and take out a loan, buy your hardware and software, and then start working. You pay back the money to the bank, it's not a new idea.

That's what I did, but I'm dragging my feet on starting the work, so my payments are starting to become a drain but that's my fault.

woah

my suggestion is, download the trail software, mess around with it, you make anything good, and want to continue using the software, buy the full version, lets face it, if you went out and bought flash 5 then couldnt do f*** all with it, you wouldnt be a happy bunny... but yet, $4,000+ for maya is rediculous, you'd have to sell the pc you intended to install it on, just to afford it, silly huh?

now its 3:38am.. sleep or do flash.. sleep or do flash...

flash it is.

[swf width="300" height="40" background="#FFffff"]http://www.geocities.com/co2cat/naoneo.swf[/swf]

Originally posted by derrickito
    Flash Kit has zero tollerance for anything to do with WAREZ. It is pretty much an automatic ban to post links to them.
    sweeeeeeeeEEEEt. so when is flashkit going to post more copyrighted flash preview screenshots and get yelled at by macromedia for it? i cant wait for those
    That was never proven in court and we did make them ourselves, there is always one isn't there Stevo.

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

You tell em steve!!

<thought>
    i think the napster point is very good. ok, flashkit shoudl definitely not have links to warez etc. but why do we have napster links and a general pro napster attitude when you are essentially ripping someone else's work off (and dont start off saying "well look how much those artists get paid" because as pointed out 10 000 for a program is also a lot)

i think it is kind of hypopcritical. perhaps more consistency is needed...
    </thought>

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

Good point steve - but remember that warez is illegal - mp3s are not - yet

I admit it...

I am a pro warez person for the fact that I am cheap and have no job. And I can't afford anything over 100 dollars

All i have is a monitor, a keyboard, a computer tower, and a mouse.

And I would rather take 3 days to download a program from warez site than buying a big buck programs such as Adobe Photoshop.

I bet most people will pick up a 100 dollar bill if someone offer it to them. Why not take it when it's presented to u??

Big companies such as Microsoft are earning alot of money. It doesn't really hurt them when some of us are freeloading programs from warez sites.

But i think it's alright if you only use the downloaded warez program at home. I am totally against using warez programs in compnies.

Warez is just like Napster....the music industry just want to earn more and more money. In fact, they are earning enough of money. The music industry doesn't want to protect artists' right. They want to ban Napter because companies such as BMG want to earn big bucks.

I am greedy. You are greedy. Bill Gates is greedy. Macromedia is greedy. Adobe is greedy. Everyone is greedy!!
    WE just don't want to admit it.

However, I agree that we shouldn't post warez links or hacking stuffz on FK for the reason that it's illegal and FK's purpose is not for that.

If anyone is requesting or providing warez links, they should do it in other place. BUT NOT HERE!!

Peace outside.