A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ****** Feedback for SWiSH V2 Beta 1 ******

yeah, it's me again

I did that "rounded rectangle" procedure, but it makes more of a star shape than a rounded rectangle . . . Did I do something wrong ?

1) What is an emf ?

2) How do I preview the effects ? I cant see the preview button ..

1) .emf is (enhanced metafile) --- it's a vector based file format. Which can be imported into Swish 2.0 . . .

2) The Preview button is up at the top . . . There are little arrows (by the "play scene" and "play movie" arrow buttons) . . . One of them will have an arrow with the letters "fx" underneath it . . . That will preview your effect.

cadence

Thanx, how do I import emf files to Swish ?

Just got Beta 1. Looks Great and looking forward to final. I dont know if this is a bug but something I ran across. I installe B1 on my NT4 pc. I then made a copy of one of my project I created in 1.52. This project has a series of rollovers that I set up as buttons. I opened it in B1 and it played w/o problems. I then set up the first text as a button. When I went to play it to test the button, I got a Dr. Watson and it crashed. I was able to do this in Alpha 6 so I dont think its an NT compatibility issue. I can open it back up on a new movie and create a fresh text button with no problems. Are there any issue with converting old work?? If you need I can send the swi file.

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by jomis003
    Just got Beta 1. Looks Great and looking forward to final. I dont know if this is a bug but something I ran across. I installe B1 on my NT4 pc. I then made a copy of one of my project I created in 1.52. This project has a series of rollovers that I set up as buttons. I opened it in B1 and it played w/o problems. I then set up the first text as a button. When I went to play it to test the button, I got a Dr. Watson and it crashed. I was able to do this in Alpha 6 so I dont think its an NT compatibility issue. I can open it back up on a new movie and create a fresh text button with no problems. Are there any issue with converting old work?? If you need I can send the swi file.
    Please send and SWI that crashes to me (or HH).

roger_onslow@dingoblue.net.au

If this crash happens reproducailby then we should be able to fix it pretty quickly.

Thanks

Suggestion :

Right now, on the effects boxes, there are only the "Load" and "Save" buttons . . . Please, Oh please add the "OK" and "Preview" buttons back on there . . . I know there is a "preview fx" button along with the "play scene", and "play movie" buttons . . . So, if anything, please add the "OK" button to the effects . . . Having to save each and every effect (including place and remove) is getting tiresome.

If this is possible, I thank you in advance.

Peaces and Such

Cadence

ps. I am truly loving the "animated gif" addition That is opening up a lot of possibilities.

Different templates would be a good thing to add to the new version. Ex: movie template, banner template, web template, etc..

I'm having some trouble inserting an swf file. In some cases, Swish just stops to function. In other cases, Swish will not render the complete swf file on the timeline (even if its Swish made). And in other cases, it works just fine (1 out of 5). This is not due to one particular file. I have tried different swf files (from different software companies).

Are all actions removed when inserting an swf (even if it's Swish made)?

Originally posted by Cadence
    yeah, it's me again

I did that "rounded rectangle" procedure, but it makes more of a star shape than a rounded rectangle . . . Did I do something wrong ?
    Huh? Star shape? How did you do that? Do other people have the same problem? Could you send me the swi?

BTW, i found there is a problem for importing EMF in Win98. I am running win2k. That's why i can import the emf but you can't. I will try to fix it.

Hung-Hsin

Sent it . . . but, I'm hoping you see what I see . . . I did exactly what you said to do in the Step-by-Step procedures. If there are compatibility problems between Win98 and Win2K, then that might be the case here as well.

Thanks
    cadence

Originally posted by velez
    I'm having some trouble inserting an swf file. In some cases, Swish just stops to function. In other cases, Swish will not render the complete swf file on the timeline (even if its Swish made). And in other cases, it works just fine (1 out of 5). This is not due to one particular file. I have tried different swf files (from different software companies).

Are all actions removed when inserting an swf (even if it's Swish made)?
    Swish 2 doesn't import actions, sounds, morph shapes and editable text fields. Please send me the swf if you think it's not imported as your expectation.

Hung-Hsin

Originally posted by roger_onslow
    Originally posted by jomis003
    Please send and SWI that crashes to me (or HH).

roger_onslow@dingoblue.net.au

If this crash happens reproducailby then we should be able to fix it pretty quickly.

Thanks
    Roger, I just sent you the swi file to the address you gave me. Hope it helps.

Originally posted by Hung-Hsin Chang
    yeah, it's me again

Huh? Star shape? How did you do that? Do other people have the same problem? Could you send me the swi?

BTW, i found there is a problem for importing EMF in Win98. I am running win2k. That's why i can import the emf but you can't. I will try to fix it.

Hung-Hsin
    I also attempted to create a rounded rectangle and created an object that did not come close to resembling a rectangle with rounded corners.

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Right now, on the effects boxes, there are only the "Load" and "Save" buttons . . . Please, Oh please add the "OK" and "Preview" buttons back on there . . . I know there is a "preview fx" button along with the "play scene", and "play movie" buttons . . .
    We've already decided to add the play effect button back to the effect dialog. Didn't make it into the beta though
    So, if anything, please add the "OK" button to the effects . . . Having to save each and every effect (including place and remove) is getting tiresome.
    Why do you need the OK button?

Effects settings get applied as you make a change, and can be undone with the usual undo facility. The dialog can be hidden by clicking on the [X] at the top right. So the OK button would be useless and (in fact) misleading (the presence of an OK button implies that the changing won't happen until you press OK).

There is no need to save each and every effect ... why on earth are you doing that? The save and load are for saving them out to disk to form an effect library. There is no need to save and load to edit effects in the timeline.

I just want to comment on the rounded rectangles since you are getting complaints. I think the way you did them is the best I have ever seen. I use some high end programs and none of them have it setup the way Swish does. It is so easy to change angles and roundness.

I will say that I wont be able to use the radial gradients though...I have never figured it out and I have had every release so far. I dare someone to create a realistic looking ball/sphere and post it. I dont think it can be done. Its so simple in other programs, I dont know why Sweish cant do it.

Originally posted by Xcel
    I just want to comment on the rounded rectangles since you are getting complaints. I think the way you did them is the best I have ever seen. I use some high end programs and none of them have it setup the way Swish does. It is so easy to change angles and roundness.

I will say that I wont be able to use the radial gradients though...I have never figured it out and I have had every release so far. I dare someone to create a realistic looking ball/sphere and post it. I dont think it can be done. Its so simple in other programs, I dont know why Sweish cant do it.
    Maybe you can explain it better than the previous posts...because I am following the post and it still doesn't seem to be creating rounded corners.

Thanks.

Originally posted by sleblang
    Originally posted by Hung-Hsin Chang
    yeah, it's me again

Hung-Hsin
    I also attempted to create a rounded rectangle and created an object that did not come close to resembling a rectangle with rounded corners.
    Yep, there is a problem if you drag the rounded corner too far. I have fixed it.

Hung-Hsin

Originally posted by sleblang

Maybe you can explain it better than the previous posts...because I am following the post and it still doesn't seem to be creating rounded corners.

Thanks.
    If you don't drag the rounded corner too far to make the cross cursor still on the dash lines, it should be fine.

Hung-Hsin

Get the ball.swi here
    http://members.optushome.com.au/hhchang/ball.swi

It's easy to do it.

1. Draw a circle.
    2. Fill it with radial gradient and adjust the gradient color.
    3. Use the filling transform tool to offset the gradient fill.