A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: ****** Feedback for SWiSH V2 Beta 1 ******

Just sent you another file with a description, you may have already experienced this. thanks, will

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by roger_onslow
    Originally posted by sleblang
    If you drag the text toolbox from its current location (grouped with other toolboxes---color, movie, action, html, etc.) to a different location (i.e. beneath other toolboxes or the center of the screen) the text box disappears and is replaced with a solid box labeled object.

If you close the object box you can not get the text toolbox to return. It is continually replaced with the grayed "object" box. This is true even if you double click on the text in the layout screen.
    Thanks . .I can reproduce this. Hopefully it is easy to fix. I'll look into this ASAP
    OK .. found that one and fixed it .. it should work fine in the next Beta.

Is this a bug ??

In either Alpha 6, or Beta 1 . . . I was able to put a radial gradient on a text block . . . I forget how I did it. But I can't seem to do it in the new Beta . . . These are the different things I tried . . .

I coverted the text to shapes (which each letter can have it's own gradient; although, before I had the radial gradient across all the letters) . . .

So, I merged the shapes, and I tried to apply the gradient to that, however, the fill is only applied to the first letter.

I tried converting the letters to shapes and then grouping them, consequently, I'm not able to apply any gradient to the group.

I am stumped on this one . .. As I said, I was able to apply a radial gradient to the whole text block (ie. the word "TEXT" - and the radial fill starting in between the "e" and "x" and filled the whole word.

I can't seem to reproduce this, no matter what I try. Is this a bug ? or, am I just not doing something right . . . any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    cadence

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by Cadence
    Is this a bug ??

In either Alpha 6, or Beta 1 . . . I was able to put a radial gradient on a text block . . . I forget how I did it.
    Buggered if I know how you did it .. maybe you dreamed it? There is no support for that in SWiSH.
    But I can't seem to do it in the new Beta . . . These are the different things I tried . . .
    snip things that didn't work
    You can get the same effect by using a mask. Create a sprite, put in your text string and add a rectangle infront of it. Put a radial fill on the rectangle and then select the sprite itself and turn on the [x]Masked checkbox on the Sprite panel.

When played you'll see the text with the radial fill.

Originally posted by Cadence
    Is this a bug ??

In either Alpha 6, or Beta 1 . . . I was able to put a radial gradient on a text block . . . I forget how I did it. But I can't seem to do it in the new Beta . . . These are the different things I tried . . .

I coverted the text to shapes (which each letter can have it's own gradient; although, before I had the radial gradient across all the letters) . . .

So, I merged the shapes, and I tried to apply the gradient to that, however, the fill is only applied to the first letter.

I tried converting the letters to shapes and then grouping them, consequently, I'm not able to apply any gradient to the group.

I am stumped on this one . .. As I said, I was able to apply a radial gradient to the whole text block (ie. the word "TEXT" - and the radial fill starting in between the "e" and "x" and filled the whole word.

I can't seem to reproduce this, no matter what I try. Is this a bug ? or, am I just not doing something right . . . any help would be appreciated

In the next release, you will be able to do it using 'Convert to Shapes' and 'Merge'.

Hung-Hsin

when is the next beta, or even better payibg beta, coming out?

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by harveybass
    when is the next beta, or even better payibg beta, coming out?
    Still got a few bugs to iron out.

I've been working on some user interface issues and a few other little bugs. HH on the shape split/merge (may have solution that works with mask).

When we've got that all fixed up (and check that we've dealt with the other bug reports in this and other V2 Beta threads) then we'll put out another Beta.

An export-enabled paid-for beta depends on ecommerce and security/protection issues. DM is still hard at work getting a good ecommerce solution, and the new software protection logic still has to go in.

When that is ironed out, we will look at a paid beta again.

GIF

THanks for making such nice programe.Flash Killer.!!

I did not find any bugs yet .
    Which version will allow to save as GIF format
    It will be great for making banner .....

THanks

netmastan