A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: actoin scripts

i really don't know action scripts well enough, would it be easier in flash 5?
    or should i start learning the flash 4 action scripts?
    thank's

Smile

Originally posted by shamway
    i really don't know action scripts well enough, would it be easier in flash 5?
    or should i start learning the flash 4 action scripts?
    thank's
    go HardCore !:0)

PenzoiL

Yes.

If you have seen examples of what it looks like, it is written different but there are two modes of entry: novice/expert. Novice will give assistance, and expert allows you to simply type.

Although you will have to construct the action scripting differently in Flash 5, you can learn the basic concepts in Flash 4. And 5 should be extensible, and easier to program.

RE

Put it this way. . .if you don't know the BASIC language like Q-Basic to just get a general ball park figure you are gonna be sooo lost

The flash 5 scripting language has all the features that the flash 4 scripting language has. So if you knew how to do flash 4 pretty well, you will be able to do the same things in flash 5. BUT, flash 5 has a lot more new and fascinating features. If you don't know flash 4's actionscripting then you probably still will have to learn it, since it's still in flash 5.
    It's just the way you lay down the script has changed. In flash 5 if you know what you are doing, you can actually freely type out the script if you want which is GREAT. While in flash 4 you went through a button frenzy of clicks and drags and stuff.