A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: The DISASTER of Flash

http://www.starlitesoftwareonline.com

represents http://www.FantasyInterfaces.com and http://www.2advanced.com in the start page and then it gets worse inside.

what can be done about this ? Flash is getting to much of an enemy for these firms.

Can Macromedia do anything ???????????????? its there responsibilty if its this easy.
    [Edited by firstpost on 04-09-2001 at 01:07 PM]

Challenge the Conventional
    bot only do they completely rip the sites off, but they do such a bad job of it ... take their projects for instace, they have no work !!!! Shawloow by design, shallow by content ... what more can be said.

wow, that's blatant...

Althohgh we may not like the ideals of these people - its not really our place to judge them.

EJ and Pals - shoukld - and probably do - take all the rip offs as
    1)flattering
    2)Showqing a lack of talent

If all they can do is copy - then let them.

its not really our place to judge them
    I don't see why not. Check out the intro...

"We have worked long and hard to bring you the best site on the Net today."

If it were just someone's personal homepage then it'd just be a bit sad, but this is a commercial site. If they want to make use of the work of 2Advanced or FantasyInterfaces to generate interest in their own products, they should be paying for it.

Stickman

you are definelty making sense, this is as blatant as it gets.
    FI should sue them !

Zuunet

I used to work for a company in Lancashire, England that took many of the best flash movies from Flash Kit, and put them straight into the websites they charged other companies for.

This is NOT the way businesses should operate! I quit my job there, mainly because of this.

It just isnt right to use work that someone spent months on getting just right. The above example is so bad, I would take this to court.

G

I dropped FI an email, in case they hadn't already been told. They replied that they'd heard about it this morning, and had passed it onto their legal department.

They also said that this is the fourth time this month that something like this has happened. That's just sad.

... we have removed the new Flash 5 site which they claim was copied from them when in fact it was cloned.
    Haha, cloning? LOL

I really hate this kind of peoples. Why, why, why, there's hard work involved in a site like this and cloning is nothing different then a copy in my eyes!

Thumbs up http://www.starlitesoftwareonline.com/

http://www.starlitesoftwareonline.com/ is probably run by a snotnosed little pimplefaced virgin of a loser with no talent at all. Quote from his site "everybody who knows CrashOverRide knows that their is a golden rule among the Internet that basically says "Don't F*** with a hacker"."

What the hell is that? Just cause this little scriptkiddie thinks of himself as a hacker, he's free to steal whatever he wants and pass it of as his own? I don't think so! Hackers and thieves are 2 different things.

I checked who registered the starlite domain, the administrative contact is

Larry Roberts
    Phone: 616-897-4050
    E-mail: starlitesoftware@prodigy.net

Star Lite Software
    1793 Veronica
    Lowell, MI US

Why don't everyone send him a mail and tell him what we think of thieves...

please be advised that a goof friend of mine will be posting and giving the FLA
    That's about right.

stickman

what can be done ? its not fair ! you are a board crew...what can you do to prevent this kind of posting ?

I am sure I am going to stem up a lot of quick enemies for this comment, but I feel the need to say two things.

1. Very few designs are original - even moby recently stated that in trying to develop originality your work ussaully becomes typical

2. I have looked at FI and 2Advance (beautiful by the way) and fail to see the similarities between that starlites long intro and no site interface. Screen flickers and some of the effects I have seen on several sites. Thereofre what I am asking is what is the same- starlite- design fails to compare, development fails to compare.

Could someone please list the similarities

Thanks- not trying to ruffle anyu feathers.

The movie that is live now is not the same as that which people are discussing in the thread above (which was so similar to FI as to be indistinguishable). The 'owner' of the site was contacted by FI who asked him to take it down, which he did, replacing it with a rather ill-tempered diatribe laced with threats of hacking and so forth. That has clearly now been replaced with this new movie.

thanks - I thought I was losing my mind

How sad, I didn't get to see the ripoff version, but I saw this new crap. It was aweful, just some lines going up and down with text effects, and some words that are pretty much over-used on the web. The saddest part was the sound effects, the first music loop came from SoundBlaster Live!'s showcase and test loop, I heard that gay rock beat somewhere else, and to top it off, he used that windows maximize sound effect that I'm sure everyone and their mother has heard... Obviously, they spent no time looking for resources, like the great ones Flashkit provides

Like I said.. he's a loser without talent...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kefka
    I heard that gay rock beat somewhere else, [QUOTE]

Just out of interest what is a "gay rock beat". Is it the rock that is gay or just the beat ?

Ancient Member
    Hehehehe it just loads up a blank page now

-Skraut

Updated every hour! We are working hard to hold it fresh and nice. ROTFL