A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: -=MAY 1st Reboot=-

Beyond the Sea
    Ok, who's heard of the May 1st Reboot? If you haven't, go here:
    http://www.threeoh.com/may1/index.php

Now a lot of people have called this pretentious, elitist, and mindless following of design-superstars. They've also called it a shameless plug for threeoh and a completely commercial sell-out.

Personally, I see the reboot as the one time that you can produce something that isn't going to be influenced by the "current thing". I mean, everyone else is re-designing their stuff AT THE SAME TIME, so how can you be influenced by it? It's a great opportunity to create something new. Something different. Something wild.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Well, it was motivation enough for me take the "out with the old, in with the new" attitude towards my site. I should be pretty far along by next week on the new one I'm doing.

The deadline helps alot.

mg33

Nice idea but in the UK May 1st is a bank holiday so many designers will be at home, watching bond films.

well i saw it as a form of collaboration of designers across the world. it's just one moment in time where all of these designers come together and work collectively to explore the new and innovative. atleast that's just the way i saw it. i do see the other side of it, of it being just to boost threeoh. is threeoh going to shut their site down for a week beforehand like everyone else? i understand why a popular site would reconsider not participating because they would be given free promotion to another site. my site only holds value to me, my concept, and my interpretations.

Beyond the Sea

that's a really good point, 8minus8

This is a more personal revolution. Hmm...here's a question, then, will this actually affect anything? If this only effects a few hundred personal, design-related sites, will this make a big splash or will it be quickly forgotten. Hopefully, there will be enough of a resurgence of creativity that people will take notice...

FK Board Loser
    I keep running into problems with my deadline, I don't think I'll meet it!!! Problem is I can't balance between the 10 hour work day and the 2 hour break at home, laundry, bills, life, tv, music, friends, girlfriend, pets, appointments, shooting range.. I keep getting behind on this kind of things.

I kinda like it........

I like the idea. Not a bad push for me to redo my site. The fact that it's nothing more then a publisity stunt does kinda hurt it's chances of ever being promoted my me or any of the designers I know, but that does not mean its a bad idea or anything.

I think I'll play along, I just wont tell anyone....(oops)..hehe

Lou C. Fur