I have a standalone Flash projector(developed on a Windows PC) that I will be placing on a CD for distribution amoung Window and Mac users.

I would like to be able to have the user put the cd in the tray and have it auto run on either platform.

I have the autorun for the Windows version working just fine. (phew) BUT, since I am not a Mac guru, I don't quite understand the whole .hqx thing. so I am wondering if I can place an autorun for the mac users that will open the Flash ".mov" that I export.

More questions:

1. I would like to put the QuickTime player on the CD for those using a Mac, but not connected to the internet. Where can I get info to do that?

2. Licensing. Do I need a QuickTime license to put the player on the CD. (I have looked on the QuickTime web site, (http://www.quicktime.com) but cannot seem to find what I am looking for.)

3. QuickTime script, or Apple Script, or something that operates like a windows 'autorun'

4. Script that checks if user is on a Win or Mac, and if on a Mac, check for QuickTime, if user does not have QuickTime, load (or run) from player off of CD. Or, is that even necessary. Will the machines "know" what to run?

Thanks SO much for any information you could send my way. It is greatly appreciated!