A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: exporting to Flash 2

I've created a movie in Flash 5 and need to export it so that a browser that has only Flash 2 capabilities can support it. When I export the movie, a message appears:

<WARNING: This movie uses features that are not supported in the Flash 2 player
    Bitmap=flowchart1: Alpha Transparency
    Bitmap=Return: Alpha Transparency
    Bitmap=transfer: Alpha Transparency>

I haven't used the alpha effect (or any effect) in any of my graphics. How do I remove the alpha transparency from my graphics?

First off, why in the world would you export to a Flash 2 format? Second off, Flash 2 does not even have actionscript, thus anything created with AS in F5 would not export. I mean, there are even problems sometimes exporting to Flash 4 from 5, depending on how complex something is.

Second thing. This is primarily a non-technical forum, it's not for technical questions related to Flash. Try some of the other forums with your technical questions, you'll likely get better answers, because people there are looking for those types of questions. No one really bothers to look for or answer them in here.

Good Luck and welcome to Flashkit.

mg33
    [Edited by mg33 on 04-11-2001 at 09:32 PM]

Well, I could just be shooting my mouth off, but...

Is it possible that you may have imported a file type that is not backwards compatible? I don't know if that would make a difference, but it might be worth checking out.

Does macromedia still have support files for Flash 2? They may have something in their files, if so...

Or maybe you have used some kind of effect on your tweens?

If those are the only three errors you got, I'm impressed.

I know that when I set my publish settings to a specific version of Flash, all of the actions not available in that version show up highlighted in green (mind you, I've only exported to Flash four, so I don't know if it will warn you about backwards compatibility issues pre-four), but you could try that - set your publish settings to 2 and then go through the movie with a fine tooth comb....

I'm also wondering, what browser is it that only supports flash 2 - if I run into this in the future, I'd like to know what to watch for...

Wish I could be of more help - I've never heard of this problem before - I'm interested to know the answer and yes, I agree with the moderator - the gurus in the help sections might be more able to help you if you post this question there - there are some extremely knowledgeable folks there...

Good luck...

Tyke

Uga-Buga

Thor no like Flash 2...Thor SMASH!

Ahh...its soo nice to remember the caveman days

Lou C. Fur

Post problem fixed

Thanks all -
    I was importing gifs, which seemed to be setting off the alpha msg. I converted them all to BMPs and didn't used the alpha effect. That seemed to fix it.

Good job

Lou C. Fur