A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Someone PLEASE enlighten me - Balthaser.com

I know that there are other threads about Balthaser but I need some questions answered.

Firstly, are these guys serious ?, Their intro (and their whole site for that matter) looks like amatuer hour at the 'come on in' motel. Don't get me wrong, I hold only average skills in relation to Flash (only been using for 10 months), but I know good Flash when I see it and their site is absolute rubbish. The only decent thing was the sound. Their graphics are plain and boring. They go crazy with text tweens and they have probably given several people seizures with that 'Soopa famous' intro technique (flashy, flash, flash). Am I wrong ?.

Secondly, what chance do you think Flash has of being taken seriously if companies like Balthaser start popping up with their websites for $199 (1 hour for design, 3 hours for development and 1 hour for testing). What if websites like theirs start popping up everywhere - Flash is Doomed.

What is going on ? - Am I seriously deluded ? - Have I completely misunderstood what is going on here ?

Thanks,
    Stephen.

Take a read at the interview Flashkit's webmaster did this week with Balthasar's CEO.

http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Re...07/index.shtml

mg33

I have read the entire interview, a couple of articles about Balthaser (internet.com, zdnet.com) and visited all areas of their site. I still don't undestand how something like this could work. All you get is a super basic 'brochure' web site (that looks like the work of a 14 year-old) for $199, NO appeal.

Maybe someone has a link to a site that was built using the Balthaser 'Technology' ?

Yeeaassshh

I went to Balthaser.com and all I see is the intro. No home page or nothing.

balthaser

totally agree.
    the old balthaser took a looooong time to load, so no wonder there were loads of graphics.
    the new one doesn't load at all on my 56k.
    not saying i could do better, but i've seen better sites
    than balthaser and i think FX is hideous (after seeing it on a friends cable modem).

sorry to be so blunt but thats what i think.

resolved Bathaser Like Sites

I'm just curious what other/better sites are out there that offer a similar service... any have any links?

no, thank goodness.