A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: [Resolved] PLATFORM TUTORIAL.....

Yeah It Probobally will

Number 200!

thanx mad-sci!

where do i get a fla buggy

Originally posted by buggy144
    umm...can someone give me the first codes for the ball and the platform...whitout any mistakes...caz when i copyed all that it gave something like 4 syntax errors....i corrected only one caz i knew how but the others..i have no clue...so please...put it again without any umm syntax errors lol
    where do i get a fla buggy

and how do i make a collectible take me to the next level if i pick it up

Nice 1 =)

I want to say that this is a fantastic tutorial, grade A, absolutely 10/10.

I've learned a great deal about 2D platform games in such a short period of time.

Hats off to you Mr Sci =)

Red face enemy's

hum.. i know.. you allready showed how to make a enemy.. but i wan't a enemy kinda like in mad-sci lode runner game.. not a one that flyes behind you but one that is like a real player but only controlled by the computer.. so it has to uses ladders... and it cant flyyyy...

thx mad sci 4 you're GREAT tutorial

Angry

doiv can you please e-mail me the source code for the gta sample or tell me how you did the action script please i have been trying too do that for a long time but cant my e-mail is dragonballgtz72@cs.com

Another round of thanks!

I just spent the last hour and a half of my life reading this entire thread and would personally like to thank everyone who conrtibuted to it - MadSci in particular!

When I finish my game, I'll be sure to post a link! Also, to everyone who made a game using this engine and posted links.. nicely done. My favorite had to be Tony's mushroom pickin' adventure! Loved the seemingly-random blinking effect.. it's the little things that seperate good games from great ones.

SCORE PLEASE HELP

Can some one tell me how to make it so u can see your score. I can get everthing to work but I have a dynamic text box named "score" and I don't know how to make it show your score, it is extremely frustrating. Some one please reply.

Using a dynamic text box, you would first have to write the variable "score" to the .TXT file your box uses. This would only be good for a Top Scores section, since in-game the player's score would constantly be changing. Of course, I'm pretty new at this myself.. you can't use a dynamic text box to display a variable, can you??

While I'm typing, might as well post a question of my own.. I'm making my own variation of our platform engine and having some trouble with ladders. If the ladder takes my player to the top of a platform, he cannot go back down. If the ladder is positioned beside the platform (not overlapping it) then, as soon as the player hits the top, he falls back down! Any way around this?

scoring

make a dynamic textfield and call it total, next locate where you are incrementing your score variable, then insert under the incrementing the code to set your display score to the variable...........

something like this.......

score++; ----your score variable
    _root.total = score; -------your textfield (total)

or you could increment it directly with.......

_root.total++

for Scov search the platform thread, thoroughly, Im sure some guys were making ladders, during the thread!

Scrolling levels

Hey everybody. Resurrecting this again. I've read through this tutorial and it's great... I only am having one problem, how can I make the levels scroll like in mario for example? What I thought of doing was to make platform mc's and then create my level, minus the hero in one big mc. And then when the hero got to the one side of the screen just alter the x position of the large mc. It would work, but when in the platform code the this._y's are relative to the movie clip and not to the scene, so the hero will never land on them right... Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks

-paco

Scrolling Levels

You would use something like this.
    PHP Code:
    if (this._x>=300) {

this._x 299;

_root.ground._x -= 8;
        }
        if (
    this._x<=200) {

this._x 201;

_root.ground._x += 8;