A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A question no one can answer :(

Well..
    I was asking about this stuff already in other forums, but noone gave me an answer so i'll try the last time here..

How can a pass variables from c++ (or t.pascal or whatever) programming language if it is an *.exe file into a fla.movie ?

some: help, link, thread, advice, comment?

anyone?

I honestly don't know exactly how, but check for some tutorials that involve getting javascript to talk with the Flash Player.

other than that, I know you can use C++ to write CGI scripts but I'm not sure you would want to do that, when you can use a scripting language just as well. Passing variable directly to Flash? dunno? Sounds like something that would be cool to do.

In JAVA script it's very easy, I've done that 100' of times - that only proves that it's POSSIBLE do pass variables from outside into flash.movie, but! how it's done in c++ (or what ever other object oriented programming language) i just don't know

Have you looked at sending variables with Perl? If you can manage doing it with JS, and you sound proficient with C++, then I'm sure you can convert your code with relative ease to Perl or PHP. There are several examples of passing variables from Perl. I don't have any urls to give you from this location... but I know that in the FlashKit:Movies archive, there are a few examples of this being done [ie.ICQ online recognition, passes variables between Flash and .php file to tell .swf file to play a certain way, telling you if someone is on ICQ.]

ndl

I can't use Perl, Cgi, JAVA or PHP - 'cause i need this for STAND.ALONE.PLAYER

understand.. ? If i could use perl or php - i'll better use java - but this is in browser applications - but i need for STAND.ALONE.PLAYER

Smile

uhmm... did you try thinking about writing your own specific extension for Flash, via the Macromedia SDK?
    :-)

kenyattaniles, no i didn't would it help? where can i find that?