A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TIP: PC files converted to Mac

Originally posted by 8minus8
    okay i checked out the screenshots and compared them to mine. first, do you have to change the file manager extensions every time on start up?

try selecting the option mount at start-up. i noticed in your screenshot you didn't have it selected. i'm not exactly sure if this is causing your problem, but mine are selected that's why i mention it.

hope this helps.
    re: extensions
    No they stay as I set them.

re: check box
    I think the "mount at start up" is for mounting PC disks--I guess in case you have PC HD connected/networked to your Mac.

My only guess is that something about Quicktime is overiding the file exchange extensions. I tried the same on my powerbook and it won't work either.

J

next question.... what version of flash and quicktime are you running?

Quicktime version 4.1.3
    Flash version 5.0 r6 (not sure what the r6 means)

J

well when i first did this was using flash 4 and quicktime 4. i'm not sure if this is having the negative effect on your computer. currently i'm running flash 5.0a and quicktime 5 i'm not familiar with the r6 version of your flash. i'm going to investigate and see what i can come up with. has anyone else had a similar problem when updating their file exchange?

help please

seeing that you're all on macs, can somebody PLEASE convert my fla to a mac projector file for me? I need it for a schhol presentation, I know i could just have them access my site and do it online, BUT the schools don't believe in updating their software (they're still running flash 2) so can anybody help me? I know lisa tried, but with no luck... here's the fla http://www.ffwd.cx/buffy/presentation.fla
    you could email me the file at fluffypuffycloud@hotmail.com