A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where can I find swift 3d for download

Ok, Ok, Ivan Obviously your not from the US bro. You have to think of it in US terms, by the time dude counts all those pennies in the USA he'll be 65 years old. People that make it in the USA either know someone that helped them, inherited money, or had the intestinal fortitude to go for what they wanted and some how got it, trust me thats rare.

Some people can't afford collage but I've seen some kids that started drawing commic strips that can design rings around some people that went to collage. what's needed is for these companies to get together and start a school online. give some software away with a unique number that unlocks the software by being logged on the server of their choice. These people will learn the software and hat software will become the industry standard. when it gets there the companies will be forced to buy it. Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day, Show that man how to use your software and the company he works for will buy your software. You can even do our beta testing that way, hell for that matter it can even be a tax write off.

Macromedia even though they know thier being hit by warez is not putting trial versions out just for you to learn their software.. dont be an idiot.. how can you learn flash 5, along with scripting in 30 days, get a grip. Macromedia is ruthless!!!! Macromedia is flooding the market so all you know is FLASH!!! and anyone that even gets close to flash will be stepped on like a bug. look at the release dates of Adobe and then compare them with the release dates of Macromedia software. Every time you will find that Macromedia has come out with a new version of their software a few weeks or months before Adobe, to suck up the cash we have for software prior to Adobe's release date. Macromedia has the backing and partnership of Microsoft, don't you think they share analitical data as well?
    If you hate microsoft you should hate Macromedia as well, the apple don't fall far from the tree.

I say again you if companies wanted to stop warez they can.. Electric Rain gets a big azz nod from me for job well done, I didn't know about the importer becuase I bought my copy but thats sweet.

And to Ivan if you are Ivan the cracker good job.. lol I sent you $10 a few years ago for a crack. But people could care less if you feel sorry for them...they just want software.

"by the time dude counts all those pennies in the USA he'll be 65 years old"
    65 years old, ha? Well, I see you just using any chance trying to prove I am wrong. LOL
    I am not going to argue with you anymore. He...he...he...
    Well, it obvious to me now, that you belong to this guy's club.

You got it. I am not from US. I am from Canada.

Another one mentiones that I might be Ivanopulo, the cracker. Amazing how people think. Should we put a counter.
    [Edited by Ivanopulo on 05-05-2001 at 10:25 AM]

I laugh at all of you who stated that the costs and what not to start your business and get your software. It is the same as any other business you just want it for free eg. carpet cleaning
    construction.
    auto repair for any of these businesses you are going to spend in the upwards of thousands just to get he equipment and you think that webdevelopment is any different
    and with these business what happens when a tool gets old and breaks down you have to buy another.

what you are all looking for is a get rich quick scheme out of your home and have no real grasp or concept on how any business works.

I'd be very interested to know how many of you started from absolute scratch, had absolutely no money behind you (including money for college) and still managed to purchase all the software and equipment 100% legally to gain the knowledge to get where you are today. If so, by all means give details.

Very simple i went to college for it got some of the software discounted or as part of my books. youd be suprised the discounts that your shcool bookstore gets on software.

2 I started working. And in package deals from work i was able to puchase software at a much cheaper rate.

4. i saved money the same way i did when i bought my car house clothes furniture nothing different

that is how i have aquired most of my software

right now i really want 3d studio but guess what im saving up for it im not going to steal it.

"I'd be very interested to know how many of you started from absolute scratch"
    I don't know if it will count. But here it is. anyway.

I had many different part time jobs during my highschool, and after. But living with your parents, and working part time is not a good idea. So I started to think about the real job. During my highschool years, I've purchased some used music studio equipment(a synth, another rack mount synth, drum machine, electric guitar, and Fender amp. It was cool for highschool years, but useless later. So I've sold all, but Fender amp, and a guitar. For the money I've got, I went to Mike's driving school, in Toronto. Started to take lessons. After about $1000 worth of lessons, I've passed the test, and got my AZ license.
    I dreamed about a job where I would drive a new really good looking rig, to the places I want. Like in movies. After some time of research, I've found out, that not only you won't get a new nice rig, and nice runs,but no job at all. Because I didn't have any experience, nobody wanted to take me. One day I've came to a place, where they needed a shunt-driver(to move trailers around the yard) So they took me for a miser $12, just to see what I can do. I was working really hard. Often doing some jobs, that had nothing to do with trucks. Cleaning, coffee and cigarette pickup, etc. After few weeks, they asked me to drive few blocks from our base. I did. Nothing happened to me, and to the truck. Then again. And again...So, I started to drive around. Then 1 day, they've sent me to a place 100 km from Toronto. I did it(got lost in the beginning, though) So I started to drive 89 Kenworth T600A around the province, pulling water pipes on a 48 feet flatbed trailer. Now I was getting 25% of the load. About 30-35cpm(cents per mile), depending on situation. 6 days a week, for 3 years. Hard winter storms, construction mud, DOT inspections, log books(who knows what it is will understand me ), different working hours. I've seen it all. It was really physically, and mentally difficult. Really. But every day, I saw nice trucks on a road, and I wanted one real bad. So I kept working.
    So after 3 years, I've saved some money, and got myself a brand new Volvo VN420 with integral sleeper. Not the "biggest" truck out there, but still CND$120000 toy. I've put $25000 down for it.
    Now I started to make big money, running Toronto-Montreal everyday(1100km return trip) CND$975 gross for a load from T. and for a load from M.
    My dad had a bodyshop at that time. But had to move to other location, because of a law, about pollution, plus he didn't want to be in a place filled with dust all the time(it is dangerous for your health) So he decided to drive a truck with me, together as a team(switching). That would make enough money for each of us, plus we would have more time to rest. We drove it for some time, and made not a bad money, since the truck was running all the time, now. But then he got tired of it, and opened again a mechanical autoshop, and I drove for a while. Then they started to decrease the rates, since many owner-operators came with a old, or cheap equipment, and offered to pull for less. Plus, the fuel prices went up. That was about CND$10000-15000 extra, per year. Also, I wanted some social life. I wanted to be home everyday, eat and sleep properly. So I quit.
    I was sitting home, enjoying "normal" life, playing with computers(which I liked from school) And one day came across the Flash. So it began.
    I tried to use MM Flash. I could buy it, since money wasn't a problem, as you understand. But didn't like it(too dumb for it I guess) So I came across SWISH. I've played with it. And then one day someone came to me asking to make an intro. So it started. I didn't buy many tools, though. I just have:
    SWISH
    CoolEdit2000
    Used PaintShop 5
    Xara3d
    Not much money I must say.
    So here I am. Doing Flash for fun, and extra money. Thinking about going to Alberta, working in mining industry. Since I like to work with big equipment, and I want a stable high pay job for the rest of my life.

I tip my hat to you Ivan..

Are you, really?
    Then my is in the air, too.

I am ****ing poor guy, i can't afford to buy thees prohram, plz someone help me and yell me ver i can get thees for free guy

wow! ur good iven

I started writing raw HTML in 97 using notepad. The Cheap Way! I was also lucky enough to be given a copy of Photoshop 3.0 - a legal version. From then on as soon as I got a design job - small change back then - I got myself new gear. That was OK as for a while.

I soon realised if I was gonna play with the big boys, then some investment was called for. So I racked up the credit card / overdraft etc. And tooled up. Of course I've used cracked stuff from time to time, but it always seemed to f**k up my system some how. Besides being legal gives you access to support and upgrades...

It's now starting to pay off, I've got clients willing to pay me £150 a day - not every day, I wish - but enough to manage my debt and put some away, or invest in some new piece of kit that has taken my fancy. It's a living! I'm going to get Swift 3D in the next week or so, really looking forward to that

If there is one thing I've learned: it's don't give up even when you have to do other jobs at the same time to pay for food and stuff.

My two cents as well...

Look guys, i dont agree with the fact that people have to "steal" software, but I also dont agree with the fact that people have to steal bread, or milk...(extream example, i know) but you cant tell me the the average joe downloading some pirated software because it looks cool is really hurting someone elses pockets. Most of the time, it sits on a hard drive and collects dust. Some 15 year old kid whos interested in web design and wants to take a look at a program should be able to...without having to go spend an exorbiant amount of money. (heres where you conter with DEMOS) OK, they rarely work, take forever to download (some of us are to poor to be broadbanded just yet, id rather, ohh i dont know, eat!), and are a lot harder to find than a warez site. Keeping warez is illegal, downloading it and looking at it for a 24 hour period is not.
    As for buying the software through schools... Most student licences prohibit using that copy for profitable work.... hence making it just as illegal as warez. I dont know of ANY software that doesnt have that provision in its student user agreement.
    I got started the hard way as well... Twice as a matter of fact (here was the big long sob story i wont bore you with) And my point is, people dont need free software... they need affordable software. $7,000 for 3DS Max....$140 for Swift (i can understand, i paid it) but $300 for a plug-in!!!! Come on people... not all of us are well paid designers (anymore) and can dish out that much because we just have some much work making us tons of money...
    Deal with it, or make two versions. One for you designers, and one for us poor schlubs who stock shelfs for a living. Chances are, your fledgling designers and webmasters using the illegal stuff now will buy when it comes time to get a job. No offence to any otu there....
    Peace

I stopped reading replies to this thread because I was getting angry. everyone tries to give rebuddles and what have you, but when it comes down to it, it is stealing.

let me ask you guys something: would you feel bad if you went into a store and grabbed a program off of the shelf and walked out? whats the difference if you download it?

If you people stop making excuses and put that energy to work, you could have paid for the program. if you say that you just want to evaluate the product, than buy it and take advantage of the 30 return policy. I am only 16 years, old, but I saved my hard-earned money for almost 3 months just to buy this program.

If you won't get up and work for something you want, you probably don't want it bad enough.

get off your ass and earn something rather than stealing it.

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

This long since ceased to be a discussion relevant to the Swift 3D forum. Interesting topic, but it should be addressed in another forum or (better yet) offline.

thank you.