A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3D to 2D in Flash 5 - please help!

OBJECTIVE:
    create a (pseudo) 3d rotating portfolio that, when the "trigger" is press, the portfolio (let's say 8 images) appear to be rotating in a 3d style (ie: the one in front is biggest and the one in back is smallest and so on...) WHILE obeying mouse speed as it relates to the rotation of the images AND mouse direction as it relates to the direction of the orbit.

ISSUES:
    i have read through all the tutorials in the 3d section including the links to 2d math and 3d math (haven't had algebra or trig for years - so a litle foggy) and have found useful information, but i don't have studio max 3d so that's out and the 3d engine, though cool, has features in it that are more advanced than i need. i can't seem to find what i'm looking for...

QUESTION:
    so how do i do it?

ok, so i admit that i don't have a firm grasp of trig and action scripting however, i have been able to do the some stuff like tracking the mouse and drag and drop targets, blah blah...

** if anyone would be able to offer some suggestions on this - i would GREATLY appreciate it!

an example of this is at http://pleatsplease.com/products/style.html

i basically want to do the same thing but not as complecated.

cheers,
    =]

FYI - this question is more related to Actionscripting and MovieClip creation. You don't need a 3d software package to do what you are trying to do.... I don't think you need that much actionscripting either, actually.

I would suggest reposting this question in a different category.

ndl

thanks - i'll give it a try.

=]