A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ****** SWiSH V2 Beta 2 available ******

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by harveybass
    SWF OR SWI?
    * the SWF you are trying to import
    * the SWI you are importing it into
    * the resulting SWI (with the huge horizontal black lines on the right).

That would probably be best

one possible bug, one suggestion

One possible bug: tried to set ctrl+enter as a keyboard command for play movie, can't get it to be recognized, though shift+ctrl+enter will work, and alt+ctrl+enter will work for play scene, and shift+ctrl+alt+enter works for play effect. BTW, what does "Set accelerator for" mean on that keyboard customization menu -- does that mean enable these shortcuts on either the specific movie or the global application?

A suggestion, if it's possible: add "All Readable File Types" or something like that to the file type list on the insert file dialog, would make it easier in some cases.

Thanks, Will

I have founf that only some swf files have the long horizontal line on the right, any suggestion as og why?

Originally posted by harveybass
    I have founf that only some swf files have the long horizontal line on the right, any suggestion as og why?
    Fixed!

Hey I like the new merge shapes it's cool becuase you can even merge pictures and stuff but since you can do that i would recommend putting an option to insert hotspots like a button so you can merge a shape and then make a particular region of it into a clickable spot to add actions and stuff to.

Yeah Beta 2 is running much stronger than previuous Beta 1. I've also noticed changes in processing time so that's a added bounus. Beta 2 is so much quicker than 1#, which you guys obviously fixed. I found reaction time for Beta one was too slow which was a minus because I thought Beta 1 going to be pretty good. But all has been fixed and I just finished downloading Beta 2 so I'm gonna go for some more test runs. Great work Guys!

(TREJNET -=JJB90=- -SNYPA- -=-_-=-)

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by Rykor
    Hey I like the new merge shapes it's cool becuase you can even merge pictures and stuff but since you can do that i would recommend putting an option to insert hotspots like a button so you can merge a shape and then make a particular region of it into a clickable spot to add actions and stuff to.
    Buttons already do all that. No need for anything else.

Convert the merged picture into a button and adjust the hit state to setup the active area.

If you want multiple hit areas, then make some invisible buttons (ones that only have a hit area) and place then at the appropriate hotspot areas.

SWiSHoldie

Ao many Crashes

WINNT SP5
    P III 500 MHz

To many undo-steps crash Swish beta 2. It's the same as all prelease on my machine.
    Undo-steps betwenn 20-30

Please, please, PLEASE!!! Can we have an option to keep the outline weight the same size no matter what the scale of the object? Adjusting nodes gets ugly with very complex objects.

shanks-a-mil

Hey I got that runtime error when I tried to import content into Beta 2 from swish v1.0. Everytime I try and upload a swi file or swf sometimes this message comes up.

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: Ao many Crashes

Originally posted by Wildthinks
    WINNT SP5
    P III 500 MHz

To many undo-steps crash Swish beta 2. It's the same as all prelease on my machine.
    Undo-steps betwenn 20-30
    Thanks for the feedback .. have to see if we can track down a WinNT PC somewhere to test on and try to reproduce.

Undo/redo in SWiSH is very greedy. I am considering putting in an option to limit the number of undo/redo's that are kept. That way you can choose to have unlimited undo/redo (can use up LOTS of memory and slow things down) or limit to say the last few undo's only, which should ease the burden of memory and improve performance.

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by spam.lover
    Please, please, PLEASE!!! Can we have an option to keep the outline weight the same size no matter what the scale of the object? Adjusting nodes gets ugly with very complex objects.

shanks-a-mil
    I don't think its possible.

The select tool transforms the whole object. That means everything should grow or shrink uniformly. It is simply a graphical way of setting the scale factors. If the border didn't increase with the inside, then it wouldn't really be a uniform scaling.

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by TRJNET
    Hey I got that runtime error when I tried to import content into Beta 2 from swish v1.0. Everytime I try and upload a swi file or swf sometimes this message comes up.
    You cannot (and will not) be able to load a V2 SWI into V1.5. It is simply not possible. V1.5 just doesn't understand the things that are in V2 .. there is no way that it could.

You'll find this is the same situation with almost all software. Backward compatibility is almost always done (ie V2 can read SWI files from V1.5) but forward compatibility (what you are wanting) is extremely rare because it is almost impossible to do if anything at all new is added.

Re: Re: Ao many Crashes

Originally posted by roger_onslow
    WINNT SP5
    P III 500 MHz

Undo-steps betwenn 20-30
    Thanks for the feedback .. have to see if we can track down a WinNT PC somewhere to test on and try to reproduce.

Undo/redo in SWiSH is very greedy. I am considering putting in an option to limit the number of undo/redo's that are kept. That way you can choose to have unlimited undo/redo (can use up LOTS of memory and slow things down) or limit to say the last few undo's only, which should ease the burden of memory and improve performance.
    Definitely, I'll vote for that, Swish 2.0 is slower than 1.51, and I'll take any performance improvement option. I think you're spot on giving the option to choose the number of undos -- that way if someone wants the insurance of multiple undos they can choose that, and if someone doesn't need as many they can step up performance. If providing a choice isn't an option, I'll vote for at least a few less undo levels to help performance.

Best, Will

Originally posted by spam.lover

shanks-a-mil
    I don't think its possible.

The select tool transforms the whole object. That means everything should grow or shrink uniformly. It is simply a graphical way of setting the scale factors. If the border didn't increase with the inside, then it wouldn't really be a uniform scaling.
    I think something that points to a way to do this would be a "set new 100% size" on the dimensions of a shape, and then maybe a sub option for "include lines" or something like that, which if it wasn't chosen, would redraw the shape's line at the original width specified.

I think a "set new 100% size" would be very useful during layout and development. Often I'll draw a shape, say a rectangle, and then a few minutes later when my design is further along, I'll resize it. However, maybe my final size sets my original percentages to 138% height and 97.39% width. Rather than start any transform work with a shape that has those dimensions, it would be nice (but not essential) to be able to set my new shape dimensions as the 100% size, then work from there. Even more importantly, however, at that point, it would be great to be able to reset my line widths back to the original width specified to retain the design consistency, which could conceivably be possible if the new dimensions are perceived as the 100% dimensions by the program. Then again, I realize that I know nothing about how this program is constructed, so I could be totally out of the ballpark in my thinking.

If spam.lover is talking about having an object's lines stay the same width through the course of a scaling change in, say, a move effect, I could see how that would be even more of a challenge at this point.

While the "set new 100% size" would be helpful, I realize that since now we can work things visually, we don't need to worry so much about actual numbers (man the new scaling controls are awesome, I just tried them in the move effect, they work so sweeet), but I could see where occasionally having such a 100% redim feature could be helpful. More of a "nice to have" for me personally, but might come in handy nonetheless from time to time.

Will

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.

Re: Re: Ao many Crashes

[/B]
    roger,
    great idea, particularly if the user can set the number of undo's that are available.
    david p.

hmmm, i have been coming back about once a month for the past 5 months now looking for that version 2 that was supposed to be released last december. neone seen that version?

mindfix

SWiSHoldie
    Flashhopper,

on my Machine is the speed the same. Not to slow.

Roger
    Please implement a the function where I can see the exported filesize. I "develop" with V2 and I can't evulate the filesize. I have see in Insane Tool, nice effects, but very very big files (5 MB for simple Translation)

I "develop" with V2 and I can't evulate the filesize. I have see in Insane Tool, nice effects, but very very big files (5 MB for simple Translation)
    It shows the exported filesize (I think that's what it is) at the bottom next to the clock ... When you preview the movie, it will appear down there.

peaces and such
    cadence

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by Cadence
    I "develop" with V2 and I can't evulate the filesize. I have see in Insane Tool, nice effects, but very very big files (5 MB for simple Translation)
    It shows the exported filesize (I think that's what it is) at the bottom next to the clock ... When you preview the movie, it will appear down there.
    The figure in the status bar shows the size of the internal SWF that is playing in the preview .. it is a rough indication of final file size (depending on export options).

In the export-enabled version, the figure in the status bar will show the size of the exported SWF after you do an export.