A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: ****** SWiSH V2 Beta 2 available ******

the same happed to me except it becomes nearly halfthe size. I have noticed that it only happens when i right click again on another object when I am going to paste it that it happens.

Originally posted by harveybass
    the same happed to me except it becomes nearly halfthe size. I have noticed that it only happens when i right click again on another object when I am going to paste it that it happens.
    You don't even have to do that all you have to do is click off the pasted object and it will move it over a half a pixel or so, or resize it a half a pixel or so.FlashopperYour not alone.
    [Edited by Rykor on 05-22-2001 at 02:06 PM]

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by Rykor
    You don't even have to do that all you have to do is click off the pasted object and it will move it over a half a pixel or so, or resize it a half a pixel or so.FlashopperYour not alone.
    [Edited by Rykor on 05-22-2001 at 02:06 PM]
    How do I reproduce this problem. Please give me exact steps that make it move like this. Thanks.

OK I was able to recreate it in an instant. Do this:

1. New movie;

2. Insert button into scene 1;

3. Select up state. Select rectangle tool. Default color is red; set color alpha in fill to 0%;

4. Draw a rectangle in the up state;

5. I have these specs on the rectangle:

x=304
    y=201
    w=197
    h=85

6. Select the rectangle and copy it;

7. Select the "over state" of the button; paste the rectangle;

8. When I pasted, here were the specs for the new rectangle:

x=300
    y=200
    w=197
    h=85

9. then, on the new rectangle, I changed the... uh... I changed the uh...the uh...

OK, I just realized something important. The reason the meaurements keep changing on one dimension when you change the other is because THE UNIFORM SCALING IS ON!!!!! What looks like a bug is actually the program working they way it probably should.

However, you can see that the positioning is slightly different upon paste. And I could have sworn that from paste to paste, the dimensions change slightly. Maybe not, try experimenting with it a little and you'll probably be able to determine whether or not everything's good or not. I will as well.

Thanks, Will

Has MR.Hung (I'd like to have that name) been able to reproduce the grey backgrounding on preview mode, whenever inserting a remove effect on a button?

Has MR.Hung (I'd like to have that name) been able to reproduce the grey backgrounding on preview mode, whenever inserting a remove effect on a button?
    Yes, it's a bug. I've fixed it.

Hung-Hsin

You're da man! That's what I love about you guys, you straight on it!

POSSIBLE BUG.

create a scene of just balls anywhere ans everywhere. Copy that scene and paste it. in scene 1 create a go to frame that goes to the pasted scene 2. My objects seem to appear in slightly different places.

Re: POSSIBLE BUG.

create a scene of just balls anywhere ans everywhere. Copy that scene and paste it. in scene 1 create a go to frame that goes to the pasted scene 2. My objects seem to appear in slightly different places.
    Could you send me the swi please?

Hung-Hsin

POSSIBLE BUG

I'll send it to you tonight when I get home. I am at University. (Maybe I should be studying!?)

Uh oh ...

**EDITED**** Read after the explanation please ****

Lemme try to reproduce this ... I thought it was just my computer, so I uninstalled, reinstalled, and tried again, and it did it again ...

1) Create a text block (I just used the default "text")

2) Convert to Shapes ...

3) Merge Shapes ...

4) Apply a gradient fill to it ...

5) Transform the gradient fill (this steps works fine)

6) Apply a motion path to the Merged Shape ...

After the motion path is applied, I can't rotate the text, I can't tranform (resize) it, I can't do anything to it ... I can't even grab it and move it to a new location .. It's just frozen on the screen ... ???

Okay, I figured out what the problem was ... Maybe this is still a bug, I'm not sure ... But, When I was trying to resize, rotate, etc. after applying the motion path, the Merged Shape was still highlighted in the Scene outline ... When I clicked on the main group (text - w/ subgroup merged shape), then I was able to do whatever I wanted to it ...
    I left the above explanation, because I wasn't sure if it was still a bug or not ... But, thanks either way

uh oh

Cadence

[Edited by Cadence on 05-30-2001 at 08:01 AM]

Possible Bug....???????

I just downloaded beta2 v5 and when I attempt to create an effect, I am unable to select any options under the effect. For example, if I select the snake effect and then attempt to alter the waveform (currently set at sine), I am unable to select any other options. This is true for any other effect where there is a drop down menu.

Hope this is clear...thanks.

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: Possible Bug....???????

Originally posted by sleblang
    I just downloaded beta2 v5 and when I attempt to create an effect, I am unable to select any options under the effect. For example, if I select the snake effect and then attempt to alter the waveform (currently set at sine), I am unable to select any other options. This is true for any other effect where there is a drop down menu.

Hope this is clear...thanks.
    Please post bugs in V2Beta5 in the V2Beta5 thread (rather than here) .. that way we know which bugs apply to which version.

But while you're here ... Please describe more clearly what you see when you click on one of the menu buttons, and what happens when you click on one of the menu options.

I don't have any problem at all under Windows 98 or Windows 2000.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    I'll close this thread to avoid any confusion.
    Look for the beta 5 thread to report bugs for that.
    cheers,
    david p.